What's new
What's new

Current "Go to Company" for aluminum stocked in Houston???

doug925

Titanium
Hi all!

Given the economy in Texas over the past couple of years, the suppliers I have always turned to, are no longer stocking much of anything locally. Everything ~has~ to come down from Dallas, Tulsa, or Chicago.:skep::(

The usual suspects have rearranged their sales staff, stocking locations, stocked inventory, etc.
Now, I don't know whom to call for XXX, as I used to.

Trident = stocking in Dallas
Special Metals = Tulsa, or Chicago
EMJ= Houston, but dealing with them can be a real PITA
Lokey = Houston, but their stocked supply seems to be about 50% of what it was 3 years ago.

Who else is out there, that is still stocking 6061 round/ plate/ bar, in full stick quantities?

Don't get me wrong, Gulf Coast, Metal Supermarket, Morris Metals, Reliance, Thissen Krupp, all have their place in the list, but none are a good "catch all"

Can anyone share their go to company for standard, in stock, 6061 profiles?

Thanks,

Doug.

Hi all!

Given the economy in Texas over the past couple of years, the suppliers I have always turned to, are no longer stocking much of anything locally. Everything ~has~ to come down from Dallas, Tulsa, or Chicago.:skep::(

The usual suspects have rearranged their sales staff, stocking locations, stocked inventory, etc.
Now, I don't know whom to call for XXX, as I used to.

Trident = stocking in Dallas
Special Metals = Tulsa, or Chicago
EMJ= Houston, but dealing with them can be a real PITA
Lokey = Houston, but their stocked supply seems to be about 50% of what it was 3 years ago.

Who else is out there, that is still stocking 6061 round/ plate/ bar, in full stick quantities?

Don't get me wrong, Gulf Coast, Metal Supermarket, Morris Metals, Reliance, Thissen Krupp, all have their place in the list, but none are a good "catch all"

Can anyone share their go to company for standard, in stock, 6061 profiles?

Thanks,

Doug.

Eastern Metal Supply shows a location in Houston. They are one of my two main go to sources here in Atlanta, so I would definitely give them a shot over there.

Hell, while we're at it, Pierce Aluminum is my other, and they have a location in Broussard La. Depending on which side of Houston you're on, you may well still be within their delivery area.

Back