Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 4311
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by janvanruth View Post
    i am sorry to have misjudged you.
    so you are not a trump follower, but an independent mind that holds nothing but contempt for either side but also happens to agree with the trump followers on the great leader.
    that does make you a trump follower, be it a covert one.
    Why did Bazzer get the Nobel? I guess bombs win prizes?
    Where was he during the Auschwitz 70th anniversary liberation celebrations and the Charlie Hebdo world leaders unification march in Paris?
    Playing golf and at a music concert...
    Don't get me wrong, Trump can come across as a jerk too.
    But we're all being played - can't you see it?
    Just like "commie fukin Russia" - I've said before if they were that bad, they wouldn't give the US Astronauts a lift into space.
    Media is playing EVERYONE.
    Who is the UN?
    USA/UK/Russia/France and HELLO....CHINA.
    Media gets everyone fighting against eachother to distract us all, so the gubmints can implement draconian new laws and stimulus money for their own wealth distribution schemes.
    Everyone needs to wake up.
    Grrrrr....

2. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Benito was actually better at everything ... luckily.
    Which is why they shot him, hung him upside down, and stoned him. If we're lucky the same thing
    will eventually happen to trump.

4. Likes redlee, Greg White, morsetaper2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    ..... If we're lucky the same thing will eventually happen to trump.
    And people say I'm not being very nice here.
    I'm not fan of many leaders Jim but lets not get crazy.
    This time of year always cabin fever has set in and we all get testy on this site. It happens over and over.
    Now the added pressure. Where is the release valve?

Jim, spring is here now or soon, time to ride. Beat those bikes hard and deep.
    We have no control of the madness but we have control when in the seat and bars in our hands.
    You ride those two wheeled coffins and live the risk, I will make a wild ass guess that you know what I mean, others may not get it.

Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Beat those bikes hard and deep.
    We have no control of the madness but we have control when in the seat and bars in our hands.
    Just be careful out there guys.

Spring is in the air here. 75 degrees here today, windy but great. Lots of Harley dudes out and about.......but we're supposed to be on lockdown?

I hope the warmer weather will lift spirits a little and crash the doomsayers.

Just bought my debt free reward and I really want to go for a road trip soon.

Trying to wait for the letup I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    A snowmobile is like a wave runner out on the ocean but so much better.
    Yes you do not get to ride with a dolphin pod here or have them wake surf on the boat or smaller you which is crazy fun.
    Interesting take on things. Noise.

It takes just *ONE* of you guys to totally ruin the peace & quiet of an entire anchorage or camp area.

You probably don't care as long as you're having your fun. Screw everyone else, they're just whiners anyway, right?

I've just got back from a couple days in a quiet anchorage with a fair number of other boats. Nobody running at high speed through the boats, nobody playing amplified music, no noisy generators running late at night.

We *HATE* jet skis and other noise-making devices. In fact we got them totally banned from a major Australian port because the operators persistently refused to follow the rules and act civilly.

As for snow, you can keep it. I spent 12 seasons in Antarctica including 2 winter expeditions doing sea ice/glaciology sampling. Snow is best seen from the hot side of a heated wheel house.

PDW

8. Likes Asquith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    So TDS doesn't exist?
    With all the name calling and bitterness?
    C'mon Milland, you're way better than this.
    You stumbled onto a correct answer! Well done you!

I am better, and so's anyone that's actually able to discern their arse from the current president of the USA. It's fairly easy - their arse being smarter, better looking, and having more integrity that DJT.

What's stunning and incredibly disappointing is the vast numbers of people, even those with some intelligence, swearing allegiance to a man who's continually cheated on his family, in his business dealings, and against his country. Over and over, and with plenty of documentation.

There's something about the Cult of Trump that's so obvious to his detractors yet convincing to his acolytes that it's a mix of Jonestown with a touch of the short man with the little mustache. And F' yes, I'll go there because it fits!

10. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post

It takes just *ONE* of you guys to totally ruin the peace & quiet of an entire anchorage or camp area.

You probably don't care as long as you're having your fun. Screw everyone else, they're just whiners anyway, right?

I've just got back from a couple days in a quiet anchorage with a fair number of other boats. Nobody running at high speed through the boats, nobody playing amplified music, no noisy generators running late at night.

We *HATE* jet skis and other noise-making devices. In fact we got them totally banned from a major Australian port because the operators persistently refused to follow the rules and act civilly.

As for snow, you can keep it. I spent 12 seasons in Antarctica including 2 winter expeditions doing sea ice/glaciology sampling. Snow is best seen from the hot side of a heated wheel house.

PDW
    Tough neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Where was he during the Auschwitz 70th anniversary liberation celebrations and the Charlie Hebdo world leaders unification march in Paris?
    I'll guess that "Bazzer" in one of the cute nicknames for "Barry", as in Barack. I guess it's a good sign that you didn't go right to N*****, so thanks for that. He wasn't at those commemorations as a courtesy to DJT (not that he'd ever understand a courtesy), as no longer being the sitting president he didn't want to overshadow the fragile toad. But by gosh if he'd shown up who would the other world leaders have preferred the company of? Hmmm??

A correct answer! Headline - blind squirrel finds nut!

Grrrrr....
    Yes, and as soon as they do they'll smack themselves in the head, rhetorically ask "How could we have been so stupid!", and throw the McConnells, the Grahams, the Gohmerts, and the Gaetzs out of office!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post
    Tough neighbors.
    I'll be starting up the leaf blower at 5am. It's fine with you, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    PDW
    Don't like snow and will guess have never ran a top fuel car or loved that thunder.... I get that to each his own.
    We are all different and should respect each. Add that often I do hate the continuations buzz of jet skis on the lake but.. kids.
    As a kid the neighbor had a open chambered 400 Husky with no silencer. As it took off I said how nice it sounded.
    Dad was red face furious, turned to my mom and said "Your son thinks that this is good". I was kind of crushed.
    Latter I should have reminded him of this when he took the Sonic out and opened the exhaust on the 3 big block Chevys as we cleared the docks.
    My wife will complain about kids playing basketball.
    I know a very quiet place, just done the road and full of big blocks of granite.
    I prefer life, people, and community. If that means a leaf blower at 5AM so be it.
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

... if things get really bad. Citizens may resist even martial law yet I would not think this is likely soon. Steps taken will help some.
    I am puzzled by why youse guys always have to bring in the machine guns and swat teams ... China had retired guys, laid-off street sweepers, sales girls, and anybody who could read and write doing thermometer checks, taking down ID numbers and phone numbers. You don't need force because intelligent people do not want to die.

And also, it was practical here, people do need to go to the grocery store. Driving around in your own car or working in your own one-man shop is not going to spread anything. (Wuhan was the only place I know of where people were totally quarantined, with food being delivered. Everywhere else there was some latitude.) After a few days all the delivery guys here were busy as heck (but the US doesn't have that local-delivery thing, it would possibly be a way for people to make money right now.) Deliveries called when they arrived, were dumped out front, and the recipient took possession without shaking hands. Uber could deliver groceries.

Practical stuff can be done, it's not that hard. You don't have to make it harder than it is.

If you do call out the guard etc, don't put them in uniforms or give them guns !!! Give them a fuckign orange or green day-glo vest, so people know they are acting to help, not force anything down anyone's throat.

You just have to wonder what the hell people think in the US now ....

Quote Originally Posted by Milland
    There should be a bounty on leaf-blowers. $50 or so ought to rid the world of those pests.

16. Likes Asquith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't like snow and will guess have never ran a top fuel car or loved that thunder.... I get that to each his own.
    We are all different and should respect each. Add that often I do hate the continuations buzz of jet skis on the lake but.. kids.
    As a kid the neighbor had a open chambered 400 Husky with no silencer. As it took off I said how nice it sounded.
    Dad was red face furious, turned to my mom and said "Your son thinks that this is good". I was kind of crushed.
    Latter I should have reminded him of this when he took the Sonic out and opened the exhaust on the 3 big block Chevys as we cleared the docks
    Bob
    I've no problems with things that make noise, in their place. When I was a kid/teen there was a local stock car dirt track, used to go there all the time. Same with power boat races and the like. A well tuned engine at full throttle is really impressive.

But - not in places where there's a lot of other people who generally *don't* want the noise. And jet skis are mostly offensive everywhere, sort of like dirt bikes without mufflers in public camp grounds. It only takes a single idiot to ruin everyone's day.

Heli-skiing or access to wilderness parks by helicopter is also a sore point with people who go there to get away from industrial noise. The noise footprint is miles wide.

Lots of this aggravation would go away if the vehicles actually were silent. But then I guess that's the difference between me sailing at maybe 5 knots in dead silence except for the bow cutting the water, looking out for seals and dolphins, and the dickhead in the 50+ foot power boat with twin everything insisting on blasting past doing 30+ knots on the plane 30' off of my beam when the waterway is 3 miles wide. A lot of people simply don't give a damn about others as long as they can do what they want.

Probably most of that type aren't self-isolating to slow the spread of this virus either.

Anyway Bob I've no bone to pick with you on this, over the years I've read enough to get a feel for what sort of a person you are and right now I expect you're hurting big-time for your employees and business. I hope you get through it all with as little damage as possible.

PDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'll post it here too. Stay the fuck at home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

PDW, thanks for that last bit. The seas are heavy and rough.
    Perhaps I get too wound up running into the storm.
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    You are much more considerate than that Milland. I agree with the Man from Hobart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You are much more considerate than that Milland. I agree with the Man from Hobart.
    Heck, it's 5am somewhere, I'm gonna start right now!

[My drinking follows the same logic]

[[Or doesn't, as I don't drink]]

[[[Much]]]

[[[[ Why are nested "[ ]" so much uglier than nested "( )"?]]]]

22. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just like "commie fukin Russia" - I've said before if they were that bad, they wouldn't give the US Astronauts a lift into space.
    Media is playing EVERYONE.
    Who is the UN?
    USA/UK/Russia/France and HELLO....CHINA.
    Media gets everyone fighting against eachother to distract us all, so the gubmints can implement draconian new laws and stimulus money for their own wealth distribution schemes.
    Grrrrr....
    i couldn't care less what bazzer? was doing at any time.
    i do not compare trump to anyone.
    trump is as a phenomenon on his own.
    i see a narcissistic moronic con man.
    no need for any media to tell me anything.
    i can see and hear the man talk, that is enough.
    i cannot stop wondering how the hell a big part of the people in the USA seem to have a level of evolution hardly higher than cro magnon man.

24. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Speaking of noise, we live on rural property about 60km from an airport and are used to hearing planes all the time, eerily quiet for the last while.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hanermo View Post
    The virus started in october from/near 300 US military service members participating ...
    I think it would be better to keep theories to ourselves, on both ends ... it's like a knock-down dragout with the girlfriend, stuff gets said that shouldn't be and can't be taken back, the scars remain. It doesn't really matter anyhow, no one outside of a Marvel comic would create this kind of situation on purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Latter I should have reminded him of this when he took the Sonic out and opened the exhaust on the 3 big block Chevys as we cleared the docks.
    My wife will complain about kids playing basketball.
    I know a very quiet place, just done the road and full of big blocks of granite.
    I prefer life, people, and community. If that means a leaf blower at 5AM so be it.
    Bob
    so there is no problem as you know the ideal place to make a lot of noise without anyone complaining......