What's new
What's new

DIY counterweight for a low center of gravity project - recommendations?

cmel

Plastic
DIY counterweight for a low center of mass project - recommendations?

Working on a small sculptural project and need recommendations for a DIY counterweight to create low center of mass. I was thinking of using a non-toxic shot pellet mixed with epoxy/concrete. Any recommendations for a mix? Don't want to use lead shot. Perhaps bismuth shot? Any budget-friendly recommendation?

Sand or concrete are about as budget friendly as it gets. If you need density maybe concrete with whatever steel scraps fit in there?

Lead is a wonderful material. It's organic, natural, and still fairly affordable. As long as you don't plan to feed it to babies, it's awesome. Three cheers for lead!

Lead is a wonderful material. It's organic, natural, and still fairly affordable. As long as you don't plan to feed it to babies, it's awesome. Three cheers for lead!

You must be psychic or sumthin'?

Just as this post popped-up, I get a spam adverhooring message pop-up, in practically perfect sync:

Better-Butter Spreader with an exclusive 50% discount before it's too late...

Well.... trying to figure out just what combination of circumstances might make a butter spreader "too late"? Menstrual cycle don' seem relevant? I mean.. whom ever HEARD of a "butter spreader" pregnant out of wedlock? Cutlery-culture tribal religious practices as they are, one would expect arranged marriages in early childhood, or right at birth, even - put up in family sets as they generally be.

Guess I could ask on PM? Somebody 'ere must manufacture tableware? Is there an ERP system that assigns an "RDD" or "DDD" for goods nobody wants or orders?

Surely daytime Tee Vee ain't worth watching, is it?

You must be psychic or sumthin'?

Just as this post popped-up, I get a spam adverhooring message pop-up, in practically perfect sync:

Better-Butter Spreader with an exclusive 50% discount before it's too late...

Well.... trying to figure out just what combination of circumstances might make a butter spreader "too late"? Menstrual cycle don' seem relevant? I mean.. whom ever HEARD of a "butter spreader" pregnant out of wedlock? Cutlery-culture tribal religious practices as they are, one would expect arranged marriages in early childhood, or right at birth, even - put up in family sets as they generally be.

Guess I could ask on PM? Somebody 'ere must manufacture tableware? Is there an ERP system that assigns an "RDD" or "DDD" for goods nobody wants or orders?

Surely daytime Tee Vee ain't worth watching, is it?

Shh...I'm working on a "hot butter spraying gun".....:D

Better have good liability inch-hoorance.

Could find yerself accused of facilitating (m)ass rape?

Even crazygoats can only stand but so much before the ticket-seller is up for a cawfee break.

Please do not cornfuse "Hot butter spraying gun" with "Hot bacon spraying gun"....there
is a difference, liability and otherwise.....:D

Please do not cornfuse "Hot butter spraying gun" with "Hot bacon spraying gun"....there
is a difference, liability and otherwise.....:D

All I know is what the "big kids" brag about.. or read about in the funny-papers:

Boy Butter Personal Lubricants

Far as the other goes?

Just form 'em up, line abreast, call the Pipers to "Farewell to Jerusalem", and march 'em through the carwash at Royal Army regiment of foot thousand-mile-eating "standard time", 90 beat cadence to the minute for a Saturday night bath.

Whether they need it or not.

I'd reckon ANY swine would try to tell yah the very concept of "bacon" should be outlawed, let alone the harvesting of it!

Ever try to scratch your ass from inside a vacuum-sealed meat-case display package?

Best leave THAT kind of "pork" up to the Yew-Ass Congress. They ain't missed a trick at causing OTHER folk to lose their ass since s**ting on fingers was invented as a substitute for all-day suckers.

Old SS water type fire extinguisher, a heating element & bung, some time with the TIG torch and voila!

Naw...the proper application of melted butter to popcorn (in flight) involves proper
control of droplet size, shape & velocity.

Involving ultrasonics, ceramic nozzles, and accurate control of the projecting air.

I will add that I at one point wanted to construct a hot air popcorn popper, such that the popcorn would be blown into a bowl after popping to avoid burning. I did dabble with a direct butter injection system, but that only reached concept stage.

Back