What's new
What's new

Create Toolpost - They're Not Responding

mathamattox

Aluminum
I've read some good things about Create Tool, a Chinese company, and their multi-fix toolpost. I would like to buy from them but after a few weeks trying to contact them through their website and a couple of email addresses I haven't heard anything. Anybody know what the deal is? There are a few toolposts on ebay that seem to be made by them, its unclear, and the shipping on those items are $130. Anyway, just curious if anybody has had luck ordering from them recently.

If you can't get a hold of them, you might look into 'AXA' brand from Germany.

Stahlhalter24 Multifix-Schnellwechsel-Drehstahlhalter made in Germany | stahlhalter24

The language barrier can be a bit of an issue but once I got my order placed it only took them a couple of days to get it mailed out. It was exported by the end of the week. The biggest wait was the cluster**** that is US Customs and Border Protection and USPS's Chicago facility. Took 3 or 4 weeks to make it through there.

I'm in the process of mounting it right now, but so far everything seems to be as it should aside from a little loose residue left over from the laser etching process. It wipes away very easily.

I bought the 'A' size and it seems to be reasonable for my 13" SB, if slightly on the small side. It should work well once I turn a 3/8" spacer to mount it on.

AXA or Pewe might be priced a little higher but I believe both test their holders against an original Multifix. I have original holders and posts as well as Pewe and all 16 or so of the Pewe fit all the posts so the quality is consistant if a little less than the original Minder stuff. The Pewe guy was complimentary about the AXA quality as his competitor for what that is worth. Dave

The German stuff is very good, and twice the price.

Yahbut.. when they export, "we" save around 25% VAT on top of that - most of the EU. Locals usally have to pay that.

The rest of the price is carrying a huge 'social costs" and tax burden vs PRC goods. Or even - "so far" - US made goods. Where there ARE any us-made options at all.

MariTool could probably make these. But if there are "many sizes" and each of them lasts near-as-dammit a "lifetime", how big is the actual market?

Create Tool is probably a "small potato" as the Chinese put it. One or two key people down, and they are crippled?

Yahbut.. when they export, "we" save around 25% VAT on top of that - most of the EU. Locals usally have to pay that.

The rest of the price is carrying a huge 'social costs" and tax burden vs PRC goods. Or even - "so far" - US made goods. Where there ARE any us-made options at all.

MariTool could probably make these. But if there are "many sizes" and each of them lasts near-as-dammit a "lifetime", how big is the actual market?

Create Tool is probably a "small potato" as the Chinese put it. One or two key people down, and they are crippled?

IRRC the last thread had an e-mail from Nina, she indicated that the owner had passed away (from old age, not covid) and they were trying to keep things going.

Create Tool is located in Wuhan.

Problem STARTED there, but by this late date, I don't think there is really any difference in exposure risk, one PRC city to the next.

The usual risks still exist, too of course. Age, health, accident.

Being able to pay the bills during times when bizness is impaired because suppliers and customers alike are impaired?

Shippers, even.

its 17% vat in germany now. if the seller is willing to deduct it, that is, not all of them are.

its 17% vat in germany now. if the seller is willing to deduct it, that is, not all of them are.

Value-Added Tax Rates | 2021 VAT Rates in Europe | Tax Foundation

Our sales tax looks lower and IS lower but there is a catch. VAT is partially recoverable from one stage to the next (I novated and operated a UK VAT-registered Corp some years ago.)

US Sales tax is not applied at all levels, end-luser, only but.. a used car? Applied every time it is sold.

Sales taxes in the United States - Wikipedia

"In theory" VAT is a reasonably fair system.

"In practice" it was "sold" to voters with the tale it was so reasonable it would replace all OTHER taxes.

As far as I know NO ONE ever repealed those "other" taxes. so they have to flow through, and there is no "clawback" on them at all.

VAT had just became one more add-on extra tax.

:(

Probably easier to judge "competitiveness" from the "outside".

Such as what does it cost for a US-made item vs a German or Italian made one if the customer is in South Africa, Brazil, Korea, or Japan.

When you factor in the shipping the cost of Pewe isn't much more than Create. A size A post and four 2090 holders cost me 244 Euro or about 300 USD plus shipping. I dealt by email with Peter there. Dave

I had the same problem with Create Tool, nearly 2 months trying to contact them with no response. I even tried Nina directly but have yet to get any reply.

Ended up putting a want add on this board and managed to do some trading for a multifix post. PEWE got my business for more holders. Their price is better than Amestra and AXA. Also after some inquiries I was not left 100% certain that those two companies holders are completely made in Europe so the premium price was not worth it to me.

Could it be they are buying them from Create ?

Pewe uses a different factory than Create. They moved when they had fit issues on some holders just as Create did. I don't know if that is resolved on the Create end. Euro standards for origin are loose compared to the US so I'm not surprised if there is some Chinese stuff in all of the choices now. Dave

Wait! Let me get this straight. You are posting on a BB where we aren't supposed to discuss cheap, import tools and asking why you are not getting any response from a CHINESE company that makes them?

Why not just make your own tool post with plans from a US company?

attachment.php

Not only does it have all the accuracy of the best tool posts sold, but It is the most rigid tool post of any design, bar none. It is almost impossible to imagine a design that would be more rigid. Although it is not apparent in the photos, it does have individual tool height adjustment in each tool holder. And it is easily scalable to any size lathe.

Finally, it features, hands down, the fastest tool change of any post sold. The tool holder is removed with a SINGLE motion of ONLY ONE hand. And the new holder is installed in exactly the same manner: ONE HAND and ONLY ONE MOTION. Absolutely no wasted motion and NO TOOL is needed to change holders so you never have to look for "that wrench". Therefore, it saves more time than any quick change tool holder on the market. And this is accomplished with absolutely no sacrifice in the positional accuracy when reinstalling a tool holder. You can use the same dial or DRO readings or carriage stops for multiple parts. No tool post is more accurate.

I created and sell those plans and I will always answer any questions posted either here or on the board where the plans are sold.

Quick Change Tool Post for Lathe - HomemadeTools.net

PS: The plans are not just drawings. They include a complete, detailed, text description of the construction process. I have had comments on how good they are. And if you have any questions you can always post them there. And I AM HERE EVERY DAY.

I've read some good things about Create Tool, a Chinese company, and their multi-fix toolpost. I would like to buy from them but after a few weeks trying to contact them through their website and a couple of email addresses I haven't heard anything. Anybody know what the deal is? There are a few toolposts on ebay that seem to be made by them, its unclear, and the shipping on those items are $130. Anyway, just curious if anybody has had luck ordering from them recently.

Wait! Let me get this straight. You are posting on a BB where we aren't supposed to discuss cheap, import tools and asking why you are not getting any response from a CHINESE company that makes them?

Why not just make your own tool post with plans from a US company?

attachment.php

Not only does it have all the accuracy of the best tool posts sold, but It is the most rigid tool post of any design, bar none. It is almost impossible to imagine a design that would be more rigid. Although it is not apparent in the photos, it does have individual tool height adjustment in each tool holder. And it is easily scalable to any size lathe.

Finally, it features, hands down, the fastest tool change of any post sold. The tool holder is removed with a SINGLE motion of ONLY ONE hand. And the new holder is installed in exactly the same manner: ONE HAND and ONLY ONE MOTION. Absolutely no wasted motion and NO TOOL is needed to change holders so you never have to look for "that wrench". Therefore, it saves more time than any quick change tool holder on the market. And this is accomplished with absolutely no sacrifice in the positional accuracy when reinstalling a tool holder. You can use the same dial or DRO readouts for multiple parts. No tool post is more accurate.

I created and sell those plans and I will always answer any questions posted either here or on the board where the plans are sold.

Spamming for fun & profits.net

PS: The plans are not just drawings. They include a complete, detailed, text description of the construction process. I have had comments on how good they are. And if you have any questions you can always post them there. And I AM HERE EVERY DAY.

Because Create tool has been vetted here.....

We've seen your toolpost many times before....:crazy:

Create Tool has been vetted here? I am sorry, but I did not know that. How was that done? When?

I do believe my tool post is among the best, if not THE best. I do not apologize for occasionally talking about it. Even if you are not interested, I usually get inquiries about it whenever I post about it.

Because Create tool has been vetted here.....

We've seen your toolpost many times before....:crazy:

Back