What's new
What's new

DeVilbiss 225 Compressor

rangerdanger

Plastic
Good evening. I guess I'm the newest new guy. Thanks for taking the time for reading my post.
I have an older Devilbiss 225 compressor connected to 240v 30 amp that just runs like a champ!! Just recently it started giving me an issue. When I power it up, it runs until the safety valve releases and just keeps running. I can hold up on the switch lever on the side of the electrical controller and shut it off but, as soon as I let go, it comes back on again. What is causing this and, where can I get parts to repair it. I love this old compressor. Its quiet, fast and big enough to run most any tool I need it to.
Thanks rangerdanger

It sounds like your pressure switch is not releasing, or what controls it is not activating. Some pics might help us help you. Pressure switch is available from Graingers, depending on your capabilities, a repair person may be in order.

Thanks for the response. I have looked everywhere I can think of for a pressure switch and can not find one. I'll get pics but it wont be until Sunday. I'm out of town.

Back