What's new
What's new

D’Andrea boring head problem’s

Peter Colman

Stainless
I have recently acquired a D’Andrea UAR 80 boring and facing head on a 30 int arbour, it is missing the part that fits between the arbour and the head itself. I need to get things apart to investigate. As far as I can see, I have to remove the arbour but how is it attached?
The net is no help so has someone got an instruction book or parts list that will put me in the right direction.
Thanks

Attachments

• 561520F1-8A9E-41DA-872F-339D2B742482.jpg
    561520F1-8A9E-41DA-872F-339D2B742482.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 79
I have recently acquired a D’Andrea UAR 80 boring and facing head on a 30 int arbour, it is missing the part that fits between the arbour and the head itself. I need to get things apart to investigate. As far as I can see, I have to remove the arbour but how is it attached?
The net is no help so has someone got an instruction book or parts list that will put me in the right direction.
Thanks

IIRC, you have to disassemble the head itself to get to the arbor, unlike the Wohlhaupter that has a differential threaded adapter?

BTW, have you reached out to D'Andrea, here's a link?

Keep in touch | D’Andrea S.p.A

Kevin

The D'Andrea automatic boring/facing heads (the ones with the hand crank) use a keyed shank held on with a socket head bolt. The bolt was accessed by removing the slide.

The UAR boring head may have the same design.

Back