Close
Login to Your Account
Page 81 of 216 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    That is a legitimate point but the handling of the corona business is part of the internal affairs of our country, and while outsiders have a right to voice opinions we have a right to disregard them as meaningless. International affairs are a different matter.
    the hypocrisy is quite blatant.

your handling of the corona virus is an internal affair and the opinions of outsiders are meaningless,
    but the handling of the corona by the chinese is reason enough to be talking in terms of retribution.

crawl back under your rock

2. Likes SIP6A, Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    you must be a close relative to that other cro magnon, evolution did not manege to get you above walking on hind legs either
    What I'm really wondering is how damaged a psyche must one have to make someone like Trump a role model? What emptiness must exist for DJT to be a step "up"?

4. Likes Bobw, Greg White, Asquith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Giddyup! Giddyup! Hyaah!"

2020.3.16-dems-hitched-wagon.jpg

"Hope this nag lasts till we reach election city."

6. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm wondering If we cant even teach a newbe how to cut a screw thread how are we going to solve a virus hazard.

8. Likes dalmatiangirl61, Bobw liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Someone thinks GM can just push a different button and Ventilators will come out instead of Chevys. Meanwhile most of the world is looking for them.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...e-up-to-20000-

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    It is really good to to be back to having running water, chopping a hole in 2" of ice every morning is not fun.
    I bought some dried baked sea weed today for adding iodine to my diet..Janie tried it and said UCK...and it is expensive.
    Tastes like cod liver oil...

You know, this related to my theory of iodine body level and immune system function and avoiding the virus.

You shut your filthy mouth, nori is an excellent snack!

FYI, you can you get it in different flavors to make it more palatable. I like the wasabi the most, and bbq second, but I think the stuff is delicious on its own. As a 1/2 Korean kid, it was always in the house, and about the only thing I was allowed to eat as much as I wanted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

im going to act like im rich and buy a hot foreign bride so i can be president.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jmead View Post
    Someone thinks GM can just push a different button and Ventilators will come out instead of Chevys. Meanwhile most of the world is looking for them.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...e-up-to-20000-
    Your link seems to be dead.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    ...China had closed off a city of 15 million, there were cases all around the world, including in the US and he said (direct quote) "we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” Even if it were only one person "coming in from China" that man was on an airplane with 300 others. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that there most likely are a lot more than one case entering the country.
    Trump made that comment in Davos on January 22. The day after the first case in the US was discovered.
    Wuhan was closed the following day.
    The WHO said it was not an outbreak of "International concern".
    There was one case in Thailand, one in Japan, one in South Korea.
    The following day, Japan, the US, and South Korea announced their second case. Vietnam announced person to person transfer.

Trump's statement was correct on January 22 when he made it- The US had one known case in Seattle, China and the WHO didn't warn anyone how incredibly contagious the virus is. Trump had placed travel restrictions on Wuhan 5 days earlier, and had no real reason to think that the steps already taken were not adequate. He didn't take those steps on a whim, it was the advice of the professionals.

Yes, the virus was all around the world by January 22, but no one knew because China initially covered it up, and then downplayed the highly contagious nature.

#ChinaLiedPeopleDied
    Last edited by jancollc; 03-27-2020 at 01:51 PM. Reason: correct date

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    Your link seems to be dead.
    My guess is that it's the president bitching at GM via twitter because they can only deliver 6000 ventilators in late April.

From a manufacturing perspective, I'd be seriously impressed if they can pull that off.

Donald Trump attacks General Motors on Twitter over ventilator deal - Business Insider

15. Likes Bobw, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Trump made that comment in Davos on January 22. The day after the first case in the US was discovered.
    Wuhan was closed the following day.
    The WHO said it was not an outbreak of "International concern".
    There were one case in Thailand, one in Japan, one in South Korea.
    The following day, Japan, the US, and South Korea announced their second case. Vietnam announced person to person transfer.

Trump's statement was correct on January 17 when he made it- The US had one known case in Seattle, China and the WHO didn't warn anyone how incredibly contagious the virus is. Trump had placed travel restrictions on Wuhan 5 days earlier, and had no real reason to think that the steps already taken were not adequate. He didn't take those steps on a whim, it was the advice of the professionals.

Yes, the virus was all around the world by January 17, but no one knew because China initially covered it up, and then downplayed the highly contagious nature.

#ChinaLiedPeopleDied
    but nobody will know that (if it is all factual) because over half the news outlets don't like Trump.
    My own brother hates Trump..but I don't arguer with my brother.. who cares. only the vote for who is to run our country matters. We have a lot of people in our grubberment who are dopes with good speeches ..and some that know what they are doing.

I think Alfred E Newman still gets votes.

Facts and actions matter..not feelings ..IMHO.

17. Likes jancollc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    From a manufacturing perspective, I'd be seriously impressed if they can pull that off.
    As someone that work for GM for thirty years I'm with you. It's not how GM would run the project, it's the fact that every piece of machinery in a GM plant is made to machine a specific part. unless tooling exists to make these ventilator parts I couldn't see them being able to deliver one in six months.

The good ole days of having thousands of job shops within a days drive of a GM plant where everybody can go to 12/7 are long gone.

19. Likes Mark Rand, Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    My guess is that it's the president bitching at GM via twitter because they can only deliver 6000 ventilators in late April.
    Trump can commandeer Ford and GM, but it probably wouldn't make a bit of difference. If they are partnering with companies that make ventilators, those companies probably share the same supply chains.

So they'll all be fighting over the same capacity anyway, no one is vertically integrated in that kind of manufacturing these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is something promising over ventilators.

MIT Emergency Ventilator Submitted for FDA Review | Medgadget

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    Facts and actions matter..not feelings ..IMHO.
    That's all I've ever cared about.

Trump says things in the most inarticulate way possible, but he did not ignore this virus. He followed the advice of the experts, and took the criticism from the media for doing it.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iwananew10K View Post
    im going to act like im rich and buy a hot foreign bride so i can be president.
    I know a fellow who's brother acquired such a bride, an Asian girl. He did not like her so his brother (my friend) married her. She is a very nice, sweet, intelligent lady and they get along great with now having a 13 year old son who is a nice kid...go figure....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I see Texas has placed restrictions on people coming from NY,NJ,CT, and New Orleans. 2 weeks self-isolation for everyone.

Think Seattle and LA are on the list too.

25. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd like to make a suggestion - no more "righties" and "lefties" to describe anyone here. Reserve it for things like drill twist.

While there is surely a lot of partisanship and tribalism around these days, pretty sure that none of us on PM would be a cartoon "left" or cartoon "right" in every possible way. We might make a bit more progress just identifying problems, outlining solutions and, as needed, pointing out the missed facts, additional considerations, better solutions etc. along the way?

27. Likes Mark Rand, Asquith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    There's nothing more critical right now that fighting the ignorance of the Left. That's you, oh one who thinks differently.

Part of that difference is your tendency to hurl insults at the opposition, which is what the intolerant and immature do when contradicted. Not too different from a four year old calling someone a poopy head.

Have to disagree. The ignorance on the right is perhaps more dangerous right now. As in "Maybe we open the economy back up - better that people die than we kill the economy". As in "This whole infection is just a publicity stunt/hoax".

I'm a strong Conservative and am (or at least was) a Republican. I'm ashamed of both parties. Cowardice, dishonesty, ignorance, and self-interest.

Two people in a life raft, with a hole in it and sinking fast, and they're arguing. "Your dishonest and counterproductive liberal policies lead to this hole! You're an idiot!". The other: "No, no, no, its your heartless ignorant policies that caused the hole! You're a moron!". Pardon me, but FIX THE FUCKING HOLE. And then, as you sit in the lifeboat, reflect upon the fact that both of you were right...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIP6A View Post
    Here is something promising over ventilators.

MIT Emergency Ventilator Submitted for FDA Review | Medgadget
    Good intentions, but that's scary.

I've bagged enough patients that that thing scares the living shit out of me.

30. Likes Pathogen liked this post