What's new
What's new

Covid 19 and mask mandates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike1974

Diamond
So, I thought I would start a new thread since the 'other one' is so far off track (not that I have hopes this one won't... :o). Anywho...

How many people here are under mandatory masks in public now? Ours started Wed afternoon.

2 things irritate the shit out of me about this.

1) If you aren't going to enforce it, why bother?
2) If you are going to try and *make* everyone wear a mask, at least ensure they are worn properly. GAWD the people hangin' them off their chin, or pulling it all the way down so they can 'breathe' :angry:

I don't necessarily agree with being forced to wear a mask, but it is what it is and I wish people would comply. It's like toolbox locks, all they do is keep honest people honest, not going to deter a real thief, just like not enforcing this new "law"

rant off

So, I thought I would start a new thread since the 'other one' is so far off track (not that I have hopes this one won't... :o). Anywho...

How many people here are under mandatory masks in public now? Ours started Wed afternoon.

2 things irritate the shit out of me about this.

Well f**k. Not even into the discussion and you've ALREADY signalled the goal?

INFANTILE SHITFEST, REV 3!

And:

GAME ON!

Just f**k-off, willyah? The lot of yah.

And yah WONDER if DJT was kidding about f**kwits injecting disinfectants?

How about epoxy and Carbon fibre layup for fully sealed "lifetime durable" face masks so yah never have the INCONVENIENCE of ever needing a SECOND one?

Glueing yer whole "Big" HEAD into a toilet bowl off a five-gallon pail of epoxy is cheating.

Even so, that should cut the noise level rather well, yah?

Self-centered blame-game f**kwits!

God must have loved them or she'd never have invented sewercide.

:(

Why am I not surprised that thermite is the first one to derail the thread with his mumbo jumbo gibberish (annddd here will come another gobbly gook reply, guess it's time to re-ignore him) :rolleyes5:

Why am I not surprised that thermite is the first one to derail the thread with his mumbo jumbo gibberish (annddd here will come another gobbly gook reply, guess it's time to re-ignore him) :rolleyes5:

EVERYTHING is a "surprise" to any willfully-ignorant career naif with the effective IQ of a medium eggplant fruit work for yah?

How, pray tell, does one "derail" a Mike-Foxtrot theatrical TRAIN WRECK, pre-staged badly to be put on display by and for the irresponsible AMUSEMENT of congenital IDIOTS?

"Ignore" is indeed the province of the "IgnorANT"

Do us the favour of imposing it upon your truant SELF.... so as to annoy fewer of the most endangered species on all of planet EARTH!

Still-functional HUMAN grown ups!

If you MANUFACTURE masks? "MADE IN USA", even? Yer in the right place. Drive on, good-on-yah, and WELCOME!

If WHINING about masks is yer wont?

Change coasts. "Left" as in "abandoned" side of the pool-table. Try for the ashes of a fire-burnt vinyard.

Kalifornikayah SSR are world-class experts at the whine of ass-hes of bitter fruits, flakes, grapes, and commune-nuts.

:(

Well, Japan, with an acceptance of the need to wear masks is doing quite well. How’s the US doing?

L7

Well, Japan, with an acceptance of the need to wear masks is doing quite well. How’s the US doing?

L7

Noted too many times to remind that Hong Kong, sea, then air, "gateway to the whole dam' world" of China's never-ending stream of new bugs for hundreds of years, were early-adopters of masking 30-odd YEARS ago, when first those conveniently packaged basic "surgical" masks hit the consumer shelves at cheap price-points. Every flat has had a stash ever since. As we have had for YEARS in our OTHER homes, Virginia included.

Ordinary folks with even the SUSPICION of the onset of a common-cold "just DO that" maskey-thing individually at any time. Out of common courtesy to family and fellow tower-block, crowded transport and crowded all OTHER spaces!

"Bad s**t about" word hits the jungle-drum network? Whole dam' CITY goes into masks within an hour, if not MINUTES. There'll be one or several in every handbag, schoolbag, toolbox, or briefcase. Already. ELSE near as a Circle-K, 7-Eleven, or any OTHER street-level or undergound rail-station store. Read "about forty feet".

Over 7 million "sardined tinned" souls.

FOUR dead. Big Bang to last week.

And nnnooo the Pee Are Sea cannot, and HAS not PUT an information lid on Hong Kong's "many eyes", no matter they burn down the whole dam' town in the attempt! Ve haf our wegs!

And yet? Fools, damned fools, "attention bid" spoilt-rotten two-year old "minds", and statisticians even have to ASK if masks are "sensible value for money", however less than PERFECT?

Thirty YEARS at proving masks HELP? For tens of MILLIONS? Crowded?

May as well debate rubber tires over wooden Ox cart wheels for over-the road twin-screw Peterbilts for all the SANITY left in sech of an exercise!

"Pig headed"? No Fine Way.

Swine just aren't that stoopid. They can LEARN stuff!

The pretense for masks is that it will prevent "asymptomatic" (Not sick) people from "infecting' others.

Asymptomatic transmission is so rare that it's essentially a non-issue. Despite that, millions of people are going around wearing masks even when outdoors and away from all others. Many of them falsely believe the masks protect THEM from random virus blown on the wind, despite established knowledge that surgical and cloth masks will not provide protection to the wearer. Only the more effective N95 masks can/may provide protection against virus.

Therefore it might be assumed that the main purpose of masks is for show, visual "proof" that we are in a pandemic.

More proof that masks are for show (virtue signalling).

And if masks are so effective why do huge numbers of mask-wearing Chinese get sick with every outbreak?

From the article chipsplitter linked.

Trevon Logan, who is black, said orders to wear face coverings are “basically telling people to look dangerous given racial stereotypes that are out there.”

What a crock! Anything to be a victim. :rolleyes5:
Sure, if you are wearing a mask at night and sneaking around you probably look like a criminal. I've never (in this new normal era) seen a black, or non-white person with a mask and thought "they must be a criminal". Jesus!

The pretense for masks

And if masks are so effective why do huge numbers of mask-wearing Chinese get sick with every outbreak?

You are being intentionally obtuse to entertain other fools.

The very POINT, Pilgrim, is that with but FOUR DEAD out of over seven MILLION Hong Kong 98% or so ethnic Chinese sardines?

They DID NOT "get sick" to much extent at all, did they?

You forget that "huge numbers" is a VERY "relative" term in a land where a single "estate" of tower flats houses more souls than a typical US or European CITY.

And that a mere "County" in China can be more populous than most entire European nations or US states.

Crowded? You should "get out more" if you want to ken how much tougher it is in Asia to "social distance" where six millimeters would be an improvement, six FEET impossible much short of genocide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back