What's new
What's new

Deburring SS sheets and C channel

VaBob

Plastic
Was wondering what you guys would recommend for deburring a lot of Stainless plate and c channel. Just got a new piece of equipment in and they didn't deburred or chamfer any damn thing. It's a 38ft long machine that has lots of removable panels that need deburred, c channel frame/legs that also need deburred, and bolt holes and inspection ports that need chamfered.

What do you guys think is the best method/tool to use?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I have a Shaviv tool that has a sheet metal deburring end, its like a V-groove that cuts on both edges of thin sheet metal. And regular Shaviv tools work pretty good too. Of course files still work for deburring, and we use a lot of cratex wheels in an air grinder.

If you use any of the Shaviv-style deburring tools I'd also wear some tough leather gloves. It can be easy to let your fingers get a little to close to the (still sharp) workpiece as you're moving along.

I'm sure I could Google it, but I figure people here would have real world experience. I will look into that tool. How long do you think it will stay sharp? Do the make different sizes for different thicknesses?

Would you recommend a flap disk or grinding wheel rated for stainless?

Thanks again
Bob

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Back