Close
Login to Your Account
Page 99 of 216 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Well, someone IS listening to comrade Goldstein.

This was on the local news this morning. Rhode Island is deploying the National Guard and state police to "hunt down" certain people (New Yorkers) over the coronavirus.

"Right now we have a pinpointed risk," Gov. Gina Raimondo (D) said on Friday. "That risk is called New York City."

The Bloomberg article says "police" but the news cast showed soldiers in uniform stopping cars and questioning the occupants. They had "military Police" banners on their chests. Martial law, anyone?

My question; Is the government going to "give" all of our rights back after the nation's mayors and governors have spent a month acting as rulers?

Attachment 283219

“How long can we allow Americans, who are a freedom-loving people and patriots, to be under ‘lockdown’ in their own homes without working?”
    Chuck Norris
    What about your hero considering a quarantine of NY/NJ/CT?

So much for right wingers being all about constitutional rights

Seems the evil Democrats backed him down from that

I don't know if it is a 'bad' idea from an epidemic standpoint, but one would need to, you know, ask the states first

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon73 View Post
    I guess we could ask ourselves some questions

'can a phone still send/receive data in some way even when turned off?'
    'can a phone signal be largely blocked by as simple a structure as a faraday cage?'
    'why is that phones are designed these days with an integral battery rather a removable one?'

Or we could dish out the labels given to us and like each others posts
    While its possible in theory its highly unlikely when they would need to hack/penetrate/physically swap thousands of phones.
    If your name happens to be Bin Laden-something and you are trying to avoid CIA, MI5 and FSB its a valid concern. Otherwise, not so much.

Source: I'm half baked EE with RF lab at home... with 2 of these toys among other things: CRTU-RU Rohde & Schwarz Communication Analyzer Used

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gay bars still having nightly parties seems wrong..What happens in NY should stay in NY...

Good, NYC Restaurants and Bars Must Shut Down in Response to COVID-19, Mayor Says - Eater NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    So here in Spain, from midnight tonight, the military will have geo location of everyones mobile phone.
    that will work in the city but in the campo?
    half the time there is no connection at my son's place unless you climb up the roof.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ooo, you might want to do some research on that one
    If modified or in some cases always if you turn the phone off it may not be all the way off. Known hacks for this.
    Fairly sure removing the battery does the trick. No power, no signal. What can be known is your location when you took out the battery.
    Some take precautions on cell tracking and then go use the internet on a computer. ...Even TOR and VPNs can be broken.
    We gave up our privacy of location long ago in favor of instant communication....Goggle is watching.

Want to be really paranoid? Add cameras everywhere and facial recognition.
    I found this interesting, a guy in Russia who was under quarantine order got caught taking out the trash by such.
    Bob

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The latest tracking device is a microchip they are putting in asparagus so eating such monitors every word you say and your location. This after the communication people thought it un constitutional to trace ones phone. Yes look up patent US104699ob2 asparagus microchip laced tracking device.

Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    The latest tracking device is a microchip they are putting in asparagus so eating such monitors every word you say and your location. This after the communication people thought it un constitutional to trace ones phone.
    No, in US they use broccoli. Ever wonder why kids in US hate it? Microchips give off-taste if you are not accustomed to the bitter taste they give

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The latest tracking device is a microchip they are putting in asparagus so eating such monitors every word you say and your location. This after the communication people thought it un constitutional to trace ones phone. Yes look up patent 67407456 asparagus microchip laced tracking device.
    Wont you poop such out within the next 24 hours?
    I would love a GPS tracker chip that I could embed in in my dog. Yes she is chipped but you can not track that.
    There is that whole power supply problem. Decent tracking collars or devices have limited range and/or battery life.
    Since you can follow a cell phone if loaded I thought about a very cheap and smaller phone attached to her collar when let loose in the woods.

More to the point, why be worried that others know where you are?
    When riding the dirt alone I wanted some method so others could find me if I crashed and did not come home. That turned out to be difficult.
    Bob

9. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is why the grubberment keeps pushing eat more . vegetables..

Is seems china virus numbers have almost stalled. I wonder if numbers are true..

Country
    FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MattiJ View Post
    While its possible in theory its highly unlikely when they would need to hack/penetrate/physically swap thousands of phones.
    If your name happens to be Bin Laden-something and you are trying to avoid CIA, MI5 and FSB its a valid concern. Otherwise, not so much.
    You think they cant already use the existing firmware of pretty much any phone thats reasonably recent, no hack or exploited app required?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Article about previous attempt to make a new ventilator for this type of crisis

The U.S. tried to build a new fleet of ventilators. The mission failed. | Boston.com

Actually a NYT story. One wonders were we'd be if this had been successful...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    When all this is said and done, China will pay a heavy economic price, as the countries of the world who were ravaged by this Covid-19 pandemic will look elsewhere for cheap sub-contracting.

The people of the world are going to forever look at China in a different way, and that’s generally going to be a negative, untrusting, and unwilling to commit to business.

I don’t give a shit how “large” China’s internal market is, without being able to provide and sell to the world, their economy will be screwed.

China gets what they deserve when the leaders act retarded by denying this mess, and not doing more early to stop it in its tracks early on.

And they could have!

And that’s what the world will always remember...
    China will pay small or no price for what happened. Corporations will go to the lowest cost provider of what ever they want to make. Corporations have no morals or conscious , it's all about money.

The line about "China gets what they deserve" could just as well be said about the US

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob
    No much longer than that!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You think they cant already use the existing firmware of pretty much any phone thats reasonably recent, no hack or exploited app required?
    4E 4F.
    Assume you can read this without going to a translator since you know how this stuff.
    I do not understand the worry. We all bought into the digital world.
    01000010 01101111 01100010

Country
    FALKLAND ISLANDS (MALVINAS)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    004E 004F.
    Assume you can read this without going to a translator since you know how this stuff.
    01000010 01101111 01100010
    No idea about code tbh Bob, in fact id say I dont know much about anything really, just like you and everybody else on here. The difference is I know that I dont know, so I ask questions and I research.
    If I wanted to know something about carbide inserts, Id ask you.
    If wanted to know something about machining id ask Sami.

If wanted to know something about trading, I wouldnt ask you. Know what I mean?

Edit:- Theres no worry here mate. Were here then were not lol

17. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gay bars still having nightly parties seems wrong..What happens in NY should stay in NY...

Good, NYC Restaurants and Bars Must Shut Down in Response to COVID-19, Mayor Says - Eater NY
    First, uhh, what is your problem with gay bars, or is it just required to start your post with some kind of slur against someone?

Second, article is from the 16th, they have been shut down for 2 weeks

19. Likes Greg White liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    The U.S. tried to build a new fleet of ventilators. The mission failed. | Boston.com

Actually a NYT story. One wonders were we'd be if this had been successful...
    Yeah I read that

yeah the market will take care of things

attention bobbleheads: the market does not care, at all,ever, never has

short version, larger company bought smaller company to keep it from building cheap ventilators under contract with the US gov't

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The latest tracking device is a microchip they are putting in asparagus so eating such monitors every word you say and your location. This after the communication people thought it un constitutional to trace ones phone. Yes look up patent US104699ob2 asparagus microchip laced tracking device.
    What is wrong with you people, asparagus, broccoli

Everyone knows it is in Doritos

I mean, how many people would you track with Asparagus, and would you really care where both of them are?

22. Likes Bobw, Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is why the grubberment keeps pushing eat more . vegetables..

Is seems china virus numbers have almost stalled. I wonder if numbers are true..
    While it is pretty easy for China to prevent the spread of information within the country, it is much more difficult to stop us knowing things. Big population,lots of cell phones.

I am certain the numbers are not perfect, but if you study the early outbreak issues, it was local/provincial morons being morons

I mean, what would the point be if it got away from them and they tried to fool us?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    I would love a GPS tracker chip that I could embed in in my dog. Yes she is chipped but you can not track that.
    There is that whole power supply problem. Decent tracking collars or devices have limited range and/or battery life.
    Since you can follow a cell phone if loaded I thought about a very cheap and smaller phone attached to her collar when let loose in the woods.

More to the point, why be worried that others know where you are?
    When riding the dirt alone I wanted some method so others could find me if I crashed and did not come home. That turned out to be difficult.
    Bob
    Whistle GO Explore GPS Pet Tracker & Activity Monitor

| Whistle

They get good reviews. Just have to set a reminder on your phone for to change the batteries.

I looked in to it, but my dogs are couch weights...so I just spent the money on cinder blocks to line the fence with. Now they can't dig out as easy.