Corona virus affecting your business ? Over reaction? - Page 60
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 60 of 216 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If the pandemic hangs around that long it's possible that, given the age of the candidates and most of PM, all will have succumbed to the virus and none will be around to run or vote when the time comes. Brave new world indeed.

2. Likes Ziggy2, Trueturning, Mark Rand liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Hodge;3513613]Wait, you talking about the virus......or trump and the election...[/QUOT
    Nothing in relation specifically to Trump. Just the fact that the economic damage will exceed the pain of isolation in our houses in hopes of avoiding the virus.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Wait, you talking about the virus......or trump and the election...
    Falling off motorcycles and moving to China could be your only viable option?

Either way?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Wait, you talking about the virus......or trump and the election...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy2 View Post
    Nothing in relation specifically to Trump. Just the fact that the economic damage will exceed the pain of isolation in our houses in hopes of avoiding the virus.
    Yabut.. the economic damage AND the virus's toll will be greater yet if we do NOT isolate and are devastated as to the ability to claw-back and rebuild rapidly.

No easy answers even on the menu as wishful-thinking, this go.

All DJT's personal fault, of course.

Clan Clinton wudda simply charged their foreign clients higher bribes and taxed the rest of us for lessons in more "moderate" political masturbation than Obama's flavour of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In 2014, I bought some tools from CreateTool, a Chinese manufacturer. Nina Wang was my contact and in our interchange (in awkward computer translations) we talked about weather, family, holidays, etc. She seemed like a nice person besides being a sales rep. Remembering this a six weeks ago when Wuhan was so much in the news, I sent here a message of sympathy and good will. I just received the following:

"Dear Mr. Forrest Addy,

Thank you very much for your kind concerning, yes, we remember you, your are first customer who ordered an unhardened blank toolholder, and it is an honor that you still remember us in this hard time, please let me representative all my colleagues say thanks to you.

Sorry we did not reply you timely, because Wuhan just re-started work yesterday, and only for agricultural industrial companies and machine industrial companies, no entertainment places, yesterday we cleaned all office areas, today it is the first day we start formal work after 2 months quarantine since 23rd Jan., some of residents said now it is still not 100% safe in outside, so, we still keep distance even in office.

Looking back to the past 2 months, Wuhan experienced a hard circumstance, the night when local government annouced quarantining Wuhan city my uncle was in hospital to wait for a hospital bed, because that time there were no enough hospital beds for infected people, all of us were panic, that time, every single day lots of people were dying, i still feel feared once i recall that time. Subsequent news you probably knew from social media, all life-resources were transported to Wuhan from everywhere, and Center government ordered military and medical staffs to help Wuhan, some of heroic doctors gone because of infection, but some of Wuhan people were attacked and insulted in other cities because they are Wuhan people, and we counted times day by day, and i read books to let me peace after cooking 3 meals every day, till to this week, Wuhan enterprises re-started works, and i also have tried to adjust mood to re-fit......

Meanwhile i also heared that the situation of the USA is not good gradually, and i sincerely do hope you and your family all good, i completely understand how hard to though all of this, but spring always will be back after winter, please must be take care.

And we are going to send some free surgical masks to our oversea partners, here could we have your shipping address again? I will send 20 pcs to you later when FedEx re-start wrok next week.

With my best regards.

Nina Wang

Create Tool - Tooholder Expert
    702#,15 Building,3th block,Golden Harbor,Economical & Development Zone,Wuhan,Hubei Province
    D:0086-1369-732-5571
    F:0086-27-84823-2662
    Email:[email protected] Create Tool - Toolholder expert ---- QCTP toolpost | CNC tool holder

------------------ Original ------------------

Date: Tue, Feb 11, 2020 12:43 PM

To: "nina"<[email protected]>;

Subject: From: Forrest Addy Bremerton WA USA

You may remember me from our mail exchanges in July, 2014.
    The corona virus epidemic is anxious news here in the US and the reports I've seen suggests it originated in Wuhan. Forty thousand Chinese are reported afflicted and a thousand dead. We have had a few cases here in the US and so far two fatalities. Disease epidemics spread exponentially are very difficult to control without heroic public health measures and personal sacrifice and hardship.
    I hope you, your family, and co-workers - and your great nation - emerge from the threat to continue life well and hearty.

Forrest Addy"

The Chinese shipping masks to us person to person? Words fail me.

From this I conclude the Covid19 pandemic is verified at the grass roots level. And that heroic self isolation works.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Falling off motorcycles and moving to China could be your only viable option?

Either way?

Areddy got one covered and I ain't moving to China

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good link on the two types of SARS-COV-2 testing. The clip following it on ventilation is also useful.

YouTube; Immunity

9. Likes michiganbuck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Forrest, thank you for posting that insight into the struggles they faced there in China.

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    What about when it gets going in Africa ?

Mmm, no. 30,000 or maybe 35,000 would be a good bet, enough risk on each side, but not 80. I'm too chicken for that

Okay, I'll go 35 ... what the heck. $3 ? Midnight Wednesday ?

Can't believe that it looks like Italy may eventually get to 80 tho. That place has been hit hard
    53k so far on wordometer, 9k today so far and I'd be surprised if todays final number is below 13k.
    57k on wednesday morning and 18k to finish it off on wednesday, 75K when wednesday counting is finished

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Hoffman View Post
    If the pandemic hangs around that long it's possible that, given the age of the candidates and most of PM, all will have succumbed to the virus and none will be around to run or vote when the time comes. Brave new world indeed.

That would be something. Both DJT and Joe Biden catching the disease and succumbing. Leaving it to conventions (or the electoral college) to draft someone.

And I can hear it now. "Well, clearly the situation calls for an experienced, steady hand..." - Hilary Clinton

Shes baaaaaaack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The reporting from NY is grim.
    Cuomo essentially begging for aid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Commentary on the reasons why Germany's death rate is so low.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...b51_story.html

Oh, you mean a logical scientific approach to disease mitigation?

wow

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Besides.., if DJT hated the American people as thoroughly and consistently as suicidally insane Pelosi or Schumer?
    When did you decide that presenting yourself as a five-year-old was a good strategy?

16. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    As I said, trumpski was a racist 30 years before corona virus
    Mm I can’t remember the last time before this that you pointed out this belief you have. I must say that you do this so often they all run together and it really feels like you have been saying that for a long time. Yes it feels like thirty years you have been saying that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bosleyjr View Post
    Nonsense. I'm the very model of a decent, compassionate man. It's the people who disagree with me that are the vicious ones.
    As a Cardinal in Bos' new Church, I can confirm that the man is a polygon of virtue.

[Psst. - I can be a Cardinal, right?]

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Mm I can’t remember the last time before this that you pointed out this belief you have. I must say that you do this so often they all run together and it really feels like you have been saying that for a long time. Yes it feels like thirty years you have been saying that.
    i had little interest in him 30 years ago, but he was a racist 45 years ago, when he was forced into a consent decree for not allowing minorities to even apply to rent in his buildings. His countersuit[surprise] was dismissed for lack of merit.

before Central Park jogger case
    before Obama birther crap
    before murders and rapists

So, yeah,I was wrong, 45 years

20. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Hoffman View Post
    I can just see it - with all the oldies dead or incapacitated, a "Lord of the Flies"-like situation occurs where a dominant 15yo ascends to the Presidency. So an ignorant, self centered, violently manipulative bully with a supercharged ego is running the country.

I.E. pretty much like today...

22. Likes Trueturning, JoeE., janvanruth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trboatworks View Post
    Forrest, thank you for posting that insight into the struggles they faced there in China.
    I second that. It was uplifting to read about fellow humans being concerned about one another.

24. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    When did you decide that presenting yourself as a five-year-old was a good strategy?
    Wudda been age three, 1948.

Not having as much granite between the ears as a Cowhampshireman, I didn't STAY at that level, though.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    I can just see it - with all the oldies dead or incapacitated, a "Lord of the Flies"-like situation occurs where a dominant 15yo ascends to the Presidency. So an ignorant, self centered, violently manipulative bully with a supercharged ego is running the country.

I.E. pretty much like today...
    If Cowhampshire is that f**ked-up these days, maybe you should try yer luck in the Kalifornikyah SSR?