What's new
What's new

Do you have access to OSAI WinMedia or MultiAx machines?

mwichary

Plastic
This might be a weird request. I don’t know much about CNC; I’m a designer working on a book about the history of keyboards and typing.

I am trying to locate a CNC machine with a specific distinctive keyboard, and to take photos of it. I am hoping to find one in the California area so I could visit personally (if possible), or perhaps find someone who could help me take some photos of it – if it’s more remote. It is such a beautiful keyboard and such a unique style that I think people would love seeing it.

It is a green, slanted keyboard that uses Comic Sans as a font. I know the keyboard is attached to OSAI 10, 110, or 510 Light machines, and also MultiAx machines D (door), L, M, P, and T (moving bridge). The keyboard is probably ~20 years old.

Would really appreciate any help you could help! Thank you so much in advance.

Here are some photos of the keyboard:

CNC%20keyboard.jpg

Multiax%20T%202708%20T%200115-3615.jpeg

multiax%20door%20machine%20d%20series-1.jpeg

I'm in the UK, and no longer work in the place that had the OSAI machines, but I can tell you now, they're horrible keyboards to actually work with. All the negatives of those weird chiclet keyboards that are on laptops, but with none of the ergonomic concessions - the key spacing is weird, and the knockoff comic sans style font on them is an eyesore.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm in the UK, and no longer work in the place that had the OSAI machines, but I can tell you now, they're horrible keyboards to actually work with. All the negatives of those weird chiclet keyboards that are on laptops, but with none of the ergonomic concessions - the key spacing is weird, and the knockoff comic sans style font on them is an eyesore.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Back