What's new
What's new

delta vfd-b

ewaring

Plastic
Hello
I bought a used First milling machine to use in my garage on 200 volt single phase . I had the 550 v 3 phase motor rewound for 220 volt three phase and will run it from a delta vfd-bthat is feed from 220 volt single phase . Connecting the terminals isn't a problem.
The issue is the manual shows a few million programming choices . All I want is to supply 220 3 phase to the motor and have it run at the rpm it is deigned for . I would use the existing forward reverse stop switch the machine came with .
So the question I hope someone can answer is "what programming inputs do I need to do" ? This vfd just came out of the box new .
Looking at the Parameter Manual it looks like this device does a hell of a lot more than I need .

Thanks Ed

Hello
I bought a used First milling machine to use in my garage on 200 volt single phase . I had the 550 v 3 phase motor rewound for 220 volt three phase and will run it from a delta vfd-but that is feed from 220 volt single phase . Connecting the terminals isn't a problem.
The issue is the manual shows a few million programming choices . All I want is to supply 220 3 phase to the motor and have it run at the rpm it is deigned for . I would use the existing forward reverse stop switch the machine came with .
So the question I hope someone can answer is "what programming inputs do I need to do" ? This vfd just came out of the box new .
Looking at the Parameter Manual it looks like this device does a hell of a lot more than I need .

First of all, you need to rewire the Rev-Off-Fwd switch to control the VFD, and not to switch the three-phase from the VFD on its way to the motor, to prevent destruction of the VFD. The speed control can be done on the VFD panel, or one can wire up a 5Kohm or 10Kohm potentiometer to the VFD to control the motor speed.

All VFDs makes and models differ in details. All have far too many options, but most are defaulted and so need not be meddled with. In the Parameter Manual (which you need to read cover to cover), there are usually a number of simple setups discussed. If not, call the VFD manufacturer.

Back