What's new
What's new

Doringer Cold Saws

Ok before the bad words to me, I do not sell these and have nothing to do with them.
But I had a chance to use a Doringer cold saw over the past week, and was very happy with the way it worked. I looked at the prices and they seem to be right in line with any other cold saw, and these are MADE IN THE USA!
I saw them at IMTS and got some information on them, and happened to be in a shop on Saturday that had one.
I might try to sell them since they seem like very good machines, but this is not a plug for me. I deal with a lot of good foreign equipment, but when I find something that is made in the USA for a reasonable price, that is even better. Just mentioning something that I was happy with the performance, that was made in the USA.

Doringer used to be the US rep for Haberle Cold saws, which are German. I have a Haberle that was originally sold by Doringer, and I use them for sharpening services. I have nothing but good things to say about Doringer the company.
Their current, US made saws appear to be very close copies of the Haberle saws.
If you do inquire about selling them, you might ask about why that is- did they licence the design, copy it, or what?

My Haberle is one of my favorite tools- built like a tank, works really well.
I would assume the Doringers are similar.

They are great...if they have not changed the switch since I bought mine(about 10 years ago) they break every 6 months or so...other than that I was very pleased with the saw and the help I got from them.

The germans must use better switches- because my Haberle, which LOOKS exactly like a Doringer, has been using the same switch, without any problems, since I bought it in 1990 or so, and I got it used.

Back