Electrical Sub Panel Recommendations Wanted - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So when I started the renovations step one was demo and almost all the wiring was removed. The previous owner had built an apartment inside the shop. They also put up 2x4 walls over all the block and ran romex inside the walls. I sectioned the shop into two halves and demoed half of it down to the bare block.

On the walls I went down to block I painted and hung conduit. So far those two circuits were very simple in requirements. One 50amp 240 1ph run for welders and two 20amp circuits run 3’ high without 4 outlets every 8’.

Moving into the second half of the shop I am dealing with the 3ph stuff. Like I said I will post some more pictures to better show what my layout is and what other stuff I want to add.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    With the high price of zinsco breakers doent that mean they are better?
    It means they save some of that extra money to pay off lawsuits when they burn the house down. They use aluminum bus bars. Mine got to sound like frying bacon. The electrician replaced the bus bars with copper and about 1/2 the breakers with burnt buss bar connections. He said it should be fine? He had the buss bar stock in his truck already. Lucky our. house came with a one year insurnace policy. It did not pay for the stove, they claimed the thermostat must have never worked.
    Bil lD

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was being sarcastic.
    One of the first things I did when I got this house was to change out the junk zinsco panel. I have no love for that crap. Recently I needed a new main (meter) panel and I want to remember some of the newer panels are now with aluminum buss bars. Could have been plated...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jermfab View Post
    ... Anyhow, follow the [NEC] book, it’s very simple. ... Jeremy
    I thought I was smart until I tried to understand the NEC book. In fact, I got an "Understanding the NEC Book" book, and that helped greatly.

5. Likes wheelieking71, kustomizingkid liked this post