What's new
What's new

Does ANYONE know where i can find an 8 flute 90 degree countersink?

Midwest40

Plastic
Help!!! IM stumped as hell...Does anyone know where i can get an 8 Flute 90 degree countersink?

Yes its an 8 flute or maybee know as an 8 tooth countersink...At first i thought customer was talking about a woodruff keyseat cutter but that was way off..

Here is an image attached...hope i did this right...any help much appreciated :smoking: View attachment 221125

Help!!! IM stumped as hell...Does anyone know where i can get an 8 Flute 90 degree countersink?

Yes its an 8 flute or maybee know as an 8 tooth countersink...At first i thought customer was talking about a woodruff keyseat cutter but that was way off..

Here is an image attached...hope i did this right...any help much appreciated :smoking: View attachment 221125

Bought my one over the counter, from Vanoli AG, Thalwil, CH. Supplier, not maker, no klew who they got it from. If not Swiss, probably German.

Even in nasty Stainless, I've never run a better performing, cleaner-cutting, longer-lasting c'sink in my entire life.

Swiss and Germans alike probably larfin' over that. They do tend to spoil themselves with nought but the best 'coz they are too value-conscious to waste money buying crap tools three dozen times instead of good ones, less often.

Keo looks a safe-enough bet. MSC's are made where? Or even MMC's ones?

Why does the customer want an eight flute countersink to be used? The O-flute ones do a much better job.

I have a funny feeling there is no customer, and it's someone trying to get their post count up. Check their other posts.

Okay, I know it February, and all of us in the Northern hemisphere got the winter blues and cabin fever.

But a guy asks a simple polite question, so what if he's selling tools or whatever, I saw one mention of what he does when I went through his 4 posts and he gets shit for it.

Strikes me that some round here ought to don their snow shoes and head to town to get their HRT sorted out.

Okay, I know it February, and all of us in the Northern hemisphere got the winter blues and cabin fever.

But a guy asks a simple polite question, so what if he's selling tools or whatever, I saw one mention of what he does when I went through his 4 posts and he gets shit for it.

Strikes me that some round here ought to don their snow shoes and head to town to get their HRT sorted out.
I wasn't trying to be a complete asshole, but really. He posts a picture, and it clearly has the mfr name and part number written right on the shank. What was the point in posting such a question here again? If the op can't put a little effort into it, why should we give a shit?
It also seems that lately, the forum has adopted a number of members who are sitting on the edge of their chairs dying to turn every thread into a pissing match.
And lastly, I didn't want to seem like I was trying to rub it in, but for at least a couple months it's been in the mid '80's here. No need for snow shoes, just tropical rum drinks to sip out by the pool.

Did I mention it's been in the mid '80's here. Well, to be fair, a couple weeks ago it almost drizzled.

I am surprised no one seems to have questions about why a specific number of flutes. Several have said one flute is the best but why 8 instead of 4-7 or maybe 9 or more flutes. I supose it is tough to get more flutes on a smaller tool and a bigger tool calls for more flutes just to reduce the amount of dead space between teeth.
Bill D

Back