Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    I was the maintenance guy,had to fix the f/ups.......when guys upset me by breaking things,I got them fired by setting them up.One guy had something on the boss from the old days,I had to get him to quit for a better job,wasnt easy,but the crowd I got him a job with were strict discipline on jobsite,he wouldnt have lasted five minutes without smartening himself up.....I had a run in with the new manager straight off,got square by sabotaging his executive chair,he ended up flat on his back wearing a cup of coffee,and his fancy wig came off......that was good for some laughs.
    That sounds like quite the dick move! One thing to "take matters into your own hands" if a guy is a prick to you personally. I remember a used-to-be friend telling me how he had done something like that. Someone he didn't get along with or whatever... well he told me he waited to till the guy left for the day and went and shut the coolant off in his machine that was running! This same character (who I had thought up until then was a stand up guy) stole about half the scrap carbide when he quit last place we worked together...

2. Likes triumph406, Mcgyver, Greenwud, camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    I was the maintenance guy,had to fix the f/ups.......when guys upset me by breaking things,I got them fired by setting them up.
    So..... your job was fixing stuff that people broke.
    You got upset because you had to do your job, and the solution was to get coworkers fired?

You're an idiot.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well after I failed out of law school, I got a paralegal degree in a yeae and a half. Had an internship with the WI Attorney General. Then I applied to a special internship with the U.S House and worked with The House Majority Whip for a few months. I needed money so I was doing temp work since march of this year. Been in another factory. Was never a machinist. Never smart enough to do that haha. I was just a machine operator/gopher for the shop guys. I applied to an opening with the firm and they finally took me on at 85k a year.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Im talking about guys sabotaging forklifts to get time off, slipping clutches till smoke comes out,and calling it a burnout,or a nasty little scotsman unwinding all the wire off a crane winchdrum ,then complaining to WHS it wasnt properly secured......That one I put the inspector in his place,cause he didnt know the regulations,so an official complaint to his boss.. .....very nasty little scotsman ,cut a lockout off the overhead crane isolator ,and tried to kill me with the crane .....had to lie flat ,and it passed over me with nothing to spare.Fortunately I took a pic of the lockout.Nightshift hiding after hours deliveries ,then stealing the stuff(like a $1500 reel of rubber painthose)..Or taking backhanders to use the forklifts at an adjoining building site,leaving flat tyres with dozens of nails in them.The scotsman got pinged trying to "groom" a 15 yr old new start,had the kid doubled over trying to rape him......claimed he was fooling around and the kid "loved" him....Charming...........another guy hated the 457 visa workers,used to flick a little stone into the blastpots,just big enough to jam in the blast nozzle,and make the blaster stop and change over to a new hose......when I d take the nozzle off,the stone was jammed ,and often broke the hard silicon nitride liner,ruining a $600 nozzle.....I saw him doing it,the boss wouldnt sack him.......but the woman who ran the office got rid of him,boss said nothing.....You didnt cross her.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Assuming what you said is factual.
    What you described are some of the things that make some employees more valuable than other employees. Let him own his own screw ups, you do likewise and don't loan out tools. Management will either see it and reward you both accordingly or they won't. If they don't, you will have a decision to make. Just be aware.....if you move on in the hopes of finding a job that has none of the above issues (and then some) let us all know where that is because i have never seen such a place.
    BTW.....I am certain if I was running a one man shop I would occasionally get pissed at the asshole I followed.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Workforce of over a hundred painters ,blasters ,labourers........there was always a handful of rotten apples,and lots of the other guys were pissed with them,but the bosses wouldnt fire them.....yet Col would fire a guy for having his birthday off sick leave,or for "argufying",making a suggestion about work ,or mentioning safety.

Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    It's OK, By his own admission he only pays $70K a year.
    He can't pay any more - irrespective of 22mill T/O, he's doing work for Lazy B so prolly losing 1/2Mill per year .

As for the big OEMs (PW,B etc) being professional...the big boys are the LEAST ethical and MOST unprofessional I've ever dealt with.
    Granted, they were frightfully nice chaps and all smartly dressed, but on the whole they had not one idea about manufacturing, leadtimes etc, and were what I'd call "shoppers". Just bought part numbers...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter View Post
    He can't pay any more - irrespective of 22mill T/O, he's doing work for Lazy B so prolly losing 1/2Mill per year .

As for the big OEMs (PW,B etc) being professional...the big boys are the LEAST ethical and MOST unprofessional I've ever dealt with.
    Granted, they were frightfully nice chaps and all smartly dressed, but on the whole they had not one idea about manufacturing, leadtimes etc, and were what I'd call "shoppers". Just bought part numbers...
    Amen to that! Here is a stupid reason I was told why we didn't (big money place I talked about) bring more parts in house. Purchasing agents* were pissed because they needed to generate 2 new (yes 2 ) part numbers. One for the raw stock blanks, and one for the finish machined parts before they went for paint and helicoils/hardware.

*note sure on terminology for their actual 'job title' think they were called buyers or something..

10. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yep losing money and giving $1400 a month per person profit sharing.

12. Likes barbter liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post

*note sure on terminology for their actual 'job title' think they were called buyers or something..
    They're called *shoppers*

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by g-coder05 View Post
    Yep losing money and giving $1400 a month per person profit sharing.
    Lots of assuming there.