What's new
What's new

Darin Neagle (aka William Neagle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolmeonce2

Plastic
Hello, I am looking for information on the infamous Darin (aka William) Neagle and some machines he sold out of his shop in Belleville, AR. Haas has repossessed the DM-2 many of you have discussed, and he sold the Haas lathe. I'm looking for a large Haas mill (I'm trying to get the model information) and an older Taiwanese machine. He sold both to the same person. An Asian man who works for a large shop somewhere in the Pacific Northwest (Washington or Oregon) any information is appreciated. Thanks folks

Edited:
Darin (as9100d) had four machines.
Haas DM-2 - repo’d
Haas Lathe - sold legitimately
HAAS MDC-500 CNC VERTICAL MACHINING CENTER - sold while financed (defaulted on the loan)
YCI SUPERMAX XV560A CNC VERTICAL MACHINING CENTER - sold while financed (defaulted on the loan)

Last edited:
Your post needs clarification. It first says a person had two machines and one was repossessed, then it goes on to say the guy sold two machines. How did he sell two machines when he was only left with one? Also one would wonder your interest in the matter. If you are upfront you may get some answers if anyone knows anything.

Your post needs clarification. It first says a person had two machines and one was repossessed, then it goes on to say the guy sold two machines. How did he sell two machines when he was only left with one? Also one would wonder your interest in the matter. If you are upfront you may get some answers if anyone knows anything.

Nah, his post is pretty clear. He never said he had ONLY two machines. Just that the first two were repo'd by Haas (as was documented here when Dualkit figured out he was trying to sell machines he didn't actually own).

I’ll update the post, thanks.

Some yes, others no. But I’ll right what I can.

To add, Haas (CNC Associates) made me sign as a personal guarantor because we were married so I am on the hook for that, but nothing else.

Last edited:
Let me guess, he sold your machines without permission?

Yes, he sold someone’s machines without permission.

So you're on the hook for his good deeds now eh?

Some yes, others no. But I’ll right what I can.

To add, Haas (CNC Associates) made me sign as a personal guarantor because we were married so I am on the hook for that, but nothing else.

All is out in the open, if you look:

Attachments

• Foolmeonce2.jpg
    Foolmeonce2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 522
All is out in the open, if you look:

I apologize, I didn't mean to be misleading. I put that information in there to satisfy the account requirements for PM. Afterward, I received an email from my lawyer and she said it is fine to tell you I am his wife, but I can't share some details due to litigation.

Maybe pitch an "I married a conman" series to netflix.

Y'all wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Any information you super sleuths can come up with is helpful. I'll recap what I know:

* He sold the YCI and the HAAS MDC-500 to a large ish company in the Pacific Northwest that does at least some Aerospace work.

* The guy who made the deal and was authorized to purchase equipment was Asian and in his 30's.

I know that's not much to go on...

Whomever bought the machines had to pay for rigging. If you know the timeframe, address and the models of machines call all the riggers in the area. More than likely the buyer arranged the rigging and trucking.

The person that works for the rigging companies that estimates the jobs usually has a very good memory and great attention to detail. You want to talk to that guy.

Y'all wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Any information you super sleuths can come up with is helpful. I'll recap what I know:

* He sold the YCI and the HAAS MDC-500 to a large ish company in the Pacific Northwest that does at least some Aerospace work.

* The guy who made the deal and was authorized to purchase equipment was Asian and in his 30's.

I know that's not much to go on...

So, if the machines are found, they will be repossessed and the person your husband sold the machines to will be out a wad of money and you will be absolved of responsibility? Not sure of the legalize. Back in the day used machines did not come with pink slips, you assumed the possessor rightfully owned them.

In Ohio when you finance a machine the lender files a UCC with the state. When the loan is paid, the UCC is cancelled.

So, if the machines are found, they will be repossessed and the person your husband sold the machines to will be out a wad of money and you will be absolved of responsibility? Not sure of the legalize. Back in the day used machines did not come with pink slips, you assumed the possessor rightfully owned them.

I'm also curious what happens when they are found.

The finance company would have the serial numbers. Have you called Haas and asked about service history on those serial numbers?

In Ohio when you finance a machine the lender files a UCC with the state. When the loan is paid, the UCC is cancelled.

For whatever reason, no UCC was filed. I don't know the intricacies of these business deals, but I do know that.

I don't have any personal financial obligation for these machines. Yes, the company who purchased them would be the victim in this situation. At least it is not a small mom and pop shop. I was under the impression they employed over 100 people. The loss for them will be at least minimal and they should have the financial ability to pursue recourse if they wish.

For whatever reason, no UCC was filed. I don't know the intricacies of these business deals, but I do know that.

I'm not a lawyer, but the UCC filing is what attaches the machines to the loan- You don't pay, machines can be reposessed. If UCC wasn't filed then IMO whoever bought them from Darin owns them and maybe he could legally sell them?

He is/you are still on the hook for the loan in that situation.

I know a guy who sold his entire shop on contract. Building and machines. He forgot to renew the UCC filing after a few years, I guess it expires at a certain interval. The buyer started selling off machines to make the payments. The seller got wind of this and tried to stop him, but lawyers told him there was nothing he could do to stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back