What's new
What's new

Custom washer(s) needed

indychuck

Aluminum
I would like a couple washers made and wondered if any members are available for hire on a small project.

The washer measurements and material desired are as follows:

304 Stainless Steel
.060 thick
O.D. of .750
I.D. of .445

Here are some images that illustrate how and where the washer will be used. The jam nut is starting to cut/dig into the bearing wall surface and I think a washer will prevent this from getting worse.

wilson3.jpg

wilson1.jpg

wilson2.jpg

I'd be thrilled to pay that vs. the $83 quote I received from Ameristar MFG.

Let's hold off on more than one at this point, I want to make sure it will fit, or I can send you the cutter of what the washer is to go on. This will ensure a proper fit.

THANKS!

$6.93 + shipping? I don't think you can any quoted for that price. Sounds to me like you are wanting a freebie.:nono:

I'd be thrilled to pay that vs. the $83 quote I received from Ameristar MFG.

Let's hold off on more than one at this point, I want to make sure it will fit, or I can send you the cutter of what the washer is to go on. This will ensure a proper fit.

THANKS!

He's indirectly suggesting that you order a pack of 25 from McMaster-Carr.....$6.93 + shipping cost....

He's indirectly suggesting that you order a pack of 25 from McMaster-Carr.....$6.93 + shipping cost....

"Wait....i thought he said he was 'gonna ....whaaat. um, i don't get it.
So he's going to make washers for the same price as MMC ?
if that's the case , couldn't i just buy them from McMaster myself?"

"i still don't understand."

"do you still need me to send you the part?"

Is anyone willing to make a couple washers with these dimensions for my Wilson trimmer? Fastenal, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. do not have anything with these dimensions. And custom washer fabricating shops want a minimum order of 100 or a significant amount of money for just 2 or 3 washers.

.060 thick
O.D. of .750
I.D. of .445

$6.93 + shipping? I don't think you can any quoted for that price. Sounds to me like you are wanting a freebie.:nono:

This is horribly written, can you please try again in re writing "I don't think you can any quoted for that price."

It makes absolutely zero intelligible sense.

It could be he or she has never heard of McMaster-Carr, while POS Grainger carpet bombs the radio air waves with ads, in all my adult life I have never heard nor seen a McMaster ad. In the pre-internet days you pretty much had to hear of them by word of mouth.

We are being trolled. His question has already been answered several times in this thread, plus he has started another thread asking the same thing in the Additive/3D Printing group.

Back