Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Yeah, and of course they don't count, cause it is all their fault after all

Lessee, 82 million Americans with pre existing conditions

no biggee

25 million with ashma...10 million immunocompromised

but it doesn't affect you so it isn't important

selfishness personified

I don't know if all the measures are necessary, but the one thing I do I know, and you prove it every day, is that you are not qualified to judge either

2. Likes SIP6A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Ha. I had a '64 Corvair -- and survived !

you lightweight
    Later model Corvairs were actually pretty nice cars but they got killed off by Nader's career building campaign even though GM had already dealt with the issue in the second generation models.

The truth about the "Unsafe at Any Speed" Corvairs didn't come out until 1972, 3 years after production ended. That year Texas A&M University and the NHTSA concluded that the 1960–1963 Corvair presented no greater potential for loss of control than other contemporary competitors in extreme situations.

Ironically the USA would have been better served after the 1973 oil shock by cars like the Corvair instead of the horrible Pin-egas that were rushed into production.

One interesting thing to note is that as a rear engined car the Corvair required slightly different driving skills than the front engined ones people were used to, just as the transition to front drive vehicles required slightly different driving skills.

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwmachine View Post
    This is seriously impressive Scott- finding actual fact based information that corresponds to commonly held scientific belief on DailyMail is almost unheard of!
    I was about to scold Scott on linking anything from Daily Mail but for some miraculous reason this time the article was reasonably close to truth.
    Daily Mail is like fantasy fairytale version of Fox News. The Sun and Daily-anything are more fiction than Fox news and Infowars married with Disney tales.

5. Likes Screwmachine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    *yawn* It isn't that Kalifornikya looter-lie-bore-alls CAN'T do math. It's that you refuse to use applicable numbers to do it with!

Another election is coming. Make all the pink-noise and smoke-screen distractions you can invent.

We'll see in due course if it works any better for yah, this go than last.
    Surely you aren't suggesting that coronavirus is impeachment version 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    A study of 355 people.

Half the number that died Monday night in Italy alone. Hardly a representative case study.

Edit: I rescind my comment about the Daily Mail, as the study was actually by the Italian NIH.
    Which I KNEW before I posted it since a certain segment on PM only believes information that comes from government and NGOs. I keep posting information from such sources and the same crowd always commences their scurrilous personal attacks accusing me of using "fringe" sources.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But don't forget, Pete .... during those years Corvairs roamed our asphalt, seeking out victims. And during the later years, the Pinto !

It was a truly dangerous time to be driving ...

I do remember a study that claimed it would have been cheaper and more effective to give every Vietnamese over 16 a Cadillac, and let them take themselves out.

That's the part I find stunning. I can understand the difficulties with figuring out what to do with an entire halted economy. But simple stuff like giving people directions about what to do, and maybe checking their temperatures, putting their names in a database with the flight number in case one passenger comes down with it ? everyone involved thought they said 'trains', and ran down to the station ?
    What century are you living in? The flight manifests are all computerized and the data is accessible by Customs, etc. if need be so what you are criticizing the U.S. for not doing is exactly what has been standard practice for years. And unlike China, where they make a great show of intrusively scanning passengers with handheld devices, infrared camera screening during security checks is trivial. We use far less labor intensive methods such as scanners for luggage and only hand search when suspicions are raised.

As I've said before, we are not China and thank God and our traditions of individual liberty for that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Damn that Trump! The shortage of masks and other supplies is all his fault.

Los Angeles Times and Bloomberg News: Federal stockpile of N95 masks was depleted under Obama and never restocked
    And how long has Trumpski been in office? Did someone just get around to mentioning the shortage to him last week? And where is my drive thru CV testing site, called the local cvs yesterday and they had no idea what I was talking about. I think they are going to try saving the homeless in cali, while the heartland dies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Damn that Trump! The shortage of masks and other supplies is all his fault.

Los Angeles Times and Bloomberg News: Federal stockpile of N95 masks was depleted under Obama and never restocked
    Scottl - please stop confusing me with the facts! Of course old age and preexisting conditions have nothing to do with this!

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What century are you living in? The flight manifests are all computerized and the data is accessible by Customs, etc.
    Sure. Now demonstrate that the people running virus control can quickly and easily access that.

Health and Human Services can't even find their own exercises from three years ago. The head guy goes, "Yeah, we saved that ! ummm, somewhere. There's this guy, I think his name was Charley something ? Or was it Bruce ? Anyway, I know we have it. Somewhere. Somewhere in the northwest, yeah, that's it !"

Seriously.

People running virus control ? Am I dreaming or something ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miranda View Post
    Scottl - please stop confusing me with the facts! Of course old age and preexisting conditions have nothing to do with this!
    And certainly old age and preexisting conditions had nothing to do with the 12,469 deaths that occurred from H1N1 flu in 2009. According to the CDC there were a total of total of 2,125 laboratory-confirmed, influenza-associated deaths that season.

Update: Influenza Activity --- United States, 2009--10 Season

See the discrepancy? Over 12,000 deaths from "H1N1" but only 2,125 laboratory-confirmed from ALL types of flu.

During the current coronavirus "pandemic" we are told about all the deaths from it, only a small percentage laboratory confirmed, the rest "presumptive".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Surely you aren't suggesting that coronavirus is impeachment version 2.0?
    Unemployment LOWER THAN EVER!!!!

Best stock market EVER, economy is GREAT!!!!

Best testing efforts EVER, we have the BEST.

Trump recession here it comes. Maybe trump depression.

14. Likes dalmatiangirl61, SIP6A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sure. Now demonstrate that the people running virus control can quickly and easily access that.

Health and Human Services can't even find their own exercises from three years ago. The head guy goes, "Yeah, we saved that ! ummm, somewhere. There's this guy, I think his name was Charley something ? Or was it Bruce ? Anyway, I know we have it. Somewhere. Somewhere in the northwest, yeah, that's it !"

Seriously.

People running virus control ? Am I dreaming or something ?
    We are not China, and don't want to be. In the U.S. you find a problem and then seek the data. With electronic communication the data can be accessed in minutes but the private sector maintains the data, not the government. As someone who expresses admiration for China's five-man thug squads kidnapping people off the street who MAY have been exposed you could not understand the American way. This is the same China that brutally enforced it's one child policy, kidnapping pregnant mothers and taking them for forced abortions.

chinese_flu_racism_meme.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And certainly old age and preexisting conditions had nothing to do with the 12,469 deaths that occurred from H1N1 flu in 2009. According to the CDC there were a total of total of 2,125 laboratory-confirmed, influenza-associated deaths that season.

Update: Influenza Activity --- United States, 2009--10 Season

See the discrepancy? Over 12,000 deaths from "H1N1" but only 2,125 laboratory-confirmed from ALL types of flu.

During the current coronavirus "pandemic" we are told about all the deaths from it, only a small percentage laboratory confirmed, the rest "presumptive".
    Dagnabit Scottl … stop it with all these annoying facts already! Unemployment was NOT down - and the economy was NOT screaming - and the stock market was NOT on the verge of 30,000! WAS NOT WAS NOT WAS NOT!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree I'm happy with the USA and I don't blame Trump for the virus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miranda View Post
    Dagnabit Scottl … stop it with all these annoying facts already! Unemployment was NOT down - and the economy was NOT screaming - and the stock market was NOT on the verge of 30,000! WAS NOT WAS NOT WAS NOT!
    And some of the leading Dems are NOT saying "This will change America".

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    ill see that and raise you a Fiat
    Raise it higher, I had Renault Fuego, that was a trip...ok sometimes it overheated so there was a trip interrupted.

dee
    ;-D

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maryland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Agree I'm happy with the USA and I don't blame Trump for the virus.
    I blame Trump for Trump. And his family for breeding incompetence. The virus was about the happen regardless. This has nothing to do with happiness with the country, I am still happy with it. But the country needs competent leadership.

dee
    ;-D

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

had an ace up your sleeve,eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    ill see that and raise you a Fiat
    I'll see your Fiat and raise you a BMW Isetta (3 wheeler)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    I blame Trump for Trump. And his family for breeding incompetence. The virus was about the happen regardless. This has nothing to do with happiness with the country, I am still happy with it. But the country needs competent leadership.

dee
    ;-D
    Cut the posturing! You and the other Trump haters have been attacking everything he did from the moment he announced his candidacy. If he personally discovered a free cure for all types of cancers you'd ask why he didn't do it last year.

Your kind doesn't fool us a bit. You want your old world back where "toothless, inbred deplorables" had no say and you despise populism precisely because it's about the people rather than the privileged few.

All of you see this coronavirus as a chance to destroy his reelection chances and return to "business as usual" and you don't give a shit for all the "little people" who get crushed in the process.

24. Likes shpxnvz liked this post