What's new
What's new

Shout Out For Excellent Service

Nitromahn

Aluminum
My shop is slowly growing machines!

I do not know if this is the appropriate forum for this, if not, please feel free to move.
This is an example of excellent customer service after the sale by Tom Ahlert, Owner of River Road Machinery.
I bought this grinder from him when I found it advertised on eBay on May 20th of this year. It arrived Friday July 12th, and I picked it up today to bring into my shop. That's how long it takes to get something up from Van Buren, Arkansas to Bethel, Alaska.
Okay. I asked Tom to box this up special to make sure it survived the trip. He asked me for $75.00 additional, which I thought was reasonable at the time. This is what he did:
Grinder Unboxing.jpg
He placed the grinder on an extra large pallet, a 4'x4 1/2', with the base to the right in the photo. 1x2's were nailed to the inside, outside, and sides of the lip of the base to keep the machine from sliding around. a couple of 2x4's were nailed to the outside of the wheel housings, and under the motor for support, while two steel straps were fixed around the center of the pedestal to keep it attached to the pallet in case someone wanted the flip the whole assembly upside down.
Lastly, as you can see, two boxes were flipped upside down over the machine with the ends nailed down with scrap lathing, and LACED together with waxed cord to keep the machine protected. I have never seen such a thing. Of course the obligatory shrink wrap for a tidy appearance rounded out the finished pallet.

This is what it looked like on the 'Bay which gives no real indication to a newby like me as to the true size.
Grinder Front.jpg
Here it is just off my truck; not your average bench grinder. :)
Grinder Here.jpg
Total bill is:
Grinder: $415
Ship to Seattle: $455
Ship to Bethel, Ak $628
$1498

Van Buren is relatively close to me, particularly in this barren landscape of machinery.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back