What's new
What's new

DRO Issues

fallen

Plastic
Greetings,
I have an issue with an SDS6-3v DRO. I have it set to mill_3, for 3 axis mill. The problem I am having is the Y axis is reading wrong. If I move the Y axis .250" the DRO reads half the distance. Like it is stuck in lathe mode. I have tried the manuals online but they are written in Chinglish and are no help. I have tried several things. I have tried so many things that I honestly can't list them all. When the DRO was first hooked up, the Y axis would read in a weird manor. I moved the DRO .250" and it read 2.5". I somehow managed to set it to the current problem of reading only half the distance of movement. I am really stuck here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

its a resolution issue. The y axis is set for a different resolution than the encoder.

for example: if you have the readout configured for 0.0005" encoders and your actual encoder is 0.001" you'll get a reading half what it should be. A quick look at the manual seems to indicate its easy to set.

That makes perfect sense. The encoder for the Y axis is a 1 micron and the x axis is a 5 micron. Is the micron the resolution number?

Back