What's new
What's new

Create Tool

cuslog

Aluminum
Has anyone here had any contact recently with / from Create Tool in China ? For those not familiar with them, they are the producer of the Multifix 40 position tool holders in China. I purchased a used Lathe recently and it came with a basic "B" sized setup on it. I quite like the system and they seem well made. Recently tried to place an order for more tool holders with them via their web site - after several tries, I get no response and I am beginning to wonder if they're still in business.
Anyone here had any contact with / from them recently ? Their website does say they do accept small orders.

Has anyone here had any contact recently with / from Create Tool in China ? For those not familiar with them, they are the producer of the Multifix 40 position tool holders in China. I purchased a used Lathe recently and it came with a basic "B" sized setup on it. I quite like the system and they seem well made. Recently tried to place an order for more tool holders with them via their web site - after several tries, I get no response and I am beginning to wonder if they're still in business.
Anyone here had any contact with / from them recently ? Their website does say they do accept small orders.

Can't search ?
Create Toolpost - They're Not Responding

See my post #103 of January 26, 2021: Multifix Toolholder Clone Review

Though Nina sounded optimistic about resuming things by the end of January I'm not sure that in fact happened. (I haven't had occasion since myself to place any orders.) I think this is too bad. My experience dealing with Nina Wang and Create Tool was always very good. Never had problems with quality or delivery.

David

Last edited:
So, my zhu shang managed to corner the manufacturing manager for Create. They are still in business, just very swamped with work, sorry sorry etc etc. Why Nina, the sales manager, has not replied to anyone's requests was not addressed because there would be an inevitable loss of face ... but this was the story a year ago, too.

The power behind the throne here happens to be extremely persistent - I've seen her win a fight to the death over a returned winter coat and many other smaller battles, and she volunteered to shepherd any orders directly through manufacturing with a cc to sales, so if you are interested in anything from Create and want an answer some time before the twelfth of never, feel free to pm me and I'll pass the information on. This should work, at least temporarily.

So, my zhu shang managed to corner the manufacturing manager for Create. They are still in business, just very swamped with work, sorry sorry etc etc. Why Nina, the sales manager, has not replied to anyone's requests was not addressed because there would be an inevitable loss of face ... but this was the story a year ago, too.

The power behind the throne here happens to be extremely persistent - I've seen her win a fight to the death over a returned winter coat and many other smaller battles, and she volunteered to shepherd any orders directly through manufacturing with a cc to sales, so if you are interested in anything from Create and want an answer some time before the twelfth of never, feel free to pm me and I'll pass the information on. This should work, at least temporarily.

Emanuel,
Do you speak one or more Chinese dialects or do you rely on your zhu shang for that?

Emanuel,
Do you speak one or more Chinese dialects or do you rely on your zhu shang for that?
Combination. Luckily I mostly learned north accent, since south accent sounds so sissy, especially shanghainese, and western sounds like dirt in your mouth, uneducated. But generally I pretend to be even dumber than I really am, so we can do good cop / bad cop and she can play loyal little chinese girl helping to cheat the evil foreigner. I'm in charge of drinking tho, she can't do alcohol at all.

Alas, ktv girls have been off-limits for quite a while now :(

Tried to place an order last week for an A Set and 8 holders. Are you still in contact with them? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tried to place an order last week for an A Set and 8 holders. Are you still in contact with them? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I gave up on Create after weeks of trying to place a good sized order with them. Try Amestra, AXA or PEWE, they're all quick to respond and will ship to USA.

I've been working out what size Multifix would fit a Clausing 5914, which is happy with a Aloris BXA toolpost. The best answer seems to be size A, but a machined steel spacing washer would be needed.

The sizing directions all seem to have been copied from the original Swiss maker's documentation, was not all that clear from the start. It turns out that PeWe has generated their own documentation, which is far clearer. Unfortunately, it seems not to be available in English.

My schoolboy German is good enough to read the PeWe documentation, with a little help from Google Translate, and PeWe has done us all a service. The filename is "Schnellwechselhaltergrundkoerper-DE-Mai2021.pdf".

https://pewetools.de/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Schnellwechselhaltergrundkoerper-DE-Mai2021.pdf

Sorry, just saw this. After making a bunch of promises with the previous person, they did nothing. I got the impression the main guy died.

In any case, looks like they want to throw away their reputation. I would not waste any more time on them.

Entropy, I guess.

I've been working out what size Multifix would fit a Clausing 5914, which is happy with a Aloris BXA toolpost. The best answer seems to be size A, but a machined steel spacing washer would be needed.

The sizing directions all seem to have been copied from the original Swiss maker's documentation, was not all that clear from the start. It turns out that PeWe has generated their own documentation, which is far clearer. Unfortunately, it seems not to be available in English.

My schoolboy German is good enough to read the PeWe documentation, with a little help from Google Translate, and PeWe has done us all a service. The filename is "Schnellwechselhaltergrundkoerper-DE-Mai2021.pdf".

https://pewetools.de/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Schnellwechselhaltergrundkoerper-DE-Mai2021.pdf

I had bought the Enco Swiss-made 40-position set around 1980 in their size E-2, the same as A size. The holders have the OEM stamped Axxx marks plus ENCO E-2 chemically etched on the side. I spent around half of the price of my new Jet lathe on the tool post set. I use 1/2" tool bits, which are smaller than the holder capacity, but are plenty big enough for a 12" lathe. When I replaced the Jet 12 x 36 lathe with a Clausing 5914 12 x 36 lathe in 1984, I made a new spacer for the post and still use 1/2" tool bits. Larger bits would allow a thinner spacer, but the AFE and AFI threading holders do not use standard tool bits and work fine with the spacer I made.

If asked, I will measure my spacer.

I suspect the E size set would work on the 5914, but I already had the A size and never bothered to look into whether the E would fit.

Larry

Well I have a genny Swiss post on my Clausing 5914 and am using a aprox .500 thick spacer. I run both 1/2 & 3/4 tooling with that setup. Funny thing is when I had a 12x36 Chinese lathe I could set a tool on center for that lathe and with the spacer on the Clausing putting that holder on the Clausing tool would still be on center. Chinese lathe had more iron on the cross slide and compound than the Clausing does. Chinese lathe had a Create post on it.

Sorry, just saw this. After making a bunch of promises with the previous person, they did nothing. I got the impression the main guy died.

In any case, looks like they want to throw away their reputation. I would not waste any more time on them.

Entropy, I guess.

One guy locally I see got a response in recent weeks from Create and ordered from them. Looks like they're rebooting, but might need a little (or a lot!) of patience on correspondence.

I had bought the Enco Swiss-made 40-position set around 1980 in their size E-2, the same as A size. The holders have the OEM stamped Axxx marks plus ENCO E-2 chemically etched on the side. I spent around half of the price of my new Jet lathe on the tool post set. I use 1/2" tool bits, which are smaller than the holder capacity, but are plenty big enough for a 12" lathe. When I replaced the Jet 12 x 36 lathe with a Clausing 5914 12 x 36 lathe in 1984, I made a new spacer for the post and still use 1/2" tool bits. Larger bits would allow a thinner spacer, but the AFE and AFI threading holders do not use standard tool bits and work fine with the spacer I made.

On the 5914m I mostly use 1/2 inch, but also 5/8 inch. Going to 20 mm would allow me to use old style (that is , for lantern tool posts) tool bit holders as well. What I now do is to install the original lantern tool post for that. Also useful for some cuts, as for a wheel blank on an arbor between centers.

If asked, I will measure my spacer.

Please do. The PeWe document I mentioned brackets the spacer thickness to somewhere between 6mm to 16 mm or so, but actual experience is useful as well.

I suspect the E size set would work on the 5914, but I already had the A size and never bothered to look into whether the E would fit.

I did look at E as well. While it would fit, it was far larger and thus more likely to get in the way, and my 5914 has a 2 HP (1500 watt) motor, which the A size handles well.

PS: The filename "Schnellwechselhaltergrundkoerper-DE-Mai2021.pdf" translates to "quick change holder base/foundation body".

Back