UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default E-commerce Website for Tooling

Good morning All,

I wanted to get your feedback on what you would want from an e-commerce website that is machining focused.

We all are aware of the troubles of MSC. Overpriced, website continues to get worse some how. Cross reference you can’t beat it but short of that and quick delivery they don’t offer much. They offer “deals” on certain days and with coupons but that is such a game. Who wants to wait until a certain day to get a “Deal”.

McMaster is nice and reliable. Best website on the market I would say. There are limitations however as they don’t really offer a selection of brands and their pricing can be high. Sometimes it’s good but a lot of times is just ok.

There are a lot of seemingly small companies with websites that.... aren’t good at all. Visually or selection wise. A lot of them offer something good usually decent pricing.

Mari Tool has a very nice website That sells top notch products. Shout out to Frank. I can tell his focus is the holders. With a nice variety of tools.

So above our my thoughts on what the market is like. I would like to get your feedback on what you would want out of an e-commerce website that focuses on cutting tools, work holding, tool holding & abrasives.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maine
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just copy McMaster, no one else comes close. Their system does handle multiple manufacturers, for example with adhesives.

3. Likes Shop Supply Guru, toolmaker96 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Same thing here, anything close to McMaster in terms of finding the item you are looking for and providing detailed information about it.

You could perhaps beat McMaster with more predictable shipping cost. I prefer to see ahead of time that adding an item to the order will double the shipping cost or perhaps it will add no extra shipping cost at all.

And, I, for one, don't mind deals! I used to like the Enco way.

Jacques

5. Likes Shop Supply Guru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mcmaster has everything easy to filter easy to know when stuff is showing up and best of all no bs price the price is what it is

7. Likes Shop Supply Guru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shipping to Australia.

9. Likes Shop Supply Guru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I use Harvey Tool for specials, things are easy to find on the website with lots of pictures and dimensions and pricing. Same with Mari tool and YG1.

11. Likes Shop Supply Guru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These guys have one of my favorite cutting tool websites for ease of finding what I want: MITGI | Precision micro cutting tool manufacturer since 1993.

I understand the layout might not work as well when we're discussing the larger variety of products you rep, but I figured I'd throw it out as an example.

13. Likes Shop Supply Guru liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys for the thoughts. At first my thoughts are go with a Harvey style catalog. I'm not web design guy but I think their design would be easier to achieve compared to the best website on the market.

A set pricing model I also believe is the way. Best price no hassle that people can trust.

Anything else let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Accept Paypal.

16. Likes Admin5, Shop Supply Guru liked this post