What's new
What's new

Dimensioning parts sheet or data table

WILLTELL2388

Plastic
Hey guys im wondering how yall go about pulling dimensions from a drawing or solidworks file to a excel sheet. How is it done if possible? Right now im having to type every dimension in a excel sheet for every part that i make.

If the parts are similar enough, you can go the other way. Solidworks can use the configuration tool to pull dimension values from an excel spreadsheet and use them to make a superset of parts. The function is called "Design Tables" if you are interested.

Might be a little more difficult to make it populate the table from an existing model. I think it is possible, but probably more effort than simple data entry of the dimensions as they exist now.

Hey guys im wondering how yall go about pulling dimensions from a drawing or solidworks file to a excel sheet. How is it done if possible? Right now im having to type every dimension in a excel sheet for every part that i make.

Hey !

Stop asking the same question in multiple places:
Dimensioning parts sheet or data table

Also, the correct place to ask your question is in the "CAD/CAM section"....:nutter:

Sorry not everybody is on every thread like yourself. So putting it out there to get a faster response.

You've got it BACKWARDS....You've now started yet another in the Mazak forum.

I asked for more details in your original post.

But instead of monitoring it, you just keep posting.

BTW why "General" and "Shop management" and now "Mazak" forums ?

The right place to ask is the "CAD/CAM" section …..:nutter:

Others have tried your "saturation posting" technique, and all it leads to is you getting
"butt hurt" when members ask more questions, in order to clarify your request, but in all those separate threads, so they don't see your answer (of the same question) to someone else.

Try following along, instead of pushing the forum to fit your head.

Back