What's new
What's new

Cutting tool support IMCO

Terry Z

Cast Iron
Had a big ( in my world) steel machining job that was going to run a few weeks. Called support at IMCO for some advise on their tool usage. I was given numbers I thought would kill their tool. Boy how wrong I was, and he reduces my cycle time by a third or better and the tools lasted way longer than I expected. I machine mostly non metal and aluminum some steel.

I love Imco tools! I've done some 17-4 pre hard 4 th axis work with that stuff, used Imco tools and feeds and speeds and was shocked at how well it went. They're really all I buy in 4 flute config.

A friend who mostly does Inconel turned me on to Imco...yeah they hold up better then other manufacturers

I was given numbers I thought would kill their tool. Boy how wrong I was, and he reduces my cycle time by a third or better and the tools lasted way longer than I expected. I machine mostly non metal and aluminum some steel.

That's cool, but it's all relative.
Since you don't tell us what you're cutting, how you're cutting it and how fast.Someone starting out could say the same thing for a generic HSS end mill cutting Delrin.

Back