What's new
What's new

Doall milling machine

Vjhkeh

Plastic
Hello everyone, i bought a doall mill and i am having issues identifying it. could i get some help?IMG_0164.jpgIMG_0165.jpgIMG_0166.jpgIMG_0167.jpgIMG_0169.jpg

It looks to be a vertical mill. It would help to have the photos right side up. There will be a make and model tag somewhere (also has serial number); this is essential, so a photo is advised.

I know Anayak made some mills for DoAll, but that doesn't look anything like my Anayak "Exacto". Different head, different ram, different column...

Doc.

i can not find a serial number. the tag is gone. and the pictures are right side upon my end

i can not find a serial number. the tag is gone. and the pictures are right side upon my end

It's our end that counts. This problem happens to posters here, and they fiddle around and eventually figure out what to change. I've never had the problem, so don't know what happens. But others will likely chime in here.

well guess what there not on our end and it makes it hard to want to help when things are not in there proper orientation

Phones mark the position of the camera so they can display the image right side up, when the image is copied to outside the phone that marking can be lost or ignored by the software displaying the image. The best thing to do in my experience is to edit the image in an image editor (this also allow some judicious clipping and such) and saving as a new image. This tends to strip the camera data and leave the image in the saved orientation.

i have had some time to put into this mill and have realized that it is not metric thread. everything on it is standard

I've never seen one with the Doall name on it before and the head is a little different, but the base, ram and table are identical to my Rockford mill. These were also sold as Logan, Hedwick and Rock-Mill. Later they were taken over by Sundstrand who produced an NC version using paper tape control. There are posts you can find on PM by searching some of the other names, and there is more info and images on VintageMachinery.org

Davis

the head is a MS-77 variable sheave by T.B. Woods sons company in chambersburg pa.

The original Rockford had the motor in the base and a variable sheave driving a shaft aligned with the ram that turned a right angle gearbox in the head. The variable sheave was controlled by a crank on the right side of the ram. The head had a 2 speed gearbox for high/low range.

It's our end that counts. This problem happens to posters here, and they fiddle around and eventually figure out what to change. I've never had the problem, so don't know what happens. But others will likely chime in here.

I get sideways photos from friends I-phone products in email so that may be a problem on Apple's end.

Back