Doosan only forum
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    440
    Likes (Received)
    434

    Default Doosan only forum

    Hello Don and the rest of the forum, I was wondering if maybe the time has come to give Doosan it's own forum. What is everyone's thoughts on this, please?

    I am asking as an applications engineer for Doosan and that is my real interest in asking. We have 3 or 4 guys here who can monitor the forum so things get handled in a timely manner.

    Regards,
    Paul

  2. Likes M.B. Naegle, david n liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1214
    Likes (Received)
    1301

    Default

    As I've said before when others have requested whatever MTB specific forum, it just dilutes the CNC subforum.

    There are already too many MTB specific subs IMO, and every one that gets added just reduces the exposure of threads.

  4. Likes yardbird liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pillager, MN
    Posts
    5,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1861
    Likes (Received)
    5173

    Default

    Get rid of the Toyoda forum. 51 threads since it was started 8-9 years ago.......lots of us Doosan owners out there.........

  6. Likes digger doug liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Posts
    170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    26
    Likes (Received)
    21

    Default

    Get rid of Baileigh while you’re at it!

  8. Likes digger doug liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Kansas
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    123

    Default

    I suspect Baileigh pays for that privilege. Be nice to the folks that keep the grease on the wheels. Maybe Dooson should offer to do the same.. there is a linky on the home page for advertising..

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4680
    Likes (Received)
    1618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    As I've said before when others have requested whatever MTB specific forum, it just dilutes the CNC subforum.

    There are already too many MTB specific subs IMO, and every one that gets added just reduces the exposure of threads.
    Normally I'd agree 100 percent. Someone asking a question on machine specific board wouldn't get the exposure that you'd get on the CNC board. Chances are good a guy who could help but doesn't watch the specific boards isn't going to see the post.

    Having said that it's not like you or I asking for a Doosan board. In this particular situation where it's an employee or employees that works for the actual machine builder are committing to watch the board then this is exactly who you want addressing the problem whatever it may be.

    With folks like Paul and maybe Darryl Hardt along with other qualified professionals at Doosan answering questions on a specific board for Doosan machines would be like filtering out some nonsense.

    Only thing is I don't know how much traffic the board would have on a regular basis? But it would be the guys you wanted to see your post about your Doosan 5 axis machine.

    I don't know what the boss would think about this? The guy that mentioned advertising, I don't know about things like that either, maybe there would be some conflict of interest in that regard?

    Regardless of the outcome I hope Paul continues to keep an eye on the CNC board from time to time?

    Brent

  11. Likes gregormarwick liked this post
  12. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1214
    Likes (Received)
    1301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yardbird View Post
    Having said that it's not like you or I asking for a Doosan board. In this particular situation where it's an employee or employees that works for the actual machine builder are committing to watch the board then this is exactly who you want addressing the problem whatever it may be.
    That's true, I hadn't considered that aspect.

    From my own direct experience, I have a Doosan machine, and have asked a few questions about it on here. Almost all, if not all, of those questions really pertained to Fanuc, and not Doosan specifically. The answers to such questions usually come from people like yourself, AngelW, Vancbiker, Ox etc. i.e. not Doosan representatives.

    I'd like to point out very clearly that this is in no way a criticism of slight against the OP or any of the other members that participate here in representation of Doosan, or any other MTB for that matter.

    Simply that I am skeptical that these questions would ever have received answers (or at least answered to a similar degree of satisfaction) if they were hidden away in a Doosan specific sub, purely due to the reduced exposure.

    Ultimately, I think my opinion is still that MTB specific sub forums really diminish the value of the forum as a whole.

  13. Likes yardbird liked this post
  14. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4680
    Likes (Received)
    1618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    That's true, I hadn't considered that aspect.

    From my own direct experience, I have a Doosan machine, and have asked a few questions about it on here. Almost all, if not all, of those questions really pertained to Fanuc, and not Doosan specifically. The answers to such questions usually come from people like yourself, AngelW, Vancbiker, Ox etc. i.e. not Doosan representatives.

    I'd like to point out very clearly that this is in no way a criticism of slight against the OP or any of the other members that participate here in representation of Doosan, or any other MTB for that matter.

    Simply that I am skeptical that these questions would ever have received answers (or at least answered to a similar degree of satisfaction) if they were hidden away in a Doosan specific sub, purely due to the reduced exposure.

    Ultimately, I think my opinion is still that MTB specific sub forums really diminish the value of the forum as a whole.
    You make a lot of good points and actually swayed me back to agreeing with you against it. The specific builder boards are a ghost town. Its hard to beat the input from the large body of folks on the CNC page.

    Brent

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    440
    Likes (Received)
    434

    Default

    Thanks for the input everyone. I'm on the fence on this also but I do think we who support Doosan miss a lot of posts because they do get buried somewhat, especially when the post are about Doosan but "Doosan" is not in the title. Sometimes I happen upon these quite late and become no help to anyone when it's a few weeks down the road. I take this seriously not only as a representative of DMTA but also because I want to support those who buy our product and as a way of engaging more in this forum. We are all in this together. Recently there was a thread about a Doosan owner that complained about really poor service from his dealer support. While a Doosan specific forum might not not have helped entirely, it might have made his plight way more visible. Personally, I have no control over sales support or our dealer support but I might have been able to make this more visible had I known early on. Just my thoughts and whatever comes of my request, so be it. We are still here to support our product. And to add to this, Doosan management has no knowledge of my request. This is purely to have myself and Darryl Hardt and a couple of others be more visible to our customers.

    Paul

  16. Likes serview liked this post
  17. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    18340
    Likes (Received)
    4293

    Default

    I think the individual machine builder forums are more valuable when they are segregated by control type (Mazak, Haas, Okuma).

    Seems like the CNC section is already dedicated to FANUC controls by default, so I don't see the need to separate out Doosan into it's own forum.

  18. Likes Jashley73 liked this post
  19. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aejgx6 View Post
    I suspect Baileigh pays for that privilege. Be nice to the folks that keep the grease on the wheels. Maybe Dooson should offer to do the same.. there is a linky on the home page for advertising..
    Yup, and then they moderate it to only have "good" postings....

    If any new forum, make the "off topic rumpus room" as I have described before.

  20. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LockNut View Post
    Hello Don and the rest of the forum, I was wondering if maybe the time has come to give Doosan it's own forum. What is everyone's thoughts on this, please?

    I am asking as an applications engineer for Doosan and that is my real interest in asking. We have 3 or 4 guys here who can monitor the forum so things get handled in a timely manner.

    Regards,
    Paul
    You can't simply run a search for "Doosan" once a day sir ?

    Or what are your real intentions ?

  21. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    440
    Likes (Received)
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    You can't simply run a search for "Doosan" once a day sir ?

    Or what are your real intentions ?
    So, I see the forum police man has reared his ugly head again. Everybody has an ulterior motive to you Doug? I do perform searches on Doosan but "Doosan" isn't always in the title or body of the post. What's your real intention? To police the forum to keep all the baddies out?


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •