What's new
What's new

Dead battery on Deckel FP4A

Hyperprapor

Plastic
I have an offer to buy this machine. It's in good condition, despite it was made in 1988. The only problem is a dead battery, as salesman stated: "Only the battery for the program is empty.". How bad is this? Is it hard to fix? And what problems is expecting me on this way?

Alternatively i've got this machines to choose from:
- AUERBACH / FUW 400 CNC, 1990, costs a bit more, but condition is... well. It works.
- Sharnoa, Type SVC 600, 1991. Price is the same, but it's a bit worn, and CNC - Steuerung Tiger 5. That's something not very common...
- Norte VS 300 W, 1992. The same price, 820 M Siemens, but its LARGE.
- MAHO MH 600 E, 1988. A bit older, CNC Philips 432 that also dries battery fast.

What control?
If this is a Dialog4 then dead battery is not an issue...No stored perimeters here so nothing is lost...executive program and all are
hard burned on e-proms
Could be something else wrong with the control , don't know if it won't power up...
FYI if its a Dialog 4 then there are 3 batteries in use....They need to be good to power the machine.

By the way there is a dedicated forum for Deckel on this board.....
Cheers Ross

Two of the batteries are "logic" batteries...thin wafer type and they are soldered directly to a circuit board in the control (1) and in the large electrical cabinet(1)

The largest one shown here is for the memory and program retention....Back side view:
attachment.php

Top view:
attachment.php

The third battery is found in the bottom of the operators station...originally this was a pack of 6 NiCad cells....
I sub a mobil phone battery for this.....7.2 volts, rechargeable

attachment.php

All are available from Franz Singer in Germany...
http://www.singer-werkzeugmaschinen.de/

Cheers Ross

Back