What's new
What's new

DRO For Manual Lathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Severance

Plastic
Im new here so i hope this is the right place for this thread........

Could anyone offer some suggestions on a good quality but relatively inexpensive(i know. rarely possible) DRO unit for a 12x36 Grizzly lathe. Its a G40036. Will DIY install be an issue?

Thanks in advance

Well it's not, this thread will be locked and shut down soon. The problem with your thread is it's on this website. You should have read the site rules to begin with, but hey a lot of people don't read rules, just take your questions to the home shop machinist forums ( I think it's called), there are quite a few hobby websites out there, here is just not the place for questions about that machine and the likes. To send you on your way without a answer wouldn't be right. Normally good quality and cheap have no correlation. Mitituyo is nice and quality, but probably the same or more then the cost of your lathe, so that doesn't make much sense, just an idea. For the el-cheapo DRO's you can easily goog them or fleabay them, there all over the place and you can base your decision on feedback/reviews easily enough. You could get a cheap one for probably somewhere between $300-$500. Then your going to have to install it, probably will need a thread for that too, home shop can help or goog. Hope I've been some help, now get the hell out'a here!(just kiddin) good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back