What's new
What's new

Enterprise 10 Mysore Kirloskar questions

kilohertz

Aluminum
Hi guys,

I have found an Enterprise 10 x 24 lathe, it's something that should fit in our small shop until we build the new shop, but I have only been able to find a few threads about this company, and can find no documentation at all on it. I found a few people who said they have manuals scanned and I have PM'd them, but some haven't been active for a few years...and no replies.

I have found it is made in India, the larger lathes seem to get favorable comments, but they are the monsters...wondering how these little lathes are for quality? I imagine parts are no longer available so hopefully this one is in good shape. Heard they may have used cast gears and have read they may be of questionable quality. This machine is almost a 2 day drive away so I would like to know as much about it as possible before making a commitment.

So, anyone with experience with these, or have documentation you could email me?

Please and thanks.

Cheers

I started out with that brand of lathe. I think maybe it was 12 or 13" swing. It was fairly heavy and had the inch/metric thread capability with the change gears. That got old quick, changing those end gears for imperial and metric threads. When you're trying to be a profitable business, you grow to hate time wasters like that. I thought the lathe was fairly heavily built for its size. Never broke anything on it so never needed parts. I just outgrew it in a couple of years and went for the 19" Summit (they were good lathes back in the 80's). By then I knew what I wanted, and that 4" spindle hole and inch/metric at the flip of a lever.....that was wonderful.:)

I recently purchased a 15x40 Enterprise Mysore Kirloskar for my personal home shop. I purchased it because it had inch and metric threading and lots of goodies to go with it. I haven't used it much yet but have been pleased with it on a few small projects. I found a paperback users manual on amazon for it that has been informative.

Thanks guys appreciate the hands-on feedback about the machine. I just received a copy of the manual in PDF from the Canadian distributor a little difficult to read but certainly has all the information I needed. It looks like a pretty good machine, just need to figure out a fair price. Asking is $1000. Thanks

I found some pictures of it in an old ad. Here they are to complete the story.

Cheers

Attachments

• 3622352-1-1.jpg
    3622352-1-1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,287
  • 3622352-2-1.jpg
    3622352-2-1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,194
  • 3622352-3-1.jpg
    3622352-3-1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 289
It's as I thought, looking very much like a Jet 1024, and not looking much related to the Enterprise lathes I've seen. Of course Jet is just an importer and many dozens of manufacturers in Taiwan made lathes just like this in the 80's, so I wonder if it was rebranded.

im looking at one of these at the moment. so was it decided if there worth getting because i cant really find anything that says whether or not its worth buying? Im not a machinist and this would be the first lathe iv owned and im having a hard time finding info. any help would be greatly appreciated. here are some pictures of the one im looking at.

56775691_10215745625406180_5223853986368454656_n.jpg
57039969_10215745618726013_6352920362145021952_n.jpg
56890279_10215745618246001_489303376102686720_n.jpg

I expect you know the story of the maker......the lathes are OK ......like any lathe,a thorough inspection is essential before buying,unless the price is a giveaway......and make sure you get the accessories .......2 x chucks 3&4 jaw,Ix faceplate,1x catchplate,1x travelling steady,1x fixed 3 point steady......preferably all the bits and pieces being used with the lathe,especilly a collet chuck and collets..............its just another Asian lathe,so not worth any premium for brand name.

this is a photo of some of the stuff he is selling with the lathe.

56952714_10215745618566009_4275766850861662208_n.jpg

he says 'Three and four jaw chucks face plate and assorted bits and pieces'

Looks like the steady and follower rests are there, that’s good, they can be hard to find . If it works, go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

so i decided to take the chance on it and it seems to have paid off, the lathe is in great condition and i havent found anything wrong with it at this point. if some one has the manual for this lathe i would greatly appreciate it.

so i decided to take the chance on it and it seems to have paid off, the lathe is in great condition and i havent found anything wrong with it at this point. if some one has the manual for this lathe i would greatly appreciate it.

Great! keep us posted on your progress with it. I am pretty sure these were made in India, not Asia and from what I found they were under rated and actually are quite well built.

I have the manual, PM me your email and I'll send it along.

Cheers

Great! keep us posted on your progress with it. I am pretty sure these were made in India, not Asia and from what I found they were under rated and actually are quite well built.

I have the manual, PM me your email and I'll send it along.

Cheers

Can you send me a manual Enterprise mk 2 flat belt driven I think 13 x 40 lathe
Thank you

Back