What's new
What's new

Doosan only forum

LockNut

Stainless
Hello Don and the rest of the forum, I was wondering if maybe the time has come to give Doosan it's own forum. What is everyone's thoughts on this, please?

I am asking as an applications engineer for Doosan and that is my real interest in asking. We have 3 or 4 guys here who can monitor the forum so things get handled in a timely manner.

Regards,
Paul

As I've said before when others have requested whatever MTB specific forum, it just dilutes the CNC subforum.

There are already too many MTB specific subs IMO, and every one that gets added just reduces the exposure of threads.

Get rid of the Toyoda forum. 51 threads since it was started 8-9 years ago.......lots of us Doosan owners out there.........

I suspect Baileigh pays for that privilege. Be nice to the folks that keep the grease on the wheels. Maybe Dooson should offer to do the same.. there is a linky on the home page for advertising..

As I've said before when others have requested whatever MTB specific forum, it just dilutes the CNC subforum.

There are already too many MTB specific subs IMO, and every one that gets added just reduces the exposure of threads.

Normally I'd agree 100 percent. Someone asking a question on machine specific board wouldn't get the exposure that you'd get on the CNC board. Chances are good a guy who could help but doesn't watch the specific boards isn't going to see the post.

Having said that it's not like you or I asking for a Doosan board. In this particular situation where it's an employee or employees that works for the actual machine builder are committing to watch the board then this is exactly who you want addressing the problem whatever it may be.

With folks like Paul and maybe Darryl Hardt along with other qualified professionals at Doosan answering questions on a specific board for Doosan machines would be like filtering out some nonsense.

Only thing is I don't know how much traffic the board would have on a regular basis? But it would be the guys you wanted to see your post about your Doosan 5 axis machine.

I don't know what the boss would think about this? The guy that mentioned advertising, I don't know about things like that either, maybe there would be some conflict of interest in that regard?

Regardless of the outcome I hope Paul continues to keep an eye on the CNC board from time to time?

Brent

Having said that it's not like you or I asking for a Doosan board. In this particular situation where it's an employee or employees that works for the actual machine builder are committing to watch the board then this is exactly who you want addressing the problem whatever it may be.

That's true, I hadn't considered that aspect.

From my own direct experience, I have a Doosan machine, and have asked a few questions about it on here. Almost all, if not all, of those questions really pertained to Fanuc, and not Doosan specifically. The answers to such questions usually come from people like yourself, AngelW, Vancbiker, Ox etc. i.e. not Doosan representatives.

I'd like to point out very clearly that this is in no way a criticism of slight against the OP or any of the other members that participate here in representation of Doosan, or any other MTB for that matter.

Simply that I am skeptical that these questions would ever have received answers (or at least answered to a similar degree of satisfaction) if they were hidden away in a Doosan specific sub, purely due to the reduced exposure.

Ultimately, I think my opinion is still that MTB specific sub forums really diminish the value of the forum as a whole.

That's true, I hadn't considered that aspect.

From my own direct experience, I have a Doosan machine, and have asked a few questions about it on here. Almost all, if not all, of those questions really pertained to Fanuc, and not Doosan specifically. The answers to such questions usually come from people like yourself, AngelW, Vancbiker, Ox etc. i.e. not Doosan representatives.

I'd like to point out very clearly that this is in no way a criticism of slight against the OP or any of the other members that participate here in representation of Doosan, or any other MTB for that matter.

Simply that I am skeptical that these questions would ever have received answers (or at least answered to a similar degree of satisfaction) if they were hidden away in a Doosan specific sub, purely due to the reduced exposure.

Ultimately, I think my opinion is still that MTB specific sub forums really diminish the value of the forum as a whole.

You make a lot of good points and actually swayed me back to agreeing with you against it. The specific builder boards are a ghost town. Its hard to beat the input from the large body of folks on the CNC page.

Brent

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm on the fence on this also but I do think we who support Doosan miss a lot of posts because they do get buried somewhat, especially when the post are about Doosan but "Doosan" is not in the title. Sometimes I happen upon these quite late and become no help to anyone when it's a few weeks down the road. I take this seriously not only as a representative of DMTA but also because I want to support those who buy our product and as a way of engaging more in this forum. We are all in this together. Recently there was a thread about a Doosan owner that complained about really poor service from his dealer support. While a Doosan specific forum might not not have helped entirely, it might have made his plight way more visible. Personally, I have no control over sales support or our dealer support but I might have been able to make this more visible had I known early on. Just my thoughts and whatever comes of my request, so be it. We are still here to support our product. And to add to this, Doosan management has no knowledge of my request. This is purely to have myself and Darryl Hardt and a couple of others be more visible to our customers.

Paul

I think the individual machine builder forums are more valuable when they are segregated by control type (Mazak, Haas, Okuma).

Seems like the CNC section is already dedicated to FANUC controls by default, so I don't see the need to separate out Doosan into it's own forum.

I suspect Baileigh pays for that privilege. Be nice to the folks that keep the grease on the wheels. Maybe Dooson should offer to do the same.. there is a linky on the home page for advertising..

Yup, and then they moderate it to only have "good" postings....

If any new forum, make the "off topic rumpus room" as I have described before.

Hello Don and the rest of the forum, I was wondering if maybe the time has come to give Doosan it's own forum. What is everyone's thoughts on this, please?

I am asking as an applications engineer for Doosan and that is my real interest in asking. We have 3 or 4 guys here who can monitor the forum so things get handled in a timely manner.

Regards,
Paul

You can't simply run a search for "Doosan" once a day sir ?

Or what are your real intentions ?

You can't simply run a search for "Doosan" once a day sir ?

Or what are your real intentions ?

So, I see the forum police man has reared his ugly head again. Everybody has an ulterior motive to you Doug? I do perform searches on Doosan but "Doosan" isn't always in the title or body of the post. What's your real intention? To police the forum to keep all the baddies out?

I’m looking at getting a VF2SS OR DNM 4500S. It would great to have forum subsection like the other brands when I have a question about the machine it self or controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back