ER16 collet set with 3/4 shank
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default ER16 collet set with 3/4 shank

I see that Travers Tool has an ER16 collet set including a 3/4" x 6" long straight shank holder and spanner wrench for a sale price of about $155. It says it is made in Italy. The collet nut looks to be about 7/8" dia, maybe a little larger in the photo. No obvious spec on that. I would like to know if anyone has experience with this kit, or recommendation/insight. It seems attractive from a cost standpoint, for something I don't expect to use "all the time".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i have no experience with that set but what comes to mind is that on small diam. cutters the runout might be even more important than on larger ones.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

not worth buying cheap collets run out will be terrible dont have a clue about the holders they sound like cheap junk.

I have about 10 of these holders 3/4 x 6 for my citizen and miyano lathe use them sometimes on my mills. I get mine from time saver in Az off 35th ave and thomas road there quality and use technique collet they also have them in stock and quite a few collets