What's new
What's new

Cummins Dial Indicator

jknc

Plastic
I wasn't sure where to ask this question but I picked up 2 of these for very cheap - they felt very well made - I was curious if anyone knows who the actual manufacturer is? It looks like you can still by them from Cummins and resellers - but I can't find any info on who makes them. There is some small script on the front that says Made in England.

Thank you all!

IMG_20200323_204504.jpg
IMG_20200323_204513.jpg

I doubt they are anything too fancy.

They are likely part of a tool set to measure injector timing position.

As they are in inches they would be for a very old engine.

Everything Cummins has made since the early 80's has had timing specs in metric (not like you can't convert, but they supply direct reading indicators).

I doubt they are anything too fancy.

They are likely part of a tool set to measure injector timing position.

As they are in inches they would be for a very old engine.

Everything Cummins has made since the early 80's has had timing specs in metric (not like you can't convert, but they supply direct reading indicators).

Yep - agreed on all fronts - they do however feel amazing compared to my cheap craftsman :)

Not the same company that makes Diesel engines . Cummins tools are a different company

It is the same company.

That is a Cummins engine co logo. It's actually their modern logo too so I'm probably wrong about the age of these. They would be for an old design engine, but made in the past 20 years or so.

I was having a hard time reading the original post so I ran it through one of those online translators and here is what it said:

"I got a great deal (?) on these two dial indicators which in no instance could have a value over $200. They say 'Cummins' on them which has a great deal of panache what with it's association with my Ram truck which has a Cummins diesel engine and 3"-to-6" exhaust tip and no muffler at all. I'm rather excited over the whole affair and thought I would post a meaningless question over them so as to gloat in public."

I was having a hard time reading the original post so I ran it through one of those online translators and here is what it said:

"I got a great deal (?) on these two dial indicators which in no instance could have a value over $200. They say 'Cummins' on them which has a great deal of panache what with it's association with my Ram truck which has a Cummins diesel engine and 3"-to-6" exhaust tip and no muffler at all. I'm rather excited over the whole affair and thought I would post a meaningless question over them so as to gloat in public."

I paid $10/each and they appear to be accurate - as I noted in a later reply, they work/feel a lot better than my existing Craftsman version! I was hoping to find some more info on how they were made - looks like someone thinks they are Mercer brand so I'll investigate there.

Back