What's new
What's new

Edge finder

rcavalieri

Plastic
quick question in our shop I found a old school manual edge finder with a flat ground on it on the dia. that you touch off with when I asked who did this we have a spit decision half say it is for hearing it when touching off and the other half say never heard of that, Is this something new ? has anyone else done this or is this something someone came up with that is crazy ?

Thanks in advance for helping break the tie. RC

It's an audible edge finder. I've never bothered using it myself since I trust my eyes more than my ears especially with noisy machinery all around.

quick question in our shop I found a old school manual edge finder with a flat ground on it on the dia. that you touch off with when I asked who did this we have a spit decision half say it is for hearing it when touching off and the other half say never heard of that, Is this something new ? has anyone else done this or is this something someone came up with that is crazy ?

Thanks in advance for helping break the tie. RC

Relying on these edge finders (lights/sounds) is not recommended.

It's an audible edge finder. I've never bothered using it myself since I trust my eyes more than my ears especially with noisy machinery all around.

No it is a reg. manual edge finder not audible someone was trying to make it audible by making the flat ??? not sure why

Back