What's new
What's new

DP reconditioning. Need assistance

Chrisboon

Plastic
Hi
As stated before I am reconditioning a Strands DP.
I have removed and cleaned the gearbox ready for painting.
I now have a problem removing the motor armature.
As can be seen in the attached photos I can either remove the rear drive gears and bearings which i am hesitant to do.
The alternative is removing the front bearing housing. t do this I have to remove the plate in front of it. I can try a bearing puller but am afraid of breaking the cast iron bearing housing.
I am hoping that someone has had a similar problem and can advise me on what I can try to remove the armature.
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• Strands DP Armature. Bearing housing with plate on shaft.jpg
    Strands DP Armature. Bearing housing with plate on shaft.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Strands DP Armature. Bearing housing with plate to be removed.jpg
    Strands DP Armature. Bearing housing with plate to be removed.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Strands DP Armature. Bearing housing.jpg
    Strands DP Armature. Bearing housing.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Strands DP rear drive gear.jpg
    Strands DP rear drive gear.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 51
Hi
As stated before I am reconditioning a Strands DP.
I have removed and cleaned the gearbox ready for painting.
I now have a problem removing the motor armature.
As can be seen in the attached photos I can either remove the rear drive gears and bearings which i am hesitant to do.
The alternative is removing the front bearing housing. t do this I have to remove the plate in front of it. I can try a bearing puller but am afraid of breaking the cast iron bearing housing.
I am hoping that someone has had a similar problem and can advise me on what I can try to remove the armature.
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

(Wilton) Strands-Rosenfors /Arboga DP info is all over the net, factory archives and dealer archives included. Also you-tubes.

Is there really a "mystery" not already covered by your Go ogl'ing or what the photos indicate is already "in your face", up close and personal?

"Afraid" or "hesitant" are not in the manuals.

One just has to be careful and do the extra work if it reduces risk of damage.

On ANYTHING.. not just DP's.

TANSTAAFL

Hi TANSTAAFL

Thanks for your post.
I did Google and found a lot of info but not what I need.
I was hoping someone has done this before and could give some advice.
I WILL get this sorted as I have always done. I am also always careful when doing work that can cost me money or in this case, most likely an unobtainable part. Actually I am usually careful in anything I do.
By the way on this specific DP, a Strands CS 30/2 there is about zero information. A few odd photos but that is all. I do get some diagrams of the CS 30/3 but of no help to me.

Thanks again
Chris

Back