Login to Your Account
Page 78 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Straightedge View Post
    Gustafson and Scottl--
    How about you two make a bet of $1000 on some verifiable outcome and make this interesting? Daily deaths on April 15 above or below X would be an obvious one.
    I don't gamble, except for buying an occasional raffle ticket. This dates back to early teens after I saw a few personal bets turn ugly, in one case nearly resulting in a knifing when a bet loser was angry the winner wouldn't give him "another chance to get even".

I've never regretted that lifestyle choice, having also over the years seen some workplace bets result in serious animosity between coworkers.

Besides, why on earth would I ever get close enough to such a rabid "winger" to exchange funds? That type is notorious for "doxing" and trying to encourage the more unhinged members on "social media" to inflict violence on those they brand "fascists" because we do not share their views. Even Chuck Schumer had an angry threatening mob outside his house over the "Dreamer" issue. Had he not been a U.S. Senator things could have been much worse. Fox's Tucker Carlson had his home attacked by a mob that got so violent they cracked his front door. Only his wife was home at the time and she locked herself in an inner room and called 911.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.48befadfd171

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Hey EG do you like the puppies that are called Frenchies?
    Had to look, you mean French Bulldogs ? They are cute but I had a Boston, more active ... but .... sister in law got a designer dog, ridiculous price but it's 3/4 french bulldog and 1/4 boston. That dog is too funny, talks all the time -- grwor growr woof woof grumble grumble grumble, even talks in his sleep

Yeah, for an indoor dog they are pretty cool. Bostons are hard to beat too. Little bastards have no sense ... I had a customer with pit bulls, my boston would try to play with them, leap up and hang off their ears, jesus, stop that, dumbo ! Those guys can crunch you in half with one bite !

Yeah, puppies are cool. TR, where's my damn puppy ! And no, I want a pet one, not an eating one, not going to the farmer's market

3. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Like actually washing their hands after taking a dump at a public restroom? Do You Really Need to Wash Hands After Every Bathroom Trip? Here's The Science

Sigh. Buck, what fake news? Is that news that you don't like?
    Exactly. The First Amendment protects expression of opinion and leaves it up to the reader to decide who's right and who's wrong. The only unprotected case is deliberate falsehoods stated with the purpose of obtaining money that would otherwise be withheld. That is called fraud and it is a crime most everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Yes, that's your strategy. Your "everyone had 2-months notice" lie was very creative.
    The first reports from China came on December 31st of last year. First confirmed case in the USA on January 20th. Yeah, you're the one lying or ill-informed. How shocking...

A Timeline of the Coronavirus Pandemic - The New York Times

The WHO is great. I'm sure the nations of the world appreciate the assurances from the WHO and China in late January that there was no evidence of human transmission....
    China spent two weeks or so downplaying the reports, but it was pretty quick to abandon that when it became untenable. Not like Trump, who spent months denying the problem, until it blew up in his face. As to the WHO, they were doing their role and releasing information as they could get it, until they had their own observers on the ground.

And who would the rest of the world want as their medical data source. Dear Leader, or medical professions. Your ass-licking of Trump isn't healthy. I hope you wash that thing before eating.

Keep spewing your propaganda. Can you keep up with the death toll? You are trying real hard, but I don't think so...
    Do you and Scott share the same handler? Or is it the generic Right-Wing nutcase bit of accuse others of what you're doing? Don't bother answering, you're not credible anyway.

6. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is beyond foolish. The WHO offered test protocols (developed in Germany) to the world (and the US) on January 17th.
    The Germans were on it. Yes, the WHO published the protocol on Jan 17- while at the same time claiming there was no human transmission of the virus.

That same day- January 17- is the day that Trump placed the first travel restrictions on people who had traveled to the affected area.

Even though by that time, it had already been seeded all over the world. I don't really expect administrative people to know the risks, but they didn't need to parrot the official China line for so long, especially when there were confirmed cases outside China.

The scientists from the WHO didn't get to China until Feb 16.

You can try to make this about Trump- answer me this- if the threat was so obvious to everyone, why didn't Europe take action?

8. Likes Scottl, shpxnvz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Wow M I am glad you now admit the the POTUS Was elected. That is progress.

Really for those disposed to hating him and have had their mental health teetering on the edge of the abyss therefore this is great it is like taking three steps away from that edge to safety.
    I'd suggest you try posting before getting drunk, not after.

10. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Early part ? Still did that in the 1950's that I know of. Got measles, mumps and chicken pox that way, didn't die.
    That we know of. You could be Zombie EG, a white walker haunting the gear fabs where he used to work.

But ... umm ... you support vaccinations ? that's all those were. Exact same principle.
    Hell yes I support vaccinations and other attempts to control outbreaks like what we're going through now. But I fully support those that don't want them, and invite them to congregate well away from the rest of us and try their experiments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd suggest you try posting before getting drunk, not after.
    Perhaps take your own advice?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...China spent two weeks or so downplaying the reports, but it was pretty quick to abandon that when it became untenable. Not like Trump, who spent months denying the problem, until it blew up in his face. As to the WHO, they were doing their role and releasing information as they could get it, until they had their own observers on the ground.

And who would the rest of the world want as their medical data source. Dear Leader, or medical professions. Your ass-licking of Trump isn't healthy. I hope you wash that thing before eating.

Do you and Scott share the same handler? Or is it the generic Right-Wing nutcase bit of accuse others of what you're doing? Don't bother answering, you're not credible anyway.
    Wow. Just wow. I know you have it bad Milland, but wow. You should try to find some balance in your life.

Trump spent months denying the problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    As usual, I still see:

NO LINKS

NO SOURCES

NO FACTS

Just anecdotal stories of "I saw this" or "I read this".

And as for that website that is being used by many officials including governors and mayors as a guide for when to "lock it all down", a site promoting inflated predictions started by Democrat activists is as close to a smoking gun as can be found that this is a political campaign to take down Trump by taking down the economy. I'm re-posting the links so they don't get missed among all the Gorilla Dust being thrown up by "the usual suspects".

Coronavirus Act Now

Inaccurate Virus Models Are Panicking Officials Into Ill-advised Lockdowns

Sunlight is the best disinfectant and that is as true for political viruses as it is for organic ones.

PS: Remember modeler/mathematician/author Tomas Pueyo, mentioned earlier? He's part of the covidactnow project.
    Must be the one that idiot Gavin Newsome used to claim over 25 million will get Corona-virus in California. In my local news the panicking losers that live around me are buying toilet paper at 33 times their normal rate. I just went to a chain store to get things I could not get at the area country markets. The check out clerk told me that over night they put out what is their normal weekly toilet paper shipment, it was gone in 5 hours by noon Sunday. The area I live in is full of panicking cowards, the people in the country are way worse than the city folk here in that regard. If 1-2 inches of snow is predicted they clean out all the eggs, milk and bread. You can imagine what they are doing now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ahh, so now Fauci is lying too. Got it.

Guess we better find a new batch of professional scientists, no one who currently works in the US Gov't can be trusted.

Here's a suggestion. Change your TV channel to C-Span, and actually watch to the daily briefings...
    We know Dear Leader is a confirmed and continual liar: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...t-three-years/ and his downplaying of CV-19 until the last week is well known.

Do you machine with the same "precision" as which you propagandize? Nothing but junk from your shop...

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can try to make this about Trump- answer me this- if the threat was so obvious to everyone, why didn't Europe take action?
    Europe isn't a country. Some countries reacted fast and others didn't. No two European countries are doing the same. Several, including Denmark have closed their borders.

In fact I believe it's the same in the USA. No two states are doing exactly the same. A big difference is I believe, that crossing state lines is still permissible?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post

"what you need to know" go jump on a brick, I'll decide what I need to know, thank you very much.
    "I'll decide when I'm done cooking", said the lobster in the pot.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For a while he didn't seem to regard it as a problem. His views and actions on that issue change constantly. To be fair he's far from the only person to change their mind.

Boris (the UK Prime Minister) has caught corona so being low people in high places doesn't help.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation Wake up Tradesmen

Yes, because the most responsible man in Washington would never try to pacify the Orange Baby so that he doesn't get fired. Nice credulity, Jancollc.

"The Federalist" A known bastion of level-headed and unbiased reportage.

The Federalist - Media Bias/Fact Check Woopsy, past "Right" and almost to "Extreme". Yeah, that suits your world view, doesn't it...
    Considering that this is a forum about machine trades and the like, what is most important and supported by a variety of experts and institutions is that this virus "lives" many times longer on metal and plastic surfaces than anything else. So, if those that handle cardboard boxes in the "essential supply chain" are at risk and receiving credit liken to the infantry, then we in the trades are expected to die like a B-17 waist or belly gunners just to keep the affluent from being financially affected. Tradesmen, get your final affairs in order!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Europe isn't a country. Some countries reacted fast and others didn't. No two European countries are doing the same. Several, including Denmark have closed their borders.

In fact I believe it's the same in the USA. No two states are doing exactly the same. A big difference is I believe, that crossing state lines is still permissible?
    So far but some are even talking about prohibiting interstate travel.

Although many do not like him and will disagree President Trump was 100% correct in leaving issues of shutdowns etc. to state and local officials. Even there, while our state Governor has ordered all non-essential businesses to close he has said he is not sure he has the authority to enforce it and asked cities and towns to do the enforcing by imposing fines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post

So far, but some are even talking about prohibiting interstate travel.

Although many do not like him and will disagree, President Trump was 100% correct in leaving issues of shutdowns etc. to state and local officials. Even there, while our state Governor has ordered all non-essential businesses to close he has said he is not sure he has the authority to enforce it and asked cities and towns to do the enforcing by imposing fines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow. Just wow. I know you have it bad Milland, but wow. You should try to find some balance in your life.
    There's nothing more critical right now that fighting the ignorance of the Right. That's you, butter-brain.

Opinion | A Complete List of Trump’s Attempts to Play Down Coronavirus - The New York Times

You've been taking "imbecile" lessons from Dear Leader. I must admit, at that you're non-pareil.

23. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"I'll decide when I'm done cooking", said the lobster in the pot.
    It is really good to to be back to having running water, chopping a hole in 2" of ice every morning is not fun.
    I bought some dried baked sea weed today for adding iodine to my diet..Janie tried it and said UCK...and it is expensive.
    Tastes like cod liver oil...

You know, this related to my theory of iodine body level and immune system function and avoiding the virus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Trump haters would chastise / impeach trump if he ordered a burger with no onions.
    Trump loves would care less if he torched the place.
    So, I agree get off politics.
    They probably already have. I have seen quite a few pictures showing him eating McDonalds and of course bad mouthing him for it. If the same people that rip on Trump for eating a Big Mac saw Obama eating one they would praise him for it, saying he is just like the common man and in touch with the people.