What's new
What's new

DoAll 5815-5 milling machine

badwithusernames

Aluminum
A shop I work for is moving and considering downsizing some of their equipment. The main item is the milling machine which is massive. I have a nicely equipped Bridgeport lined up for them, and my biggest hurdle in selling this DoAll is that I can't find any info on it. Not weight, parts breakdown, nothing. Does anyone have any knowledge of this machine? Anything will help.
DoAll 5815-5
9.6 HP, 30A
SD

here's what I have.
40 taper if I recall, feels like it's over 4000lbs. IMG_3307.jpgIMG_0803.jpg
I've not reached out to DoAll yet, I just got news that we are downsizing this on Friday. A smaller machine will allow everything else in the room to shift by almost 3' which is huge. They've had it since they built lots of stuff they no longer produce, and it's just there because it's paid for. A nice Bridgeport will be more than adequate. Their downsizing has netted me a ton of nice gear, as I get first pick. But this is also way more than my meager needs justify.

A shop I work for is moving and considering downsizing some of their equipment. The main item is the milling machine which is massive. I have a nicely equipped Bridgeport lined up for them, and my biggest hurdle in selling this DoAll is that I can't find any info on it. Not weight, parts breakdown, nothing. Does anyone have any knowledge of this machine? Anything will help.
DoAll 5815-5
9.6 HP, 30A
SD

What a step down! Replace that behemoth with a wimpy little B Port!

Yes it is made by Anayak, and near 6000lbs . I used the same model for years, but don't have access to the info any more.
The head tips out so great for making dead plates for conveyors. The over arm also locks the head square to the table for horizontal.
The gearbox drives all 3 axis. Ours broke and we ended up putting on a variable speed motor on it.

Dave

Yes it is made by Anayak, and near 6000lbs . I used the same model for years, but don't have access to the info any more.
The head tips out so great for making dead plates for conveyors. The over arm also locks the head square to the table for horizontal.
The gearbox drives all 3 axis. Ours broke and we ended up putting on a variable speed motor on it.

Dave

Thank you, Anayak was the name that got me on the right track. It's an FU-205 and 2800kg/ 6172lbs. Interesting to see pics showing it can be set up as a horizontal mill too, now I know to keep looking for that hardware as we sort through 80 years of drawers and boxes.
Anayak Fu-205 and ANAK-MILL-12 Millers
I hope it's ok to link to another site's archives here
SD

Used one in training years ago. Nice mill. Didn’t know I couldn’t drill holes because we sure did. Just only at one angle ;-) Suspect Ray is joking about no sensitive quil…..

L7

It does not have a quill. Should have an outboard support for the horizontal arbor position. Might even have a support for the over-arm that mounts to the y axis. An option was anti-backlash to allow climb milling. The one I used was a 40 taper.
Fasteners are all metric.

Dave

Back