DiAcro Press Brake Diagram
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default DiAcro Press Brake Diagram

we have a 35 ton DiAcro that I am trying to fix the adjustment on the pitman. I do not have a diagram or manual, so I am working blind. There is a height adjustment rod that connects both Pitman's worm screws. each has a bronze worm gear that moves a large screw up and down. Problem is that one worm gear is totally jammed, it wont turn and it wont come out. it appears that it should only be held in with a retaining collar, but after removing that nothing is budging. I am assuming that there is a broken tooth that is jamming the whole thing up, but it would help if I could see what the layout is. If I cant find a diagram I will take the other pitman apart, which is functioning properly, and see what the story is. I did soak everything in penetrating fluid tonight.
    Ultimately I can rig up a gear puller and force it but I don't like doing that and then finding that I sheared off some hidden retainer pin.

thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, I have a PDF version of a manual for smaller Diacro presses. Mine is 14 tons. If it is similar enough to be useful, I could send you that manual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not to hijack but would your manual be for a diacro 14/48-2? That is what I have and have been looking for a manual. If so could I bother you for a copy? Thank you in advance
    Boyd

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

KB thanks for the offer. we found our manual [25 and 35 ton].
    unfortunately it doesn't show the detail I wanted, so I am on plan B.
    I am pretty sure the retainer plate we already removed is intended to keep the gear in place thus what ever is jamming the rotation of the gear is preventing it from sliding out, [duh], but I always try to get a step ahead of these things so I don't damage something.
    thanks for your help

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by surplusjohn View Post
    unfortunately it doesn't show the detail I wanted, so I am on plan B.
    I believe Pacific Press bought the Diacro line. I called them about some missing parts for my machine. The parts guy didn't have the parts and wasn't too interested in making them, but he did scan the drawings for me. Very helpful service on an old machine.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Drroaster View Post
    Not to hijack but would your manual be for a diacro 14/48-2? That is what I have and have been looking for a manual. If so could I bother you for a copy? Thank you in advance
    Boyd
    Yes, it looks like I have the manual that covers the 14-48-1 and 14-48-2. E-mail me at jj AT aprsworld DOT com and I'll send it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got this fixed. had to go to plan d.
    anyways the worm gear is a bronze cylinder about 3 inches on diameter by 6 inches tall. international thread turns against a stationary lead screw. the whole thing turns in a cast iron pitman. the jamming got progressively worse until I could hang from the adjustment crank. I had hoped that the jamming was near the bottom but no it was at the very last millimeter. the only way I could get it out was wedging with cold chisels against shims. this took hours of tapping but eventually it worked. we cleaned up the gear of and w used a flap wheel on the I'd. greased everything up good and slipped it all back together. I am guessing a spec of grit or iron chip got between the gear and housing.
    the iron retainer collar broke so we made another by stacking up steel plates that had the screw holes counter bores and protruding ring all laser cut into 12 gage crs. worked perfectly.
    just giving a final report for others benefit

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm new here. I have a 48 ft 17 ton as well and I'm having hydraulic oil leakage. Will that manual help me.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

14 48 2 correction