What's new
What's new

ER25 what collet nut do I have

Bill D

Diamond
I have a ER25 chuck for my mill. I need a wrench for the slotted nut that holds the collets in. Problem is I can find no dimensions for the nut to compare it to. There are several different ER25 nut types. I think they are all the same internal thread. I see E25, ER25U, ER25M, ER25UM. All I can tell for sure is it is not a standard wrench for hex nuts with six flats. A pin wrench would work but the same issue of what type to buy.
Bil lD.

Any pics to even give us a hint??? Sounds like a simple hook spanner. Measure the nut. Search engines are your friends.

Ed.

about 42.4 mm diameter. looks like the one in the link. A hook or pin spanner would do it. I think the pictured slot spnner? would be better since it pulls at multiple points spreading the force out.
Bill D.

MT3 ER25 Collet Chuck Holder Shank Thread M12 with ER25UM Wrench | eBay

I don't understand the problem. The wrench in your link is made for the nut and they're commonly available from the supply houses. I've bought from several places in ER-20, ER-32, ER-40. Some have been cast and machined, some look laser cut from plate, some have a plastic sleeve as illustrated, some don't. It looks like you have everything you need. You can't afford to make one for what they ask in the catalog.

I don't understand the problem. The wrench in your link is made for the nut and they're commonly available from the supply houses. I've bought from several places in ER-20, ER-32, ER-40. Some have been cast and machined, some look laser cut from plate, some have a plastic sleeve as illustrated, some don't. It looks like you have everything you need. You can't afford to make one for what they ask in the catalog.

Seconded. I simply bought TWO wrenches when I bought the first of each (ER 20, ER 40). One to use, one to lose. Didn't need the usual third "one to lend" as I don't lend my ER out.

No problem.

I agree buying a wrench is the best but I do not remember for sure if this is just a standard er25 nut or maybe a er25m or ER25u. or ER25UM. very doubtful it could be a ER25 UM reverse nut.
I know it is not a ER25-a.
Bil lD.

On edit; it is a standard ER25. I found a diagram with dimensions showing the five common ER25 nut styles.

LHY ER25 Nut – ADST Tools

Back