Close
Login to Your Account
Page 71 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    It would be much more efficient to spend it on people you know near you that are in need.
    I thought of that also, not sure if there is a tax consequence?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post

I've just onpassed my stock of masks, a box of cleaning goods, and keyed-up a spend with my "support team" at a time their families (with kids I have not..) and biznesses are challenged.

Suggest you/I/we "support our LOCAL..." (whatever). DIRECTLY. If not family and/or contract folks you rely on regular-like, then good neighbours, Rescue Squad, Fire Services, Police, Health Care .. first-responders in general as they are described.

But DO NOT.. send anything BACK to the Hooverment.

From prior experence, they just lose it or waste it, aren't even worth a damn at recording that it ever CAME back, so it will NOT ordinarily reach others in need.
    Already passed excess N95 masks to the EMS, they were grateful. Still in the Volunteer Fire Dept., so that is covered.
    If no tax consequences for keeping the "check" and passing it on I will keep your thoughts in mind on where it will do the most good.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Earlier I mentioned that the spread factors and need for sanitizing were not adding up. Just heard that a mother giving birth and nursing her child is not real likely to pass on corona virus. WHAT!!!!?!
    Maybe immunity is passed on to the baby or what?
    There is no virus in the blood. The only thing detected in blood are the antibodies. So a pregnant mother would not be expected to pass it on, the infection is a respiratory disease.

A virus is not a "being". It's not a cell. It's a blueprint. It attaches to a cell, attacks it, and replicates itself to do the same to adjacent cells. So it creates an inflammation in the respiratory system that the body has to fight. Often the immune system, missing the correct antibodies, goes into overdrive- attacking with everything it has, and it's the immune system itself that does the most damage.

So right now I am still thinking it is spread through the air more than surfaces, but I could be wrong. Waiting for more research. Will clean till then but not furiously with corrosive and deadly cleaners. I think healthy lungs are more resistant for now.
    You are not wrong. It's spread through droplets. If you are a health care provider and you are intubating a patient, it can generate very fine droplets that stay airborne for a short time. But in normal everyday contacts, it doesn't transfer that way. Close contact- a cough or sneeze from an infected person- that's really how it transfers.

There are 5 orifices through which you can get the virus. Your eyes, your nostrils, and your mouth. And the virus can remain viable for relatively short periods on hard surfaces. That's why all the hand washing. But it can't last very long without a host.

4. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So right now I am still thinking it is spread through the air more than surfaces, but I could be wrong. Waiting for more research. Will clean till then but not furiously with corrosive and deadly cleaners. I think healthy lungs are more resistant for now.
    I think it spreads through the air definitely. If standard cold virus does, this nasty one does for sure. Which is why its essential everyone wears mask, like they do in Asia. But, here since we don't have enough masks, they tell you not to wear it unless you are sick. Its disaster.

6. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought of that also, not sure if there is a tax consequence?
    Don't over-complicate an emergency situation with trivia.

Comes tough times having beans to eat matter.

Beans to be COUNTED on a spreadsheet or tax form? Much less so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would think worst case would be giving birth prior to exhibiting symptoms, thus not taking proper precautions

Oddly the very young do not seem overly affected

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Stick with what you've already done. They are bound to be too busy for elective surgery.

Danmark isn't likely to discriminate against senile old wimmmin' with vestigial male plumbing anyway, so you can pick one or the other later with a mere box-tick on a census form and avoid the knife altogether.

Doncha just love enlightened Danish Health Care?
    Couldn't resist, could you? For some moronic reason you seem to think being an idiot with Denmark is hurting me. There are other Danish PM members and Thank God, not all American PM members are like you.

I'm sure you're corona safe as I can't imagine anyone even wanting to be near you.

10. Likes janvanruth, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just back from my 5 mile hike, abut 1-hr 40-min.
    Janie is such a health nut that now with the gym closed we go for walks.
    Hope I did not get beat up here.
    Any attempt to stay healthy and live longer should be avoided because the world population is high.

Shame on me , I will keep trying.

12. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    ...and of course, the Democrats are now lining it up so it's more profitable for the average Joe NOT to work...
    Yep what does it really matter if it is for something positive for people and the economy? Perhaps they would take that money and decide what special interest wants to have it. Projecting that people would not work can be said of most young workers and also many older ones anyway if they draw unemployment so the reasoning now could be eliminate unemployment across the board because people on it do not want to work.

Remember these are voters and law abiding citizens Graham is dissing. Takes all kinds to make a world my mentor always said and he timed the saying to be very funny.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    I would think worst case would be giving birth prior to exhibiting symptoms, thus not taking proper precautions

Oddly the very young do not seem overly affected
    It's worst for those that already aren't healthy and that's why elderly are at the highest risk. When there's an influenza epidemic think about who doesn't make it. In that sense the two diseases are similar. More than 50% of those that have died here were very seriously ill already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    It's worst for those that already aren't healthy and that's why elderly are at the highest risk. When there's an influenza epidemic think about who doesn't make it. In that sense the two diseases are similar. More than 50% of those that have died here were very seriously ill already.
    I think the very young are usually more heavily affected, but I could be wrong

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Please don't make this political. The coronavirus doesn't give a f*ck if you are left or right, what race or religion you are. Not sure how things are elsewhere but here more males are "catching" it than females and the riskiest age group seems to be 60+.

I don't think getting a sex change will help.
    The thread is what it is and besides that bridge has been crossed a long time ago. Are you moderating now?

17. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm sure you're corona safe as I can't imagine anyone even wanting to be near you.

Close. Bugs that bite me just die.

Pernicious fools? Those I have to simply outlive.

Or die first and leave them empty handed?

Wotever...

"Your torment, if you choose to accept it.." Is arriving in Hell and discovering you have no internet connection to support your habit of deviling the PM Community.

I'm good with that. International Telco guy.

I've already got "nailed up" private wire installed in several corners of Hell.

Beat yer fart out...

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeetek View Post
    I think it spreads through the air definitely. If standard cold virus does, this nasty one does for sure. Which is why its essential everyone wears mask, like they do in Asia. But, here since we don't have enough masks, they tell you not to wear it unless you are sick. Its disaster.
    There have been several studies on the efficacy of masks for preventing infection. Results not very good, that's why I used to laugh at the people around here who rush to mask up. Too many leaks. But they do help keep the outgoing air from an infected person from spreading so widely, so general pop wearing them is good.

Hospital people are in it up to their necks, so masks probably help them some. But judging from the figures, not that much. Mentally, I am sure it does.

Maybe the cheap masks on everyone is more helful than the good ones on a few. Hard to prove though, no one is going to want to be part of that experiment

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Life style? I know a girl Jackie, who has been a street walker, Home break-in person,hooker, drug user and about every bad thin you might think of. Guess she is about 56 years old and the last time I saw her perhaps 8 years ago she still look pretty good, healthy. Her dad is my fishing buddy. Go figure.

Business is so bad the street walkers have a new sign..Free.
    I can make a joke about that because I know Jackie...she would think that funny.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Business is so bad the street walkers have a new sign..Free.
    Funny you would mention that but I have found street girls to be a leading indicator of economic activity There's always hoors around the expensive hotels in the evening ... when they start offering discounts and getting a little desperate (propositioning me is kinda desperate), bigshot business is bad and TR's charts will soon follow

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

And that is exactly the conclusion researchers around the world are coming to, which is that this is yet another of the flu-like illnesses that threaten the vulnerable every year and is front page news around the world because it being scrutinized to a degree none of the others are. Some of the links on this web page are worth following and reading. They give a more realistic appraisal than the hysterical "mainstream" media.

A Swiss Doctor on Covid-19 – Swiss Propaganda Research

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT Gordon: Couldn't resist, could you? For some moronic reason you seem to think being an idiot with Denmark is hurting me. There are other Danish PM members and Thank God, not all American PM members are like you.

Likely there are a few dopes in Denmark. and some dopey Democrats and Republicans.

Most anyone who dose not love a surface grinder is not very bright.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Some of the links on this web page are worth following and reading. They give a more realistic appraisal than the hysterical "mainstream" media.
    They undercut their own argument when they say "South Korea, for instance, has experienced a much milder course than Italy"

Yeah. South Korea locked the place up tighter than a drum immediately, and if it weren't for one group of freak Christians their numbers would be even better.

So his own examples negate his conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck
    Most anyone who dose not love a surface grinder is not very bright.
    Do Arters count ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is an English version of the Italian study on comorbidities ("underlying conditions") diagnosed before COVID-2019 infection in COVID-19 positive deceased patients. This is where the figures in the Bloomberg article came from such as 48.6 percent with three or more preexisting conditions.

https://www.epicentro.iss.it/coronav..._marzo_eng.pdf

italian_comorbidities.jpg

As for the U.S., here is the current U.S. Health Weather Map showing trends for flu-like illnesses. We are in a decreasing trend for most of the nation as should be expected once past the Spring Equinox.

US Health Weather Map by Kinsa