Login to Your Account
Page 46 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast
    Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post
    They tried that theory in Iran. Only a couple dozen died. Seems that they only had methanol available and didn't know the difference between methanol and isopropanol.
    Isopropanol is not that great for consumption either. What you normally want is ethanol

2. Likes Ziggy2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    Trump aint no doctor.
    I'm sure that he didn't tie the hands of the CDC.
    I'm sure that there was action of some sort, but the bulk of us had to wait and see how it would shake out.

Travel restrictions started mid January as a chum of mine was s'posed to go over and walk on some big-ass wall back eat somewhere - about right now.
    He got Montezuma's Revenge in Egypt a yr or so ago, and after that - he's fine to stay home I think.
    His wife - not so much....

My wife was s'posed to have gone to Check Rep next month, but that got cancelled once the whole Euro thing blew up.
    She's out quite a bit of $ (and reward) and I'm not sure if getting out with her life is compensation enough to keep her happy about it right now?

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    he has systematically dismantled as much government as possible
    no question
    did doing so delay appropriate response
    history will right the story

I got a weeks pay says absolutely

4. Likes Spud liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    It's a lovely day in the Manchester area today. We have a really nice country park by a nearby lake close where I live. Today it had to be closed because of the numbers visiting it ! Garden centres are packed apparently. This is the UK supposedly under lock down. Pubs in Scotland refused to close on Friday night and now an emergency law is being rushed out to compel closure by law.

We truly are terminally stupid in the UK. The results of 40 years of the " We do what we want " culture.

Regards Tyrone.

Incredible.

In most populated Canadian provinces they've enacted an emergency measures act closing schools, restaurants, bars, sporting events and banning public gatherings.

Most stores are closed.

Our citizens were told to come home and self isolate for two weeks and then we closed our borders. The elderly are being told to not go out.

Looks like from the news people here are taking it seriously and our "numbers" seem to reflect it:

Canada Coronavirus: 1,426 Cases and 20 Deaths - Worldometer

Granted there's only 38M of us spread out pretty good. And we're not "touchy feely" as a rule, except for the French of course.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    1 in every 22000 folks have it on the planet and it is decimating our economies. Sheesh
    In my estimation I totally disagree. I think it's everywhere already. It can live on a box for 24 hours and packing tape for 72. It's been out ahead of any lockdown by a long stretch.

Number of new cases is meaningless at this point. Here in north Texas they won't even test you unless you fit into a few small groups AND have a fever. They get a couple hundred new per day, so how many have it that don't have symptoms or not enough to bother.. 1000x, so it's everywhere.

Hard to find real info through all the garbage media frenzy. This chart is informative.

coronavirus-vs-flu-death-rate.jpg

I also read somewhere (can't find the article now) that the vast majority of people who die also have underlying conditions. So, basically working age people who are healthy have zero to worry about. How long will the entire economy be shut down to save mostly 80 year olds? Should be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosK View Post
    In my estimation I totally disagree. I think it's everywhere already. It can live on a box for 24 hours and packing tape for 72. It's been out ahead of any lockdown by a long stretch.

Number of new cases is meaningless at this point. Here in north Texas they won't even test you unless you fit into a few small groups AND have a fever. They get a couple hundred new per day, so how many have it that don't have symptoms or not enough to bother.. 1000x, so it's everywhere.

Hard to find real info through all the garbage media frenzy. This chart is informative.

coronavirus-vs-flu-death-rate.jpg

I also read somewhere (can't find the article now) that the vast majority of people who die also have underlying conditions. So, basically working age people who are healthy have zero to worry about. How long will the entire economy be shut down to save mostly 80 year olds? Should be interesting.
    What happens when all the 80 year olds are iin the hospital and you show up with a broken leg, how long before you die of sepsis

ignorant BS

It is not about the 80 year olds

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the last 24 hours 3 of my parents close friends have had fevers spike and extreme flu symptoms. These are otherwise healthy people in their 50's through 70's. One is a cashier at a large grocer.

It begins...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    oh boy.

EG: remember that "bet" on 80k infected in US by wednesday?
    Well they just hit 13000 new cases in New York alone.
    38000 cases total at the moment.

Looks like there might have been a clerical error, bunch of new cases disappeard

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    What happens when all the 80 year olds are in the hospital and you show up with a broken leg, how long before you die of sepsis

ignorant BS

It is not about the 80 year olds
    I'm not saying there isn't a problem. Clogging up the hospitals and panic hoarding are real concerns. For most people, a bad flu is of little concern. Fine for you to disagree, but I'm not ignorant or bullshitting. I stated some factual info and my opinion.

The 24/72 numbers I got from my local Fox news channel last night. Who gets tested here is direct from local news as well. Not BS. My estimation that there are 1000 younger healthier carriers out there for every 1 positive who shows up at the drive through is 100% my opinion and I could be wrong.

The chart and this other one are from legit enough news sources.

byage.jpg (original looked hard to read)

preex.jpg

Coronavirus death rates for people with preexisting health conditions - Business Insider

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    Incredible.

In most populated Canadian provinces they've enacted an emergency measures act closing schools, restaurants, bars, sporting events and banning public gatherings.

Most stores are closed.

Our citizens were told to come home and self isolate for two weeks and then we closed our borders. The elderly are being told to not go out.

Looks like from the news people here are taking it seriously and our "numbers" seem to reflect it:

Canada Coronavirus: 1,426 Cases and 20 Deaths - Worldometer

Granted there's only 38M of us spread out pretty good. And we're not "touchy feely" as a rule, except for the French of course.
    I am pretty sure the low population density is the biggest factor in the low numbers.

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosK View Post

The 24/72 numbers I got from my local Fox news channel last night. Who gets tested here is direct from local news as well. Not BS. My estimation that there are 1000 younger healthier carriers out there for every 1 positive who shows up at the drive through is 100% my opinion and I could be wrong.
    ]
    Koreans have already established data on this and there about 10% have needed hospitalization. Their testing has been very comprehensive so they have probably got 99% of even the mild carriers. I think average american goes to testing quite a bit earlier than "straight to ER" condition.

1:1000 ratio between carriers and positive tests would mean that this is soon over in US. That would make 30 million infected currently in US. Nope.
    Maybe 10x tested positive or even 30x tested positive but not 1000x.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    No, and I have no need to. I know about tian an men, so does everybody around me, and I know about Fred Hampton. Who the fuck cares ? it's MEANINGLESS.

This fixation on your guys' part is retarded. It makes no goddamned difference. Did the Chicago cops and FBI who murdered Fred Hampton go to prison ? How about the Southerners who murdered Emmet Till ? Did Jedgar spend the rest of his life behind bars for COINTELPRO ? Was Nixon drawn and quartered for betrayal of the United States with North Vietnam, and the 100,000 guys he got killed ? Free press, yay, we can sit and read about it. Doesn't make a single goddamned bit of difference but you are so free !

You're just hanging onto stupid shit because that's all you've got. It has nothing to do with covid 19, which the US and Italy and France and Spain and Germany fucked up entirely. I'll go out on a limb here and say a big part of that fuckup is the "reasoning" you people are displaying right here.

So. Don't believe it. Covid doesn't exist. China is lying. Go on your merry way and ignore it. What, me worry ? Be happy ! China is just a bunch of liars !

I'll try to get some markers made for your tombstones.
    Are you just beating a straw man Mr. G? I do not think you are seeing many that actually believe all the things you say we are doing. There may be a few.

You should cut the West some slack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    In the last 24 hours 3 of my parents close friends have had fevers spike and extreme flu symptoms. These are otherwise healthy people in their 50's through 70's. One is a cashier at a large grocer.

It begins...
    I wish them the best. I would think a grocery store cashier would be a high risk job these days as they often make contact with lots of people collecting payments and handing over change. I have always heard money can carry lots of germs, not sure how true that is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Are you just beating a straw man Mr. G? I do not think you are seeing many that actually believe all the things you say we are doing. There may be a few.

You should cut the West some slack.
    The guy is a condescending jerk who loves communism and has an extreme hatred for the USA, just put him on ignore.

16. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh absolutely. China is a bunch of liars, the US has the honest free press, unicorns dance on the green in front of the Liberty Bell, and this whole covid thing was just an overblown hype fraud created by them deceitful media-trampling commies.

I will now sit back and watch.

btw, Mc .... your shitty Canadian socialized health care is so far doing a great job with this. One of a few places that has. You should be happy you are not in the US right now.
    Mmm why so bitter Mr. G? Is there a need that you have to constantly lay down your creative propaganda pro China apologist and all?

Sure there are those amount us who have lived a while who are much more familiar with the history of China since Mao. They are a lot of those same persons who had their jobs and the work in their trade moved out of the US. Sure there are those who ignore that and many favor outsourcing and have been enriched by China and the drain of work to China. They have always defended China. I know that with this situation though that you are justifiably defensive because people can not admit that China pulled off a good fix for the virus. It is also the case though that most everyone knows the leaders in China are most frequently and past also not always being honest and truthful. It is a problem in most every country.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Are you and Milland bored? It is understandable in times like this. Changing up the regular Trump bashing to include Bill Clinton is like a train jumping to another track right. Y’all are never boring I just think when you are baiting good Christian folk about the POTUS you should not jump tracks often because it really scares the natives.
    Not bored, concerned. And there's no such thing as a "good Christian" who's a Trump supporter, as Trump plays for the other side.

Really, how can anyone possibly call themselves good Christians and still support a racist, xenophobic man who acts like he does. It's one thing to hate the sin but love the sinner, another when there's nothing but sin inherent to the man:

Lust? Check
    Greed? Check
    Sloth? Check
    Wrath? Check
    Envy? Check
    Pride? Check
    Gluttony? Check

I'll add:

Supreme Ignorance? Check
    Malignant Manipulator? Check
    Etc...

19. Likes e-fishin-c, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Not bored, concerned. And there's no such thing as a "good Christian" who's a Trump supporter, as Trump plays for the other side.

Really, how can anyone possibly call themselves good Christians and still support a racist, xenophobic man who acts like he does. It's one thing to hate the sin but love the sinner, another when there's nothing but sin inherent to the man:

Lust? Check
    Greed? Check
    Sloth? Check
    Wrath? Check
    Envy? Check
    Pride? Check
    Gluttony? Check

I'll add:

Supreme Ignorance? Check
    Etc...

I wrote in "J.D. Vance" for the last election . . . don't know what I will do for the next election - if only Bill Sasse would run. This is why a lot of Christians voted Trump -> Evangelical Elites Are Out of Touch | Carl R. Trueman | First Things . . . Carl is one of my favorite prognosticators across a broad range of topics.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post

Lust? Check
    Greed? Check
    Sloth? Check
    Wrath? Check
    Envy? Check
    Pride? Check
    Gluttony? Check

I'll add:

Supreme Ignorance? Check
    Etc...
    LOL! Well. You are a consistently GULLIBLE sod, if nothing else. You know the media. Not the man.

Not that it matters, thankfully.

Trump ain't the Satan you've chosen to believe in your own ignorance.

But if Satan had offered the better package?

We just might vote his ass into office for the wished-for benefit off it.

Just look how far Bullshit Sanders or Lies-a-hontas carried the mail on that fairytale economics score. Or a middlin' average "barrista" - pea-brain AOC as can't even manage grocery-store 'rithmetic.

Biden? All he really has to do is fake "still breathing". Hired-hoor for whomever holds the wires even if he goes on entubulation, third day after in-hog-your-nation day.

it ain't so much about party or "sides". We've been voting-in the bottom off the bell-curve 'coz the votors most easily fired-up are more and more down at that end themselves. "The media" KNOW that and hoor themselves to it.

Great job we've done to ourselves - making the job of Prez so thoroughly and AUTOMATICALLY hated for the sake of cheap entertainment that no one "real" even WANTS it.

Trump KNEW that going in. He had the balls to take-on the heat, regardless.

We needed that.

We still do.

23. Likes jancollc, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    How dare they present information that's counter to my world view?! The nerve!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nah, usually Milland and me are on opposite sides of the table. But when you play musical chairs you gotta be flexible
    Milland (ooh, third person!) likes to hear all sorts of views, and agrees with some and vehemently disagrees with others. It's weird, some sort of "thinking for himself" thing over following anyone's political or social doctrine. How unAmerican...

26. Likes Trueturning liked this post