What's new
What's new

DoAll 16-3 Vertical Bandsaw with Hydraulic Table Motor Voltage Question

Will McRay

Aluminum
I have come across a DoAll 16-3 bandsaw with the hydraulic table. The data plate says it's 440V. I am looking for information on whether the motor is dual voltage or not. The seller sent me pictures but the only numbers on the motor are F106/3830, MG1000G27. The serial number is 124-59276 so it's a 1959 year model. Does anyone have information on this version saw.

Thanks in advance.

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a link to the manual...…

https://www.doallsaws.com/manuals/16-3 124-58101 to 124-60324 Parts Manual.pdf

I'm pretty sure the motor will be dual voltage? All of the DoAll saws I have had were dual voltage.

Kevin

Most of the DoALL motors are GE 12 wire motors. The field coils can be wired in series (high voltage) or in parallel (low voltage). Pull the wiring cover and count the wires if all else fails. Further, there should be a wiring diagram on the inside of the cover.

I have the same model saw and it was dual voltage

Attachments

• IMG_20180531_124825.jpg
    IMG_20180531_124825.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 176
Also, in case you didn't know, you need to run the varidrive speed down to the minimum (while the motor is turning) to be able to shift the trans as there is a lockout.

This is great guys! Thank you so much. I am finalizing the deal now. The seller did open the motor cover and there are 12 wires so this is dual voltage as you stated. More to learn about this machine but it looks to be in decent shape from the pictures. Thanks again!

Will

Thanks Steve. I am going to wire for 240. May have to reach out to you wiring configuration if I can find a diagram.

The welder will have a DBW number and there are a number of schematics

Here is a DBW 15 - possibly too low res to read

Attachments

• Elec Schematic DBW-15.jpg
    Elec Schematic DBW-15.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 144
  • Welder Feed Schematics.jpg
    Welder Feed Schematics.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Welder Feed Schematicscrop.jpg
    Welder Feed Schematicscrop.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 239
Does anyone have a copy of the manual for the 16-3 with my features and possibly the electrical schematic that I can get?

I have both manuals, but I got them from a basic web search. If you are not able to find them let me know

Back