What's new
What's new

Dura-Bar vs Versa-Bar

aandw1933

Plastic
New to this site and the industry.

Can anyone help with a little education what the differences are for the Dura-Bar and Versa-Bar continuous cast iron and bronze products and services?

Why choose one over the other? Is it material, availability.......who do you like best?

Thanks in advance of your replies.

Bill

Dura-Bar is commercially available.

Versa-Bar is not, it's proprietary AFAIK.

I suspect that you work for them........:toetap:

Dura-Bar is commercially available.

Versa-Bar is not, it's proprietary AFAIK.

I suspect that you work for them........:toetap:

Let's play a leetle game...
1. You say how wonderful durabar is, and how bad Versa bar is.
2. I will doo the opposite, and let's see who the spammer defends and who they slam.

Heeeeere we go.......

Dura-bar is the greatest material known to mankind. It is only a matter of time before it replaces all applications for titanium, Inconel, stainless, leaded bronze, and aluminum. It is heat restistant to 6000 deg. F but can be heat-treated at only 1200 deg. It is easier to machine than 12L14 but harder than woodpecker lips in the field. You guys all need to buy from ME because the world's supply will vanish as soon as everyone learns about the marvelous properties of this fantastic material.

Your turn, Doug. :D

I love the curiosity in my intentions....truth be told, I am in the interviewing process for a position at Dura-bar. Been doing my research and along the way trying to understand, among many things, advantages/disadvantages among competitors. That's it....research for my next round of interviews so I wanted far more experienced people to educate me...thanks!

I love the curiosity in my intentions....truth be told, I am in the interviewing process for a position at Dura-bar. Been doing my research and along the way trying to understand, among many things, advantages/disadvantages among competitors. That's it....research for my next round of interviews so I wanted far more experienced people to educate me...thanks!

So why not post this ^^^ first, and be honest & upfront with us ?

And why the double posting ? Saturation bombing as it were.

You'd better be "Honest & Upfront" during your interview....

AFAIC your credibility just went out the winder.....

Now it's on the tip of my tongue ??????????????????????????????oh what is it now????????????????? ..gotcha! BULLSHIT

So why not post this ^^^ first, and be honest & upfront with us ?

And why the double posting ? Saturation bombing as it were.

You'd better be "Honest & Upfront" during your interview....

AFAIC your credibility just went out the winder.....

Seems like he's positioning himself for a sales position. If so, no mas.

Heeeeere we go.......

Dura-bar is the greatest material known to mankind. It is only a matter of time before it replaces all applications for titanium, Inconel, stainless, leaded bronze, and aluminum. It is heat restistant to 6000 deg. F but can be heat-treated at only 1200 deg. It is easier to machine than 12L14 but harder than woodpecker lips in the field. You guys all need to buy from ME because the world's supply will vanish as soon as everyone learns about the marvelous properties of this fantastic material.

Your turn, Doug. :D

And here I only liked it because it wasn't full of inclusions, chill spots, etc. Little did I know it was the miracle material of the future. Should be called Wunda-Bar...

So Zippy...which one you going for ?:
Workday

I think "Billet Conditioner" is just about right for YUU.

It pisses me off when someone asks for information on this forum when he could have gotten the answers from a quick internet search.

It pisses me off when someone asks for information on this forum when he could have gotten the answers from a quick internet search.
Maybe not this case, but often times the conversation brings up tidbits you never know you needed to search. Hence, PM may be more informative.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Maybe not this case, but often times the conversation brings up tidbits you never know you needed to search. Hence, PM may be more informative.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Honesty would have brought the OP what they wanted now wouldn't it ?

Back