Close
Login to Your Account
Page 79 of 216 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    There's nothing more critical right now that fighting the ignorance of the Right. That's you, butter-brain.
    There's nothing more critical right now that fighting the ignorance of the Left. That's you, oh one who thinks differently.

Part of that difference is your tendency to hurl insults at the opposition, which is what the intolerant and immature do when contradicted. Not too different from a four year old calling someone a poopy head.

2. Likes Trueturning, Dualkit, Pathogen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    There's nothing more critical right now that fighting the ignorance of the Left. That's you, oh one who thinks differently.

Part of that difference is your tendency to hurl insults at the opposition, which is what the intolerant and immature do when contradicted. Not too different from a four year old calling someone a poopy head.
    That's stock in trade for liberals....they have nasty like no other. It's what you use when you have no argument.

4. Likes Dualkit liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Europe isn't a country. Some countries reacted fast and others didn't. No two European countries are doing the same. Several, including Denmark have closed their borders.
    And not one single European country moved quicker than the US to try to prevent infected people from coming in. That's "Step 1" in pandemic response. Slow the spread.

Not one. They were calling Trump's travel restrictions "useless". Until they were forced to close their own borders, then it became "critical".

EU, 265,000 cases 16,000 dead and counting...

I don't blame EU leaders or Trump. By the time people knew what was really happening it was already too late to stop it.

In fact I believe it's the same in the USA. No two states are doing exactly the same. A big difference is I believe, that crossing state lines is still permissible?
    States have been setting their own policies on the social distancing- that's not something the Federal Gov't has control over.

Yes, I can still get to my shop, which is on the other side of the State line. There is no movement other than the "esseential" traffic, the normally packed freeways are empty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    It is really good to to be back to having running water, chopping a hole in 2" of ice every morning is not fun.
    I bought some dried baked sea weed today for adding iodine to my diet..Janie tried it and said UCK...and it is expensive.
    Tastes like cod liver oil...
    Yeah, I bought some expensive Japanese seaweed a while back. Nothing I tried including rice vinegar could mask the taste. I've had spinach with vinegar in a Japanese restaurant and hoped it would be the same.

Here at the urban homestead we use a mix of iodized and sea salt (actually ancient sea salt mined from a salt bed). We have potassium Iodide tablets but those are for thyroid protection in case of radiation incidents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My favorite is non-US citizens who feel the need to weigh in on 'Trump'. As if their opinion matters. As if their voice matters. Yet they all love to do it. World citizens, they are.lol.

I have absolutely no opinion about the President of Guam, Portugal, Korea, or Monaco. I don't even know if they have a President. That's because it's not my business, not my country. If I did have an opinion, it wouldn't matter.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd suggest you try posting before getting drunk, not after.

If I were one such as you or that type I still would not be caught up in your type extreme dialog. To any reasonable person they know that when you glibly resort to statements such as

Milland;

“ And who would the rest of the world want as their medical data source. Dear Leader, or medical professions. Your ass-licking of Trump isn't healthy. I hope you wash that thing before eating.”

Seriously it is one thing to be extreme left wing and to be off kilter in the head. If yourself and any wanna be activist were having a drinking contest they might be taking a drink each time the Orange one was mentioned. Then everyone could just conclude that y’all are likely just problem drinkers rather than deluded ones.

Even becoming a dilettante would be a improvement than the world of make believe rhetoric you make and dish up.

Drink deep Milland deeeep I say. Mm look I say “The Orange One and Dear Leader now y’all can have two each like these....

9. Likes jancollc liked this post
    Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    My favorite is non-US citizens who feel the need to weigh in on 'Trump'. As if their opinion matters. As if their voice matters. Yet they all love to do it. World citizens, they are.lol.

I have absolutely no opinion about the President of Guam, Portugal, Korea, or Monaco. I don't even know if they have a President. That's because it's not my business, not my country. If I did have an opinion, it wouldn't matter.
    It could also be because you're admitting you know nothing abut what goes on in the world outside the USA. Worse yet, you don't care.

I'm also sure that history doesn't interest you either or you know that what other countries do affects other countries too.

You're certainly right in I don't like him and, unlike you, couldn't vote for him but what he does and doesn't do very much affects other countries so I most certainly do have a right to voice an opinion just as much as you have.

Korea is 2 countries. North and South. Your guy seems to love the ruler of the one - sometimes.

11. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Drink deep Milland deeeep I say. Mm look I say “The Orange One and Dear Leader now y’all can have two each like these....
    If you need to love a sociopath, have at it. But I have an aversion to them, especially when they're driving the country I love into the toilet.

Serious question: is English a second language for you?

13. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    what a sad admission.

15. Likes Ries, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That we know of. You could be Zombie EG, a white walker haunting the gear fabs where he used to work.
    That could be kind of cool ... but alas, I fear not

"I'll decide when I'm done cooking", said the lobster in the pot.
    Exactly. This lobster is not going to be lectured by a bunch of twelve-year-olds who won't even list their sources and whose every other word is a loaded adjective. Hell, I use enough of them to recognize a slanted description

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    And not one single European country moved quicker than the US to try to prevent infected people from coming in. That's "Step 1" in pandemic response. Slow the spread.
    Well, in fact ... what he did was stop people who did not have US passports or green cards ... after there were mortalities in the US, indicating that the virus was already here. Then since there weren't any tests, the people with US passports or green cards who had been on airplanes for twelve hours minimum with many other potential cases were asked to stay home. No tests, no tracking, just a request to stay home. I wasn't one of them but judging from many published descriptions, no directions concerning how the virus worked or how to isolate oneself properly. So they order a pizza, hand the $20 to the delivery guy, and off we go.

These wonderful "travel restrictions" ... imposed after the virus was already in the country, not followed up, no tracking, no testing ... yeah. Isolation theater, meaningless and obviously didn't do much good because go look at the numbers.

Nice try.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not one. They were calling Trump's travel restrictions "useless". Until they were forced to close their own borders, then it became "critical".

EU, 265,000 cases 16,000 dead and counting...

I don't blame EU leaders or Trump. By the time people knew what was really happening it was already too late to stop it.

States have been setting their own policies on the social distancing- that's not something the Federal Gov't has control over.

Yes, I can still get to my shop, which is on the other side of the State line. There is no movement other than the "esseential" traffic, the normally packed freeways are empty.
    Not easy to reply to. You believe your news and I believe mine.

If you go into this link showing flights to and from European countries then, compared to normal, there are very, very few.

Have you any idea as to how things are in the USA re state to state air trafic?

Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map

Flightradar24: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map

Worth a look:
    Coronavirus: What measures is each EU country taking?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not easy to reply to. You believe your news and I believe mine.

If you go into this link showing flights to and from European countries then, compared to normal, there are very, very few.
    Wow, that's brilliant Gordon. Way to ignore the question.

News flash! Global commerce and movement of people stops! Surprise development- fewer planes flying than before.

Trump responded sooner than any other western leader to protect his citizens. He was universally panned for it.

Only now, he's accused of "ignoring" it. That's some serious revisionist history there...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It could also be because you're admitting you know nothing abut what goes on in the world outside the USA. Worse yet, you don't care.

I'm also sure that history doesn't interest you either or you know that what other countries do affects other countries too.

You're certainly right in I don't like him and, unlike you, couldn't vote for him but what he does and doesn't do very much affects other countries so I most certainly do have a right to voice an opinion just as much as you have.

Korea is 2 countries. North and South. Your guy seems to love the ruler of the one - sometimes.
    “ It could also be because you're admitting you know nothing abut what goes on in the world outside the USA. Worse yet, you don't care.

I'm also sure that history doesn't interest you either or you know that what other countries do affects other countries too.”

“ Korea is 2 countries. North and South. Your guy seems to love the ruler of the one - sometimes.[/QUOTE]”

These are intentional degradations. Coming from a highborn gentleman as yourself it is in poor taste.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Compared to the choice of “the Sellout Witch” I thought it was a slick move.
    Uhh, yeah

always vote for the stupid one

just like always hire the stupid one who comes for the job interview,

what could go wrong?

21. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    Uhh, yeah

always vote for the stupid one

just like always hire the stupid one who comes for the job interview,

what could go wrong?
    I never heard you explain that before the election. I would have listened to your points with respect because in here you are the voice of moderation compared to many. I was not here to take part in the back and forth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow, that's brilliant Gordon. Way to ignore the question.

News flash! Global commerce and movement of people stops! Surprise development- fewer planes flying than before.

Trump responded sooner than any other western leader to protect his citizens. He was universally panned for it.

Only now, he's accused of "ignoring" it. That's some serious revisionist history there...
    Trump didn't take the virus seriously until the last week: Coronavirus: Trump Lied About Taking Pandemic Seriously

So more lies from the Righties. How shocking.

24. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If anyone would know about revisionist history ....

A Complete List of Trump’s Covid-19 Actions

Refute their points, with facts, please.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    ...Well, in fact ... what he did was stop people who did not have US passports or green cards ... after there were mortalities in the US, indicating that the virus was already here.
    More propaganda, what a shock.

First travel restrictions- January 17
    First ban- January 31

First US case identified- January 21
    First US death- February 29

One month later, 100K cases...

China's gift to the world, how will she be repaid?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

China's gift to the world, how will she be repaid?
    Republican destruction of the United States, how will they be repaid?

28. Likes SIP6A, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Refute their points, with facts, please.
    Been there, done that.

#ChinaLiedPeopleDied