What's new
What's new

d1-4 camlock 4 jaw chuck

Larry kirk

Plastic
Good morning hope this is in the right place i have a advance lathe with a 8" d1-4 camlock 3 jaw chuck with 3 locking pins i am trying to find the same set up in a 8"4 jaw d1-4 three pin 4 jaw with out spending a lot of money changing things any advice is helpful. THANK YOU

Check ebay, Shars, grizzly etc. Just make sure the chuck is native D1-4 not an adapter. D1-4 is a very common chuck mount there are thousands out there.
Mark you chuck before removal so it goes back the same way.
Bill D.

thanks bill the problem i am having is my 3 jaw is three pins and the 4 jaws are 6 pins i can't find a proper adapter plate i have not much time with these chucks

Then the ones you're looking at are not D1-4 but most likely D1-6 and that's your problem.

There are heaps of suppliers of D1-4 chucks out there, use that as a search term filter.

PDDW

If the 6 pin chucks are mounted on a back plate you could dismount them and attach to a D1-4 back plate. But a new back plate will cost around $100 fora no name brand that you have to machine A backplate mount takes up more room and mulitplys any spindle inaccuracy or backplate mounting inaccuracies.
Bill D

Back