What's new
What's new

Danly Posts-What is application please?

Cannonmn

Stainless
Found some of these and would like to know what they are usually used for. A couple of them have blued steel dome-end plugs inserted into the split end. These are 7-14 in. Long, various diameters, and most have an axial hole. One end is split by a 1/8 in. Cut a couple inches deep.

BB54019A-025F-42D1-8F8F-0B63E48A4691.jpgD2880BF9-670E-4CB0-8350-5DF0FB29DF54.jpg

The plugs are taper pins and pounded in to expand the pin to lock in place. Posts can be used with plain bronze bushings or ball cages and a steel bushing to guide die plates.

Dave

Thanks. The 48 pages at the link were useful, good explanations and graphics; even ID’d the ball cages I’ve been wondering about for a while, I had no clue they were for die sets. Wonder if I can find those again, then I’d see if any of my Danly posts fit them; good project for the next time I get snowed-in at work.

Really? In "Danly" packaging?

In my youth, I thought "Danlydieset" was but one word, hadn't a clue they made anything ELSE (did they?), nor even had any competition at it, they were THAT ubiquitous.

Seems like you mis-read my post where the quoted statement refers to the ball cages that came completely unmarked and without packaging, and in a different shipment than the Danly-marked items. If your whole purpose here is to pick apart whatever I post, have at it youngun’, you’ll have lots more opportunity I’m sure, but try harder to be accurate, since accuracy is important to most machinists.

Back