Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 4311
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    First US case identified- January 21
    Oops, I am sorry for that. The first case had not died yet.

But you cannot negate his total lack of actions by highlighting my mistaken word. Sorry. It's on tape.

China's gift to the world, how will she be repaid?
    I may have mentioned this before - go fuck yourself.

But to answer the question, China will be repaid by enhanced prestige and better relations around the world for the way she handled this epidemic, cooperated with the rest of the world to stomp it out, donated equipment and supplies to other countries, contributed experience and knowledge, demonstrated an effective way to deal with it, actually corraled the virus and returned to a semblance of normal domestically all before the US could even admit there was a problem.

Not everyone is blind.

2. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Republican destruction of the United States, how will they be repaid?
    Yeah, we were at the verge of total collapse. Record markets, lowest ever unemployment, fastest wage growth in decades...

IMPEACH!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    I may have mentioned this before - go fuck yourself.
    No need, China has already fucked everyone.

#ChinaLiedPeopleDied

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    I have absolutely no opinion about the President of Guam, Portugal, Korea, or Monaco. I don't even know if they have a President. That's because it's not my business, not my country. If I did have an opinion, it wouldn't matter.
    Any opinions about our "President"?

ps: Here's our new guy come this fall (and his former Miss World wife):

6. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    ...But to answer the question, China will be repaid by enhanced prestige and better relations around the world for the way she handled this epidemic, cooperated with the rest of the world to stomp it out, donated equipment and supplies to other countries, contributed experience and knowledge, demonstrated an effective way to deal with it, actually corraled the virus and returned to a semblance of normal all before the US could even admit there was a problem.
    Lol, that's your best yet. We will all line up and pay tribute to China for saving the world!

Oh, thank you China for showing us the way!

Are you bipolar by chance?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post
    I base this strictly on the hotness of the wife, but I am very impressed with the new guy...

9. Likes Screwmachine liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Keeley View Post

ps: Here's our new guy come this fall (and his former Miss World wife):

I like Miss World I bet the man is a liberal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    It could also be because you're admitting you know nothing abut what goes on in the world outside the USA. Worse yet, you don't care.

I'm also sure that history doesn't interest you either or you know that what other countries do affects other countries too.

You're certainly right in I don't like him and, unlike you, couldn't vote for him but what he does and doesn't do very much affects other countries so I most certainly do have a right to voice an opinion just as much as you have.

Korea is 2 countries. North and South. Your guy seems to love the ruler of the one - sometimes.
    I enjoy history a great deal - I just recognize I am not part of the Roman Empire nor did I hold any sway in WWII. As for Korea, I'm well aware it it now two countries - though the average Korean would tell you it is one country that was split into two not long ago for all the wrong reasons and by all the wrong people. But you certainly are astute.

Now, then, if what the US does affects you - that's your problem. If you don't like it, well that's what you get for being born unto the wrong spot of spoil. Let's not overlook that as a non-thinker you focus only on what the US does that you feel negatively affects you while overlooking all the good your land derives from the US. You take the good with the bad, you see. Denmark is a far better place for the US, of that you may be sure.

You certainly have a right to an opinion on ANY topic. This is not a question of rights. Why are non-thinkers always so concerned with their rights? What about your right to masturbate 21 times each day while wearing a Speedo? You do have that right, you know. Oh well. Just don't allow yourself to believe your right to an opinion means anything to anyone other than - that's right - you. No one cares about your opinion of the US. No one. And I sure as hell hope you don't care about my opinion of Denmark, if I had one, which I don't.

12. Likes jancollc liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I base this strictly on the hotness of the wife, but I am very impressed with the new guy...

He's a "fiscal conservative" running for leadership of our Conservative party, very experienced and will likely defeat "Justeen" in our next election:

Peter MacKay - Wikipedia

Plus his wife is super hot!

Nazanin Afshin-Jam - Google Search

14. Likes jancollc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting to see that when there is no real answer to a crisis people go to their political corners and fight like mad.
    Maybe this drags out 9 months and the election gets postponed or very few people vote?
    I see no way that you can at this point call the POTUS moves good or bad. No useful data available and that will be judged by history.
    Of note is the difference here with 9-11 although arguably the threat to our population is much bigger.
    Everyone wants to point a finger, guess what, no right or wrong so just quit pointing.
    Right, middle, left. We are all worried and stressed.
    Should there be less unity or more?
    Bob

16. Likes jancollc, Screwmachine, Mark Rand liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    I like Miss World I bet the man is a liberal.
    Not a liberal bone in his body!!!

Even tho our Conservatives are generally way closer to center than your Republicans.

Justeen is a very "left of center" Liberal just like his father Pierre who was a buddy of Castro. Him and Bernie would get along well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

People want to DO something and right now the only thing to do is passively sit at home... this is a very un-American situation. Give us things to fight and an impossible task and we will show up guns blazing.

19. Likes Murf, Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, we were at the verge of total collapse. Record markets, lowest ever unemployment, fastest wage growth in decades...

IMPEACH!
    Sure, given all the trials, Russian meddling, Trump not releasing his taxes or allowing the (German) bank to explain why they would loan money to him when EVERY OTHER bank would not. All the turnover in his Cabinet, all the self-dealings of charging the government for his stays at his own properties, all the Chinese dealings by his daughter and son-in-law...

And riding on an economy propped up by the Obama administration.

Your boy's quite the winner. Not to mention all the racists and xenophobes that have come scurrying from the dark corners to now proudly beat their chests.

History will excoriate Dear Leader. I hope there's a country left to learn lessons from it.

21. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    I see no way that you can at this point call the POTUS moves good or bad. No useful data available
    Are you just stirring up trouble again, B ? The evidence was right in front of his ignorant nose. He ignored it, hence the current situation.

Not political at all (at least for me.) It's about performance. Competence. The ability to look at a virus with 80,000 cases and several thousand deaths and recognize this is a real p-r-o-b-l-e-m.

China had closed off a city of 15 million, there were cases all around the world, including in the US and he said (direct quote) "we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” Even if it were only one person "coming in from China" that man was on an airplane with 300 others. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that there most likely are a lot more than one case entering the country.

It got worse from there.

I don't consider this political. He could be Abraham Lincoln for all I care, if the president pulled this shit I'd be furious. Or ashamed. Probably both.

23. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Must be the one that idiot Gavin Newsome used to claim over 25 million will get Corona-virus in California. In my local news the panicking losers that live around me are buying toilet paper at 33 times their normal rate. I just went to a chain store to get things I could not get at the area country markets. The check out clerk told me that over night they put out what is their normal weekly toilet paper shipment, it was gone in 5 hours by noon Sunday. The area I live in is full of panicking cowards, the people in the country are way worse than the city folk here in that regard. If 1-2 inches of snow is predicted they clean out all the eggs, milk and bread. You can imagine what they are doing now.
    Roger that! I've been trying to be careful to only buy what I need as replacements and look for less popular substitutes to ease the supply burden. Last week I needed eggs and when I saw that one place only had one package left in the case my thought was "I've still got two eggs left and I have a car and can check other places, so I'll leave those for someone who might live nearby and be on foot". At the very next stop they had plenty so I got a dozen eggs. We are also patronizing local places for takeout several times a week to help keep them afloat.

If worse comes to worse I have pilot bread type crackers and powdered milk (bought in advance of winter - just in case) and we'll never starve, although we might have some strange meals. We have enough TP for a bit but I've already given thought to other types of paper and even done a little testing of same - just in case. I learned early in life that in an emergency it is never too early to start conserving and exploring alternatives as the time to experience failure is before all other options run out.

We also have waterless camping shampoo and soap on hand, which we've used in the past when water heaters failed. One failure was due to flooding in the basement caused by heavy rains. We've learned the hard way not to take anything for granted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GregSY View Post
    My favorite is non-US citizens who feel the need to weigh in on 'Trump'. As if their opinion matters. As if their voice matters. Yet they all love to do it. World citizens, they are.lol.

I have absolutely no opinion about the President of Guam, Portugal, Korea, or Monaco. I don't even know if they have a President. That's because it's not my business, not my country. If I did have an opinion, it wouldn't matter.
    not my country but very much my business.
    will stop to be so, when the USA stops claiming that everything that is going on in the world is its business.
    those syrian refugees exist for a reason..

26. Likes Mark Rand, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Sure, given all the trials, Russian meddling, Trump not releasing his taxes or allowing the (German) bank to explain why they would loan money to him when EVERY OTHER bank would not. All the turnover in his Cabinet, all the self-dealings of charging the government for his stays at his own properties, all the Chinese dealings by his daughter and son-in-law...

And riding on an economy propped up by the Obama administration.

Your boy's quite the winner. Not to mention all the racists and xenophobes that have come scurrying from the dark corners to now proudly beat their chests.

History will excoriate Dear Leader. I hope there's a country left to learn lessons from it.
    You will not replace us!

Hah, hah, hah, I couldn't resist feeding your paranoia.

28. Likes DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    not my country but very much my business.
    will stop to be so, when the USA stops claiming that everything that is going on in the world is its business.
    those syrian refugees exist for a reason..
    That is a legitimate point but the handling of the corona business is part of the internal affairs of our country, and while outsiders have a right to voice opinions we have a right to disregard them as meaningless. International affairs are a different matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

More propaganda, what a shock.

First travel restrictions- January 17
    First ban- January 31

First US case identified- January 21
    First US death- February 29

One month later, 100K cases...

China's gift to the world, how will she be repaid?
    you must be a close relative to that other cro magnon, evolution did not manege to get you above walking on hind legs either

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Right / left?
    I got busted today. Some guy doing about 40 on his bike yelling "On the right. On the right"
    I had no idea if he was passing on the right or I should be more on the right. so I just stopped dead-stop right where I was hoping I was not going to be run over...and I am trying to keep healthy.
    Guess we need a sign "Please say passing on the left when passing on the left, pick up your dog's poop,don't break glass on the path, Don't deposit garbage on the path, don't , don't.
    Yes I am starting a sign company......not.

China's gift to the world? likely proved that a brand new dangerous virus would not be a very good weapon.
    And what comes around goes around so one is likely also to suffer.