What's new
What's new

1" ER32 Collet??

rkward

Cast Iron
I would love to have an ER32 collet with a 1" opening. Does anyone know if such a thing exists. I have not found one using the web so far so most likely it does not. I did see on a previous post that someone had said the "2" "ER32" indicates the largest possible value is 20 mm ...

I seem to recall RegoFix or one of the other Euro suppliers do make an oversize or two for ER32, but I think it maxes out at 22mm. You would need to handle these with care: they will be easy to snap

There's just no way of pushing the envelope to make a 25mm ER32 - unless you find an extra dimension after z and before t
;-)

It is possible. Wall gets pretty thin and the collet itself gets pretty short. I have a couple and have toyed with the idea of selling them. I decided it presents too much liability.

It would be used for work holding rather than cutting tools and fairly low speed < 1200 rpm so I don't see as too much risk using this way. If you change your mind, drop me a PM ... Sure would help me out!

It is possible. Wall gets pretty thin and the collet itself gets pretty short. I have a couple and have toyed with the idea of selling them. I decided it presents too much liability.

I have metric ER32 collets up to 26mm. They work just fine, no problems.
I have never seen them so large in inches though. I would like to have a 1" too.

Large ER32 Collets

I have metric ER32 collets up to 26mm. They work just fine, no problems.
I have never seen them so large in inches though. I would like to have a 1" too.

If anyone is still looking for ER32 Collets larger than 20mm, including 1", then the ebay site for Gloster Tooling were advertising them recently.
eBay - Page Not Found

I would love to have an ER32 collet with a 1" opening. Does anyone know if such a thing exists. I have not found one using the web so far so most likely it does not. I did see on a previous post that someone had said the "2" "ER32" indicates the largest possible value is 20 mm ...

Hi I just saw these on ebay I don't know if they would work for you they are mm.
Here is the link

Oversized ER32 Collet - 21mm (53/64), 22mm (7/8), 23mm (57/64) or 24mm (15/16) | eBay

and the second link

Oversized ER32 Collet - 25mm (31/32") or 26mm (1-1/32") USA/Canada | eBay

The 32 or any of the other size numbers for ER collets refer to the OD, in mm, at the largest/front end of the rear taper. The front taper, which fits in the nut, will be just a bit larger than this: I don't have an explanation for that, but it is.

attachment.php

The size of the largest hole that a given series of ER collets can have is determined by that OD and by the geometry of the two tapers. It has nothing to do with the second digit of the nominal size.

I did see on a previous post that someone had said the "2" "ER32" indicates the largest possible value is 20 mm ...rkward

When looking at the tool holder. The theoretical sharp corner where the tapered bore meets the front face with be 32mm exactly. On the ER32 the other end of the taper bore should not be larger than .95" Id. If any larger coolant sealing collets may leak. So 1" ER32 collets will not pass thru the tapered bopre area, thus you can't swallow much depth.

Back