Corona virus affecting your business ? Over reaction? - Page 74
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 74 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Northern Indiana is now closed for business.
    The trailer industry finally gave up today.

I delivered parts to my chum last night and as far as he knew at that time - they were rolling.
    I told him that _ that kan't last long....

Text came through a cpl hours ago that said that the industry is now shut down through April and he laid all his people off today.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    I used to love an Arter, oh the good old days..

Likely home alone with a SG or an Arter one would not catch a virus..

Wow, there is the cure.
    Keep this on the Qt and I will start the patent.
    I used to work a " Heald " ring grinder. Very similar to an " Arter " . One of the big ones with a 30" magnetic chuck. We used a lot of coolant on the job and obviously it was easy to breathe in the mist. By the end of the day my chest was telling me it wasn't enjoying the experience !

Luckily it wasn't my full time job, just a now and again thing.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For a short time we had a #3 centerless set up in the original shop - which is a 1 truck garage.
    OH THE MIST!
    UGH!

Soon moved to the "new" shop @ 5000' and a whole new experience!

---------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Just to look back on this as in the next hour or so we will pass China in real current terms in a matter of hours WRT cases. Take another 10 days or so to equal them in deaths.

Still we did it much faster than they did, took them more than 60- days to go from 100 to 80000, we did it in about 24 days
    This is probably one of the times you don't like being right but the USA now has the most registered cases of the coronavirus than any other country.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like now 83,671 cases and 1,209 deaths in the USA so what percentage is that?

United States Coronavirus: 83,672 Cases and 1,209 Deaths - Worldometer

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like now 83,671 USA cases and 1,209 deaths in the USA so what percentage is that?

United States Coronavirus: 83,672 Cases and 1,209 Deaths - Worldometer

Japan deaths still very low
    2020 coronavirus pandemic in Japan - Wikipedia

This site updated every day
    2019–20 coronavirus pandemic by country and territory - Wikipedia
    Last edited by michiganbuck; 03-27-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like a cruise ship is returning to Florida with infected passengers and crew.

Cruise ship with 42 sick passengers and crew headed to Florida | TheHill

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

New Hampshire's Gov has issued a "Stay at home" order. Good thing this is all just a hoax, so I can safely ignore the command.

/S

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like now 83,671 cases and 1,209 deaths in the USA so what percentage is that?
    By my math 1.445 %

10. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    So I have a question which I think is logical .... why do all these graphs and charts insist on "3 months of x, y or z" ? And some showing up to a year ?

p.s. damn, both Italy and the US are going to pass us by tomorrow night. Even Spain has a good chance. That kinda sucks
    If we get test kits that rapidly identify infected people, then the social isolation an shelter-in-place can have the desired result.

Our big f-up was to allow the CDC to have a monopoly on the tests. When they screwed the pooch (or were led to screw the pooch by false cultures - who knows) then we were f'ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, on the good side I talked to my son today. His company furloughed him, so he will have health insurance for a while. Also good: I got in a 16 mile ride on my bike (bicycle, not a dinosaur burner)

On the bad side, the analyses look grim. The experts have known for a while that we were vulnerable. Nothing was done. And we were willing to trust the government with a monopoly on the tests. Interesting analysis here.

On the personal bad side, my colleagues' daughter, a nurse in Portland, has a fever and cough. In quarantine. Her Mom is one of my favorite people - I can't imagine the daughter being any less the wonderful. And brave: she's been giving care to a floor where half the patients have Covid.

In Louisiana, the consequence of the "laisse le bon temps roule" approach to virus management seems to be having the predictable effect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bosleyjr View Post
    If we get test kits that rapidly identify infected people, then the social isolation an shelter-in-place can have the desired result.

Our big f-up was to allow the CDC to have a monopoly on the tests. When they screwed the pooch (or were led to screw the pooch by false cultures - who knows) then we were f'ed.
    There'll need to be an investigation after this wave is over to figure out how we got it so wrong, even with advance knowledge of the problems. Were the department leaders actual experts in their fields, or political hacks? Why the NIH (Not Invented Here, not National Institutes of Health) on the test kits?

I don't want to string up the varmints (well, I do, but need to control myself), but just gather lessons so we don't get into this mess again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The NHS and public health agencies in the UK are so retarded they DOWNGRADED COVID-19. They say right on their website, "As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK." These people must be the most stupid jackasses on the planet. If they were smart enough to watch TV they'd see what's happening. It's outrageous.

Link: High consequence infectious diseases (HCID) - GOV.UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    The NHS and public health agencies in the UK are so retarded they DOWNGRADED COVID-19. They say right on their website, "As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious diseases (HCID) in the UK." These people must be the most stupid jackasses on the planet. If they were smart enough to watch TV they'd see what's happening. It's outrageous.

Link: High consequence infectious diseases (HCID) - GOV.UK
    Wow. I haven't much else to say...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check this shit out. Every country in Europe (except Italy) is obviously LYING about their mortality statistics. Just look at the graphs. It shows that mortality rates were higher across Europe back in the winter of 2016-17 and in 2017-18 than now. What a joke--they didn't talk about a crisis on TV back then, so these statistics must be fake. I'm about to lose it. These fucking people need to watch more TV and get a grip on reality!!1!

Link: EURO MOMO - outputs - zscore total

17. Likes Demon73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    By my math 1.445 %
    The thing is, the death graph lags the diagnosed graph by some amount of days.

And both are increasing quickly. VERY quickly. Yesterday there was 247 deaths (US).

Today, between 3:30 and 7:30p (my time), just 4 hours, deaths increased from 1136 to 1288.

Looks like about a 20% increase per day(both deaths and new cases). If this trend holds, next Thursday, over 1000
    people will die, and the total will be about 6000.

Stretch that out to 2 weeks from today, and its another 16k+ dead for a total of 22k.

Take it out another week to april 16th. Almost 14k a day dying, and another 60k dead for a total of 82k.

One more week to the 23rd. And it gets really depressing. another 200k dead, and almost 50k a day dying.

This exponential growth thing is a bitch.

Somebody had posted this earlier on here, but I found it to be quite interesting. From a math perspective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    There'll need to be an investigation after this wave is over to figure out how we got it so wrong,
    No. We don't. The popular vote loser had fired all the smart people because they disagreed with him.
    They still disagree with him. Expect more smart people being thrown overboard in the immediate future.
    Result of investigation: country being run by a moron.

20. Likes Hodge, Milland, dcsipo, janvanruth, Greg White and 1 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One has to count cases compared to population of a country..I did that early in the week and the USA was very low..I think it still is low.
    I don't think you want to do that, buck.

Coronavirus Update (Live): 532,224 Cases and 24,087 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Other comments on "we need to look at the data" are also mistaken. The data is always way behind. It's already twice as bad as you can see.

That explains why the "we'll wait until we have more evidence" is so insidious in an epidemic. By the time you think you're at x, the virus is at y. X is where it was five or ten days ago ....

Quote Originally Posted by dcsipo View Post
    Boxing was not the intent.
    Artifact of google spying, your video when closed shows what they think you will want to see next (aka what subjects will keep you online so they can pour more ads through your connection.)

Which I could have misinterpreted but that's what it does here ...

Am I incorrect, you have no interest in boxing ? The algorithm may be smarter than I thought, inserting what I might want to see into your link ....

Let's slink off to the corner of the room where the telescreen can't watch us, to discuss ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Europe is on a ROLL today. More insane stuff from the UK--the scientist who predicted 500,000 UK deaths from COVID-19 now says the UK total will be less than 20,000. Must be another conspiracy theorist nutjob. How can we stop fake news like this from being spread?

Link: The Scientist Whose Doomsday Pandemic Model Predicted Armageddon Just Walked Back The Apocalyptic Predictions

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    Europe is on a ROLL today. More insane stuff from the UK--the scientist who predicted 500,000 UK deaths from COVID-19 now says the UK total will be less than 20,000. Must be another conspiracy theorist nutjob.
    Very stupid article, unlinked because I don't like spreading bullshit, filled with supposition, twisted language, a few lies - overall, crap.

To counter that shit, look at the NUMBERS from Italy, South Korea, Iran, Spain, France, etc.

Draw yor own conclusions instead of slurping at the trough.